Dalvin Cook to be released. Cowboys interest anyone?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Known player released.... start a thread, justify why he should be signed, wait, watch another team sign them, pine over why we didn't sign them...

I'm always skeptical when a team releases a player later in the offseason and how much they can contribute and if they would be worth the cost.
I mean we should be. People laugh at Mickey but he’s right. If he’s so good why would they release him? He’s not cooked but he’s on his way. If not this year maybe next.

CCBoy

Reaction score
With the 49th pick in the 2019 NFL Draft, the #Colts select Ben Banogu, DE, Texas Christian. Ben Banogu posted a Elite #RAS with Poor size, Elite speed, Elite explosiveness, Great agility at the DE position.

8:02 PM · Apr 26, 2019

12+88=7

Reaction score
10 million per year for one year. You do good you get another 10 million per year for one year. Lather rinse repeat. You want guaranteed money over multiple years buzz off loser.
The Walter Alston of football.

CCBoy

Reaction score
A special teamer/special skills linebacker?
At 6-3 and 250 pounds, with a 40-speed of 4.62, Bagonu was listed as an Edge player at the combine that year.

He was listed as a linebacker his first three seasons before officially moving to Edge. Banogu played in 50 games for the Colts. He never started a game and spent most of his time on special teams.

In his rookie season, Banogu played in all 16 of the Colts' regular season games. He recorded 11 tackles, seven solo, and 2.5 sacks.

https://insidethestar.com/cowboys-bring-home-defensive-end-ben-banogu/

I first posted the Bagonu postings as a seperate thread of it's own...it was moved.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Veteran backs such as Ezekiel Elliott, Kareem Hunt and Leonard Fournette are now feeling the strain.

These aren't backs who have proved they are over the hill. These are players who were productive just last season. Elliott had 968 scrimmage yards and 12 touchdowns for the Cowboys, Hunt accumulated 678 scrimmage yards and four total touchdowns, and Fournette was still a weapon in the passing game with over 500 yards receiving in 2022.

MEDIA=bleacherreport]397404[/MEDIA

1. There's an interesting tidbit that kind of gets forgotten when it comes to Leonard Fournette's release from the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.
    The 28-year-old actually requested it, per Rick Stroud of the Tampa Bay Times.
    "Winning is everything," Fournette said. "That's all. And in my last three years here, that's all we've done. But since my guy (Tom Brady) left, that's why I came, so my time here was up."

Elliott - Coincidentally, the money saved in the first year is the same amount the club will pay Tony Pollard on the franchise tag, so cutting Elliott paid for Pollard's tag this season.

MEDIA=bleacherreport]397404[/MEDIA

Last edited:

CCBoy

Reaction score
Fletcher Cox was a June 1 cut by Philadelphia and then brought back with a new contract.

Kwyn

Reaction score
Offer 10 million, same as Tony. That's the offer....
His deal was only 11m. No one would touch it in trade.

His performance really fell off last year when it counted. He was terrible after contact. Honestly, Pollard is likely better than Cook.

I’d take him because he’s better than our #2 but he’s not the big deal he was a few years ago

CCBoy

Reaction score
His deal was only 11m. No one would touch it in trade.

His performance really fell off last year when it counted. He was terrible after contact. Honestly, Pollard is likely better than Cook.

I’d take him because he’s better than our #2 but he’s not the big deal he was a few years ago
The point is limiting Pollard to 20 carries a game to keep him more explosive. To be a dominant run scheme, then a pretty good runner is needed for pounding between the tackles.

kevm3

Reaction score
The point is limiting Pollard to 20 carries a game to keep him more explosive. To be a dominant run scheme, then a pretty good runner is needed for pounding between the tackles.
Exactly. Splitting carries with Pollard is key to keep him explosive and we don't really know how he's going to look after that injury. We should be mixing up Dalvin Cook and Pollard with a dash of Deuce Vaughn.

Kwyn

Reaction score
I would welcome him. I think he’s going to end up in Miami. It’s where he wants to be and I think he would accept less to go back to south Florida.

SimonM21

Reaction score
At 6-3 and 250 pounds, with a 40-speed of 4.62, Bagonu was listed as an Edge player at the combine that year.

He was listed as a linebacker his first three seasons before officially moving to Edge. Banogu played in 50 games for the Colts. He never started a game and spent most of his time on special teams.

In his rookie season, Banogu played in all 16 of the Colts' regular season games. He recorded 11 tackles, seven solo, and 2.5 sacks.

https://insidethestar.com/cowboys-bring-home-defensive-end-ben-banogu-here

I first posted the Bagonu postings as a seperate thread of it's own...it was moved.
He was quite good at Colts. Could have been better, of course. But not a core player. I wonder how the Cowboys will use him. Will they use him at all.

SimonM21

Reaction score
I would welcome him. I think he’s going to end up in Miami. It’s where he wants to be and I think he would accept less to go back to south Florida.
Miami? Why isn't he in Miami yet, since he wants to?

Adreme

Reaction score
Miami? Why isn't he in Miami yet, since he wants to?
Because he isn’t officially released yet. There is also no rush. This not early offseason. Rosters are fairly set so there is time to take an extra week or two to work it out.

GMO415

Reaction score
Having a $20 + million dollar backfield is absurd. They're overpaying for Pollard and they could have signed this kid.