Twitter: Dalvin Cook update

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
goodluck-lando.gif

Calvin2Tony2Emmitt2Julius

Reaction score
Never let another person decide your worth ! Dalvin Go get yours. I swear I wouldn't sign no more than a year contract unless it had guarantees I wanted. To low ball these players and THEN run them into the ground is

Some Robber Baron ish

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Add in the fact it's so late in the offseason, not many have much money under the cap to make such a signing, just look how Hopkins is struggling to find a deal of his liking. Cook most likely is going to have to take a 1 yr deal and re-enter fa next offseason to make a larger contract. There are also injury concerns as he has only play a few seasons fully healthy.

If I am the Cowboys would offer him a 1yr 5 million deal with incentives to make a little more.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
Anybody who thought he was thinking about dallas as an legit option is hilarious

Flamma

Reaction score
Who will sign a 27 year old RB then?
4 or 5 mill is your value sir.
His market value is listed at 8.7M. I don't know of any team signing him for that. But that's probably what he's banking on.

Reid1boys

Reaction score

Did Dalvin price himself out of Dallas?

yep.... no way in hell he gets close to what we just cleared releasing Zeke. We didnt franchise tag pollard to sign another 7-8 million dollar back. The Cowboys FO tells us what they are thinking.... some of you just dont listen.

Kwyn

Reaction score
After they lose a couple of seasons and get some high draft picks, they'll be right back to potentially competing for Superbowls again, just like the Eagles. The Eagles won a superbowl, became our punching bag for a few years, retooled and they are in another superbowl. I'd much rather be bad for a few years and then win a Superbowl than have a perpetual 2nd round exit playoff team.
If only it was that easy.

I’m sure most any team would take a deal that guaranteed a Super Bowl appearance every five years and at least one win every ten.

The Lions would have been in ten Super Bowls and won five.

blueblood70

Reaction score
That starting price of $4 million-$5 million was more than the Joneses would pay.
Sure it is and why would you pay anymore than that?? the Cowboys made their decision as soon as Tony Pollard signed his franchise tag bringing in another veteran making that kind of money was not gonna happen nor should it his own team is letting him go the Titans are trying to trade Henry the Philly got rid of Sanders there aren't many teams in the NFL they're gonna put that kind of money into the running back position to act like the Jones just won't pay running back they would they already did, 10 million to Tony Pollard and they did to zeke they did make Emmett Smith the highest paid running back every four years
if Pollard didn't sign his franchise tag or they decide to release him yes we would have been looking for a guy like Henry or cooks they made their decision for this year and it is ridiculous that fans thought it was gonna happen any other way they still owe Z on the cap anyway dead cap money 6 million got 10 million invested in Tony Pollard and we brought in Jones we drafted hunter and Vaughn I think we're covered at running back for now and like I said for now if something happens in training camp or going into week one where they're worried about the position they'll find a veteran and bring them in

Bowdown27

Reaction score
Exactly. No team wants to pay more than that. Pollard jacobs and Barkley will not be getting 10 per. They will be locked up for smaller amount.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He is in decline.

He is not getting a big contract.

Ask zeke bout that
Obviously he won't get a contract like Zeke got from the Cowboys a few years back, but Cook's numbers are better than any Zeke has had in the last 3 years, so I wouldn't say he is in the same boat as Zeke.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I could easily see him getting more than that "IF" he would sign a short term deal. I just don't see him getting a long term deal for big money though

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Obviously he won't get a contract like Zeke got from the Cowboys a few years back, but Cook's numbers are better than any Zeke has had in the last 3 years, so I wouldn't say he is in the same boat as Zeke.
You are correct , they are not in the same exact situation.

They are in the same general situation in that they are coming off big contracts and their play is declining, and no team is going to pay them big bucks again...