Dalvin Cook to be released. Cowboys interest anyone?

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I doubt that the Cowboys would pay him 10. I would think that their limit with him would be 6. I think that he would take too much money for Dallas, but we will have to see what his market is.
I think he will have a 10M, market and he will want a multi year contract. he is not towards the end of his career to jump on a team to just to try and get a ring. he has a big contract he wants and coming. I don't think we have a chance but I can see Jets, Denver, Miami, Chargers all make a play for him.

quickccc

Reaction score
Zero chance he gets that type of money and no way the Cowboys would entertain that. Look at the market, the rd leader last season got 4 million
i won't say "zero' chance as some teams ill value and over value certain players and positions. ..they do it in FA all the time ... they could likely do that here with Cook too..

rambo2

Reaction score
I think he will have a 10M, market and he will want a multi year contract. he is not towards the end of his career to jump on a team to just to try and get a ring. he has a big contract he wants and coming. I don't think we have a chance but I can see Jets, Denver, Miami, Chargers all make a play for him.
The Chargers have a high dollar running back.

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
Dalvin has either hit the cliff, or is about one year away from it. The Vikings made a smart Belichick-type move to get rid of him a year too early rather than a year too late.

Cook does have some value. He's one of the few difference-maker backs in the NFL, and one of very few backs who's been a consistent difference maker for like 5 straight years. The only other RBs like that who I can think of offhand are Chubb, Henry, and McCaffrey.

The question is, how much does he still have in the tank? Does he have another 1300 yard campaign with a bunch of catches in him? Or did he just hit his version of Zeke's 2020 season, and he's about to go 2021 Zeke on us.

It's worth a shot for some RB-needy team to find out, but probably not worth $10M to find out.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Dalvin has either hit the cliff, or is about one year away from it. The Vikings made a smart Belichick-type move to get rid of him a year too early rather than a year too late.

Cook does have some value. He's one of the few difference-maker backs in the NFL, and one of very few backs who's been a consistent difference maker for like 5 straight years. The only other RBs like that who I can think of offhand are Chubb, Henry, and McCaffrey.

The question is, how much does he still have in the tank? Does he have another 1300 yard campaign with a bunch of catches in him? Or did he just hit his version of Zeke's 2020 season, and he's about to go 2021 Zeke on us.

It's worth a shot for some RB-needy team to find out, but probably not worth $10M to find out.
Who's paying $10M for a running back who was released wanting to stay with an $8M contract that market did not grab?

DUO_CORE

Reaction score
giphy.gif

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
I think Cook ends up signing somewhere for about $7-8M per year.

That’s just a guess.
If that's his value.......I'd be all over signing him to a short-term deal ( 3 years 25M, 15/16M guaranteed ). This way we have him with Pollard this season and a rookie next season after letting Pollard walk.

CCBoy

Reaction score
If that's his value.......I'd be all over signing him to a short-term deal ( 3 years 25M, 15/16M guaranteed ). This way we have him with Pollard this season and a rookie next season after letting Pollard walk.
If anyone also says they wouldn't take Barkley as well, then they aren't playing with a full deck also.

TheMightyVanHalen

Reaction score
Judging from his abusive treatment of his pitbull puppies, a breed that I absolutely love and advocate for, and his two incidents of violence against women, PLUS a horrible Wonderlic score which suggest he isn't that bright, I would pass on him. I'm not a "Just win, baby!" type of guy.

rambo2

Reaction score
Judging from his abusive treatment of his pitbull puppies, a breed that I absolutely love and advocate for, and his two incidents of violence against women, PLUS a horrible Wonderlic score which suggest he isn't that bright, I would pass on him. I'm not a "Just win, baby!" type of guy.
I wonder what he thinks of chaining puppies up in the cold of Buffalo?

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Not only that, but, when we have a lead late in a game, it's important to run the ball to drain
Not only that, but, when we have a lead late in a game, it's important to run the ball to drain clock.
be careful you might teach somebody something. I wouldn’t be surprised if they still wanna throw the football late in the fourth quarter with the lead.

CCBoy

Reaction score
dvice: Elliott and the Cowboys are "evaluating their respective futures," according to Cowboys beat writer Michael Gehlken. Since releasing Elliott in mid-March, the Cowboys have repeatedly said that the door remains open for Zeke to return. A reunion between the two sides doesn't seem improbable, considering the talent behind Tony Pollard. The trio of Ronald Jones, Deuce Vaughn, and Malik Davis won't instill fear in too many defenses. And while Zeke didn't show much as a rusher down the stretch, he still excels in pass blocking and can punch in the occasional goal line touchdown. Jones also noted that he doesn't expect the team to pursue wide receiver DeAndre Hopkins, citing a potential signing of the veteran receiver as "unlikely."

Note on Yahoo fantasy

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
And why would you pay a declining cook and get rid of ascending Pollard?
One word....value
I'm not putting more than $10M per year in the position for one player. Pollard will certainly expect a contract north of that after this season. Cook gives me a player I think has at least 2 more good years for 6-8 million.

Also, it's obvious the RB market is crashing ...........if we are going to be the run-first team as claimed, we should be over this, trying to add another solid vet to pair with Pollard. Let me ask you.......what does our RB room look like if Pollard goes down with another injury?