News: Damar Hamlin Injury thread (Breathing Tube Removed!)

EST_1986

Reaction score
Who all remembers Darryl Stingley? That might have been the last life threatening event that happened during a game.
Don’t recall him or that event but there was a soccer player with a similar event in the last few years.

CWR

Reaction score
They immediately jumped on him with resuscitation. He had almost no down time and probably didn't go without oxygen long at all.

Those are the type you get back. The fact he is pulsing now is great.

If he wasn't hypoxic long or at all he stands a good chance at making a full recovery. HOWEVER, the underlying cause is unknown and that complicates things.

Hoping and praying for the best.

Nickyd2208

Reaction score
i can deal with all the ankle breaks, legs being bent the other way fingers being dislocated that just comes with the sport

but never this, this is something that shouldnt come with the sport
I hear ya buddy, absolutely crazy. Thoughts to Damar and his family.

Adiba1977

Reaction score
They immediately jumped on him with resuscitation. He had almost no down time and probably didn't go without oxygen long at all.

Those are the type you get back. The fact he is pulsing now is great.

If he wasn't hypoxic long or at all he stands a good chance at making a full recovery. HOWEVER, the underlying cause is unknown and that complicates things.

Hoping and praying for the best.
CPR 9 mins not in controlled environment not good - did they get his pads off quickly? Administration of oxygen quickly?. Guessing he went v fib. Need defibrillation.

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
Watching the Bills and Bengals with their helmets off, distraught, makes you realize so many of these players are just kids.

Jamar Chase, Josh Allen, etc....they're just baby-faces,....with gigantic bodies. But they're kids...some of them 6 or 7 years removed from getting their freaking driver's license.

I was at my current job 15 years ago. 15 years ago Hamlin was 9 years old.

doomsday9084

Reaction score
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Commotio_cordis

Lots of people talking about this online. When I saw the replay, my first thought was that he took a shoulder right to his heart in a way that is very rare for football. Apparently this condition occurs if you hit the wrong area at exactly the wrong time. Since they got him really fast, hopefully he will be fine.