News: Damar Hamlin Injury thread (Breathing Tube Removed!)

plymkr

Reaction score
The fact he is alive and has a heartbeat is good news.

He is at a very high quality hospital. I feel confident they will save him.
So he does have a heartbeat. That is good, really good. Hopefully we continue to hear more positive updates throughout the night. Thanks for posting this. I was just combing the internet trying to see if there was any sign of life. ESPN site is not good at updating. I'm glad the NFL did the right thing and postponed the game. Praying for him and his family. I haven't been this shook about a sports injury since '95 NFCCG when one of our players hit the WR coach of the Packers and he hit his head on the concrete. That was the last time I remember having this sick feeling.

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
whats disturbing me the most is it was a regular play he got back up to go to the huddle and just collapsed

it reminded me TOO much of Hank Gathers which i try to NEVER think about

That was awful.

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
I posted a video about this earlier and several others have mentioned it as well.

First thing I texted my brother and here! I really haven’t heard about it in football as much as in youth baseball with line drives to pitcher. Doesn’t matter anyways. Only matters the guy gets the care and hopefully can recover

HungryLion

Reaction score
That's only a few rounds. I imagine pads went on immediately as they always should, especially for someone who was likely in a shockable rhythm. Oxygen should have been going from the beginning, at least with a bag valve mask. They probably struggled to get a seal and hopefully put in a blind airway quickly.

No it's NEVER "good," but in the realm of death its as quick of a response as anyone could hope for.

Clearly, they did their jobs well enough if he's pulsing now. Again, the underlying cause needs resolution.

Having actual doctors getting to him immediately is huge. We have to remember they aren’t just someone who received CPR training at the local Red Cross. He had actual doctors working on him immediately. That makes a hug difference.

Dallasfann

Reaction score
Man..just so horrible. I've always worried about DBs and there small shoulder pads when it comes to big collisions. Never to the extent of something as horrible as what happened to Damar. Prayers are and have been with him and his family all night. So sad..ugh.

Bizwah

Reaction score
whats disturbing me the most is it was a regular play he got back up to go to the huddle and just collapsed

it reminded me TOO much of Hank Gathers which i try to NEVER think about
I was reminded of that too. I just don't want that.....thought....just please no.

shabazz

Reaction score
The only relatable thing I’ve seen like this was in the late 80’s when hockey goalie Clint Malarchuk took a skate to his carotid artery in his neck. He would have died on the ice if one of the trainers didn’t reach in and pinch the artery to stop the flow of blood. I’m relieved that the player tonight had such quick access to the EMT guys.

never fails to amaze me how fragile life is and when one time may come even for the youngest and assumed healthiest of us.

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
I'm not a religious man but respect those who are, and if you are then please pray hard for this young man.

I can only speak from compassion. I can't imagine what his family and teammates are going through now. I hope, with all my heart, we get some good news soon.