Dalvin Cook to be released. Cowboys interest anyone?

Kwyn

Reaction score
Miami? Why isn't he in Miami yet, since he wants to?
He won’t be released until later today.

He will also allow the market to determine his value.

His posts in the last 24-36 hours have showed he’s back in Florida

His strength and conditioning coach, who also trains Tua, said this

"He (Cook) will always have love for Minnesota.," said Hicks on Phinside the NFL. "You know, they took a chance on him. He's had an amazing career there. But who knows, I mean he's a South Florida boy through and through. He wants to be here, and he wants to end his career here."

"If push came to shove and offers came on the table, I know 100 per cent in my heart that he would be a Miami Dolphin. If every team offered him a deal and the Dolphins had a little bit less on the table, I believe he'd pick the Miami Dolphins."

shabazz

Reaction score
We need to see what we have first. He will want the bag as well. No reason at all to rush into this. We can take our time and wait. Not 2 many teams will be willing to overpay for an oft injured rb thats older.
……..as long as the Browns still exist, some players will continue to be paid over their worth, lol

Sydla

Reaction score
Absolutely would have interest.............. at the right price.

If he's looking or some team is willing to give him a multi-year deal at a ridiculous cost, yeah, I am out. I am looking for TBs on one or two year deals, mid to low level cap hits. That's it.

But if you could get him on a say, two year deal, at a decent cap number, I'd likely do it. The reality is with Pollard tagged, we are probably looking at him being a one year guy for us. We certainly aren't going to tag him again and have him on a ridiculous cap hit in 2024. And I would like to think we learned our lesson with Elliott on long term deals to TBs. Cook could slide in at TB in 2024 while we then figure out what to do at the position beyond that season.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Dallas should "have interest" in all proven RBs but as usual price point and their desire to be in Dallas matters a whole lot.

I'd rather have Zeke back then Cook who is oft-injured and unlike Zeke doesn't play through it.
All that said the Zeke thing is likely ego-driven now and like Dez just over with.

A lot of vet RBs will be available between now and week 3. Very possible Dallas wants to avoid the fully GTD status of signing a guy prior to week 1.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Dallas should "have interest" in all proven RBs but as usual price point and their desire to be in Dallas matters a whole lot.

I'd rather have Zeke back then Cook who is oft-injured and unlike Zeke doesn't play through it.
All that said the Zeke thing is likely ego-driven now and like Dez just over with.

A lot of vet RBs will be available between now and week 3. Very possible Dallas wants to avoid the fully GTD status of signing a guy prior to week 1.
Exactly what I've been trying to say we already have a lot of bodies and money already accounted for in the running back position we're trying to get out from underneath zeke's deal we still have dead cap the next two years it's time to let the young guys and the guys you brought in already eat all training camp all the practices all preseason and if some reason coming out of that last preseason game they don't feel comfortable they can start looking through the cut list and bringing a guy Week 2 to add to the running back by committee

Pollard got paid $10 million to be the starter and in my opinion if you add in some of the draft picks and Jones plus Malik,
I mean that's better than or at least on level with both Super Bowl teams running back rooms last year.
I mean people around here think we need 3 pro bowlers at every position and I don't get it we just tried to stop overpaying the running back position and we already have a lot of money already earmarked for it and the bodies.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
i won't say "zero' chance as some teams ill value and over value certain players and positions. ..they do it in FA all the time ... they could likely do that here with Cook too..
I would be very surprised

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Absolutely would have interest.............. at the right price.

If he's looking or some team is willing to give him a multi-year deal at a ridiculous cost, yeah, I am out. I am looking for TBs on one or two year deals, mid to low level cap hits. That's it.

But if you could get him on a say, two year deal, at a decent cap number, I'd likely do it. The reality is with Pollard tagged, we are probably looking at him being a one year guy for us. We certainly aren't going to tag him again and have him on a ridiculous cap hit in 2024. And I would like to think we learned our lesson with Elliott on long term deals to TBs. Cook could slide in at TB in 2024 while we then figure out what to do at the position beyond that season.
1000%

Cowboys1966

Reaction score
He appears to be regressing. At least statistically. He is not a great receiving running back. I hope the Cowboys pass. Drafting running backs on day 2/3 is the way to go.