Dan Quinn and the defensive meltdown

Praxit

Reaction score
We have fans that give up on the first opposing team TD.
..lol.. yeah. Stay away from game threads. It's like new people join just to spite on the cowboys. It's bizarre.
All logic goes out the window.

Cmac

Reaction score
Quinn needed to do some "splainin" about what was put on film.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Unfortunately we don’t have the right type of players to play a coverage lockdown scheme.

The defense is centered around a solid pass rush and man to man defense which puts pressure on the QB go throw quick and the WRs with press man.

When you play a team with long, young, and speedy receivers like SEA it’s going to be tough. Was a mismatch for sure.
Evans was brought in to try and shore up the missing link on D but has yet to deliver anything meaningful.
Has Shaq been signed yet?
Until this defense shores up vs the run, big WRs will continue to feast vs Qs scheme.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
As far as the Seattle game goes, they have 3 WR with outstanding short area quickness. Geno Smith is playing good ball as well. We was consistently on time and one target with his throws.

The Giants used to use the same quick throw strategy with Toomer Burress and Shockey to negate our pass rush when Ware was dominant.

The cool thing is now the Eagles and Niners get to play that offense the next two weeks. Think they were desperate before?

catskillthunder

Reaction score
It boils down to scheme and execution. Clearly last night DQ had no plan B for the SEA offensive game plan. He obviously didn't think Geno was going to be able to get rid of the ball so fast and didn't make any adjustments that I noticed.

fairviewfarmer

Reaction score
Cant figure out why everyone is bashing MM and the offense when they out up another 40pts. While the ***Golden Boy*** Dan Quinn defense is just HORRID....NO EXCUSES for this defense any more... Teams have caught on to DQ defense and it has turned into an Atlanta Falcons 2.0 defense. They cannot compete with over .500 teams with good QB or good offenses....they only beat up on losing teams....aka,,, Mac Jones, Daniel Jones, Sam Howell ran offenses...while they look like trash against quality teams

Bottom line it is up to DAK and this offense to bail out the defense....DAN QUIN is a fraud
+1

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Before the game, it was said, "These may be the best 3 receivers the Cowboys face all year." on a pre-game program.

Whoever said it was correct.

Sometimes match ups matter. This one benefited the Seahawks while on offense.
Right. Quinn thought his guys could match them in man coverage, but he was wrong. Nothing to be ashamed of in saying Bland can't cover Metcalf one-on-one. I'm glad he at least adjusted to letting Gilmore go with Metcalf.

SuspectCorner

Still waiting...
Reaction score
Unfortunately we don’t have the right type of players to play a coverage lockdown scheme.

The defense is centered around a solid pass rush and man to man defense which puts pressure on the QB go throw quick and the WRs with press man.

When you play a team with long, young, and speedy receivers like SEA it’s going to be tough. Was a mismatch for sure.
When your man coverage is getting torched - what would YOU do coach? Howzabout zoning that bandit stealing you blind, DK Metcalf, and zone that dude by cheating a safety over the top of that bast… ion of integrity.

Cebrin

Reaction score
It was pretty cleaned up in the 2nd half, but the first half was bad. Penalties are going to be the death of this team come playoff time.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Most of the yards they got were against Bland. He was a hot mess last night. DQ needs to get him some help when we play a team with great receivers.
Runny, how many passing yards and TDs did DaRon Bland give up last night to the Seahawks?

I'm guessing it was over 200 yards and 2 TDs.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
179 and 2 TDs. Yeah, the interception didn't make up for the rest.
Yikes! I was close. I remember it being close to 200 passing yards given up, plus the 2 TDs. What hurt was how many of those big yards given up were on 3rd and long for the Seahawks. They definitely did their homework and saw a weakness to exploit by using DK Metcalf against Bland. Huge sudden exposure. Hope Dan Quinn can help get it fixed in time for these next 4 very tough opponents.

Mark

Reaction score
It boils down to scheme and execution. Clearly last night DQ had no plan B for the SEA offensive game plan. He obviously didn't think Geno was going to be able to get rid of the ball so fast and didn't make any adjustments that I noticed.
The only adjustment I noticed was pulling Bland off man coverage of Metcalf at some point in the second half.

Not having really watched him play this year, I was really impressed with Geno's skills & poise last night.