Dalton throws for 300+ yds: fans say keep him. Dak threw for 450+ yds 3 times, fans say cut him?

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Or we can pay Dak what he wants --- 30 mil, 35 mil, 40 mil? --- and ignore our D?
Same with Zeke.
Fans like you don't know there is a cap and the D needs a 7-player overhaul.
I weep for the future with harbor boy fans like you around.

this signing Dak and we will suffer is such a BS, and I am so so tired of hearing it from all these people who think they can build a defense through FA...

how are we ignoring the D? was there a player we wanted to sign this past season and couldn't? we signed 4 players who are no longer on the team, and for the same money could have kept Byron Jones. which Defensive FA in 2021 are available? 2022? would teams let their top impact defensive players hit the market? only older, injury prone or head cases and over rated defensive players hit the FA market....we probably can say the same thing about offense....teams simply keep their best players.....

I am 100% against building a defense through FA. it doesn't work and it doesn't succeed. you may sign one here and there to fill in a gap. perhaps trade for a player and resign him (ala cooper). but you shouldn't and can not build a defense through FA. it simply doesn't work. never worked. you have to draft well and for 15 years we have not drafted well. the only semi-impact player we have drafted in the past 15 years is Lawrence....before Lawrence...Ware.....fix that and defense is fixed. not through FA. no way.

and does signing Dak stop us from drafting defense? we have 11 picks this year....we should spend all 11 on defense.....

and I agree on Zeke. Didn't want picking a RB in top 5. even top 10 or top 15...no matter how good. Jerry blinked and gave him a contract with two years left on the contract. stupid jerry.

fans like you don't know how to build a team. they think FA is like going to walmart, aisle 12 and 13 and shopping for defensive players...geesh....

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
this signing Dak and we will suffer is such a BS, and I am so so tired of hearing it from all these people who think they can build a defense through FA...

how are we ignoring the D? was there a player we wanted to sign this past season and couldn't? we signed 4 players who are no longer on the team, and for the same money could have kept Byron Jones. which Defensive FA in 2021 are available? 2022? would teams let their top impact defensive players hit the market? only older, injury prone or head cases and over rated defensive players hit the FA market....we probably can say the same thing about offense....teams simply keep their best players.....

I am 100% against building a defense through FA. it doesn't work and it doesn't succeed. you may sign one here and there to fill in a gap. perhaps trade for a player and resign him (ala cooper). but you shouldn't and can not build a defense through FA. it simply doesn't work. never worked. you have to draft well and for 15 years we have not drafted well. the only semi-impact player we have drafted in the past 15 years is Lawrence....before Lawrence...Ware.....fix that and defense is fixed. not through FA. no way.

and does signing Dak stop us from drafting defense? we have 11 picks this year....we should spend all 11 on defense.....

and I agree on Zeke. Didn't want picking a RB in top 5. even top 10 or top 15...no matter how good. Jerry blinked and gave him a contract with two years left on the contract. stupid jerry.

fans like you don't know how to build a team. they think FA is like going to walmart, aisle 12 and 13 and shopping for defensive players...geesh....

Thank goodness we have a bloke like you, an absolutist and persimonious and presumptive to lead us.
Guess what?
Jerry doesn't Cate a whit what you think, though I have influence with FO personnel.:)

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score

Screw Dak, he has more money than god right now, and you don't even know if you are in Houston or DC.

Cowboy fan...pfftttt.

So many Dakky trolls lately,,,I guess it's ok.

tico

Reaction score
Idiots....
Sound like a bunch of ESPN little puppets

doomsday9084

Reaction score

Just this upcoming offseason, Dallas has the following free agents on defense: Crawford, Lee, Smith, Thomas, Awuzie, Lewis, Ankou, X Woods, A Woods.

OK, even if you think all of those guys suck, you can't replace all of them in the draft. That's just unrealistic. You are either going to have to re-sign your own guys or go on the market and sign someone else. That's before Dallas has to start dealing with some of the more expensive guys coming up like Gregory or LVE.

No matter how you skin it, Dallas has to put some money into the defense . . . and they are probably going to have to do the same with the O-line. Money IS a problem. Dallas is never going to be a SB contender if they give all their money to Lawrence, Dak, Zeke, Jaylon and Amare. Jerry already screwed up with several of those deals. Giving Dak $40m just makes the window that much tighter.

KB1122

Reaction score
Romo threw for 400 yards four times in one season. We lost all four games.

streetcredit

Reaction score
Romo threw for 400 yards four times in one season. We lost all four games.

There's no correlation between passing yards and wins, typically good offenses will get a lead and slowly beat down the defense like the great 90's Cowboys.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
Is Dak worth 35-40 million more than Dalton? What could we do with that money? Just saying. It appears worthy of discussion.

And we could still draft a QB.
are they paying Dak 45 to 50mil per season? because i dont see Dalton making less than 10mil next yr and most likely more

Diehardblues

Reaction score
are they paying Dak 45 to 50mil per season? because i dont see Dalton making less than 10mil next yr and most likely more
Not yet but at least 37.7 million.

Yet to be determined if Dalton will be here but was basing on his contract this year.

But my reference was meant to be exaggerated not taking literally to make the point.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
Not yet but at least 37.7 million.

Yet to be determined if Dalton will be here but was basing on his contract this year.

But my reference was meant to be exaggerated not taking literally to make the point.

Dalton has made himself alot of money this yr

I think Dak is going to get more than 38mil, but i also think hes going to be more willing to sign a longer deal with guarantees for injury. I think thats where the team and player are going to compromise.

Making a first yr cap hit manageable is the key

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
As I watch The Red Weenie pull a Dak move today by imploding today against the Giants I can honestly say The Red Weenie is nothing but a has-been in this league.
When has Dak ever imploded against the Giants? Dalton is no Dak.

FVSTONE

Reaction score
When has Dak ever imploded against the Giants? Dalton is no Dak.
Do you remember last year when we were double digit favorites against the JETS and Triple AAA Eagles???????? Dak crap all down both legs! The Red Weenie is an old antiquated QB who is nothing but a washed up starter hanging on for a pay check. As for Dak, I can't remember the last time he beat an average team in the NFL. Get off you're high horse, Dak got all his yards against prevent defenses last year and this year. Now that he has a bad wheel things will get real interesting because he won't be running the ball like he has in the past, teams will sit back a say, " BEAT US WITH YOUR ARM". That's not going to happen and we're going to continue to see mediocre seasons with Dak as our QB............................BOOK IT!

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Do you remember last year when we were double digit favorites against the JETS and Triple AAA Eagles???????? Dak crap all down both legs! The Red Weenie is an old antiquated QB who is nothing but a washed up starter hanging on for a pay check. As for Dak, I can't remember the last time he beat an average team in the NFL. Get off you're high horse, Dak got all his yards against prevent defenses last year and this year. Now that he has a bad wheel things will get real interesting because he won't be running the ball like he has in the past, teams will sit back a say, " BEAT US WITH YOUR ARM". That's not going to happen and we're going to continue to see mediocre seasons with Dak as our QB............................BOOK IT!
You're full of it, plus a moron of the worst kind. Wrong on so many points. Dak is going to be here for a long time whether you like it or not, and I'm going to enjoy seeing you cry like a crybaby for years to come (that's if you're still alive). I would say for you to grow up, but it's very clear you never grew up and never will. Need a pacifier, crybaby? You whine worst than most around here. Grown up 65 year old fart who still acts like a sour little whiny kid. Embarrassing! Then again, you're from Sacramento. Typical whiny, spoiled rotten, bad mannered Californian.

FVSTONE

Reaction score
You're full of it, plus a moron of the worst kind. Wrong on so many points. Dak is going to be here for a long time whether you like it or not, and I'm going to enjoy seeing you cry like a crybaby for years to come (that's if you're still alive). I would say for you to grow up, but it's very clear you never grew up and never will. Need a pacifier, crybaby? You whine worst than most around here. Grown up 65 year old fart who still acts like a sour little whiny kid. Embarrassing! Then again, you're from Sacramento. Typical whiny, spoiled rotten, bad mannered Californian.
YOUNG ND DUMB DOESN'T GET IT ON THIS SITE. DAK ISN'T TAKING ANYONE T THE PROMISE LAND..................

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Just this upcoming offseason, Dallas has the following free agents on defense: Crawford, Lee, Smith, Thomas, Awuzie, Lewis, Ankou, X Woods, A Woods.

OK, even if you think all of those guys suck, you can't replace all of them in the draft. That's just unrealistic. You are either going to have to re-sign your own guys or go on the market and sign someone else. That's before Dallas has to start dealing with some of the more expensive guys coming up like Gregory or LVE.

No matter how you skin it, Dallas has to put some money into the defense . . . and they are probably going to have to do the same with the O-line. Money IS a problem. Dallas is never going to be a SB contender if they give all their money to Lawrence, Dak, Zeke, Jaylon and Amare. Jerry already screwed up with several of those deals. Giving Dak $40m just makes the window that much tighter.
I could very easily say good bye to all of them. in a heart beat...perhaps, I would consider keeping Awuzie at the right price.

and those guys can be replaced with minimum salary guys with similar production.

every teams pays a few stars, pays a few mid levels and drafts well and fills some gaps here and there in FA.

and the problem also is that we haven't had a good defensive draft in 15 years. in fact we picked one player that was impactful another that was good and we let him go, the rest are meh...given we haven't drafted well, you are not going to replace everyone in one draft, but this draft is where it starts...and then same next year....if we don't fix the defensive draft, having 185M in cap space is not going to fix the problem.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Screw Dak, he has more money than god right now, and you don't even know if you are in Houston or DC.

Cowboy fan...pfftttt.

So many Dakky trolls lately,,,I guess it's ok.
I used to live in DC, I moved to Houston....is that a problem with you? not sure I understand that comment...you have to admit that was pretty stupid

and so what that he has money.....what does that have to do with anything....do I sense a little bit of jealousy.

this was one of the dumbest posts by far, perhaps a couple too many and then getting on the message board...