Dan Quinn still has no answer for what went wrong against the Packers

RoboQB

Reaction score
I will start my post by stating generically that the whole team sucked, but I wonder how many points the defense would have had to hold GB to, to have a realistic shot at winning this game?

On the flip, how many points would the offense had to score to win this game?

You can't go by final score, we know GB called off the dogs and could have made both offense and defense look even worse.
Look at it this way. For as bad as they were, the defense gave up 14 points in the 1st half essentially. I guess they could've held them to 10 points.

nobody

Reaction score

LOL.. Gotta keep the scape-coating.

Unlike the 8th year bum we have at QB, Jordan Love stepped up against zone defense in the play-offs and diced the defense, while Dak, as usual, completely crapped the bed against zone until GB went prevent and inserted their second-string defense.

Uh, dude, I wasn't scapegoating for Dak at all. Ask anyone on the forum. I've been saying he choked in the playoffs three years in a row. But he wasn't the only reason for the loss. Only a fool believes that. Sure, he choked yet again, but the defense didn't show to play either

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
I swear he threw that game. I get the daggers being thrown towards the offense and they are deserved but the scheme on defense was ridiculous to the point where it looked like the team was intentionally losing. Soft zone coverage? 6 men in the box against two TE sets? All while down double digits. Really?
:hammer:....That was the worst defensive game plan I have ever seen in a playoff game. Talk about playing not to lose.....then doing absolutely nothing to make adjustments.

The 28-3 meltdown in the Super bowl was no fluke.....Nor was this *** beating.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
The game was just a cluster f**k from the get go. Never have i seen such a wretched performance. Dallas should have EASILY handled the Pack.
Maybe, but they never really wanted to play in the first place. They were tired, remember? Their minds were on the offseason and vacation; they didn't give a damn about that game. I almost feel sorry for the people who wasted their money going to that game.

Last edited:

khiladi

Reaction score
Uh, dude, I wasn't scapegoating for Dak at all. Ask anyone on the forum. I've been saying he choked in the playoffs three years in a row. But he wasn't the only reason for the loss. Only a fool believes that. Sure, he choked yet again, but the defense didn't show to play either
The point is, Quinn going zone was more than valid, as Love showed inconsistency against it. They probably game planned for him and he rose to the occasion. He also was playing lights out going into the playoffs.

Love, unlike Dak, stepped up.

Praxit

Reaction score
....lol.. His style point defense, was figured out.

Run the damn ball. Parsons is to be busy sacking the QB.

The LB's are young and stupid, with no instincts.

...and the rest, ......is just bad luck.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
Look at it this way. For as bad as they were, the defense gave up 14 points in the 1st half essentially. I guess they could've held them to 10 points.
not when your QB, does nothing with their possession. shrugs. 3 and out, then the defense is back on the field. go dakie....

chagus

Reaction score
It most certainly was. Some people prance around like "31 other teams failed TOO so THERE".

They didn't fail like that. We pooped ourselves then crawled around in it. The other playoff teams at least fought. Even Cleveland.
Exactly. WE know our team. WE follow it. WE know the potential so when we witness an absolute and colossal meltdown, its just bewildering. Not only that, we as Cowboys fans get to endure the certified and guaranteed ridicule that the idiot "bandwagon haters" will bring since the ENTIRE world watches Cowboy games. To be honest, its sucks being a Cowboys fan at the moment.

chagus

Reaction score
The point is, Quinn going zone was more than valid, as Love showed inconsistency against it. They probably game planned for him and he rose to the occasion. He also was playing lights out going into the playoffs.

Easier to step up when the opposing defense lays down.

nobody

Reaction score

Doesn't exclude the rest of the team for choking though, including the defense. The entire team played piss-poor. Dak included. I've stated here multiple times the Cowboys will not make it to the NFC championship because Dak's a choker, but he's far from the only problem. Why does it have to be either/or with some of you? Saying the entire team choked is not a defense of Dak. And as evidenced by the outcome, Quinn going zone was not valid. We didn't have the personnel to do it apparently. Yes, GB stepped up, but our guys took several steps down.

(And Dak looked like a rookie when it mattered most....yet again)

khiladi

Reaction score
Doesn't exclude the rest of the team for choking though, including the defense. The entire team played piss-poor. Dak included. I've stated here multiple times the Cowboys will not make it to the NFC championship because Dak's a choker, but he's far from the only problem. Why does it have to be either/or with some of you? Saying the entire team choked is not a defense of Dak. And as evidenced by the outcome, Quinn going zone was not valid. We didn't have the personnel to do it apparently. Yes, GB stepped up, but our guys took several steps down.

(And Dak looked like a rookie when it mattered most....yet again)
You are defending Dak. Claiming Quinn was at fault for going zone, is baseless. Jordan Love was playing lights out, particularly against man, and he struggled against zone.

The defense showed up the last two years and Dak sucked. And Dak sucked again and couldn’t keep pace with Jordan Love. So when the defense steps up, Dak sucks. When the defense needs him to slow the bleeding, he gives the opponent more points.

khiladi

Reaction score
Easier to step up when the opposing defense lays down.
Keep that same energy regarding the garbage defenses with their 30th ranked passes defenses Dak gets to pad his stats against yearly…. Do you say they “lay down” or do you call Dak the greatest thing since sliced bread..

What happened the last two years when the defense locked down the 49ers. Dak still sucked..

nobody

Reaction score
You are defending Dak. Claiming Quinn was at fault for going zone, is baseless. Jordan Love was playing lights out, particularly against man, and he struggled against zone.

The defense showed up the last two years and Dak sucked. And Dak sucked again and couldn’t keep pace with Jordan Love. So when the defense steps up, Dak sucks. When the defense needs him to slow the bleeding, he gives the opponent more points.
You are insane if you think I'm defending Dak. Only a 100% moron puts ALL the blame on Dak for the loss. The entire team sucked, including Dak. Good day, sir!

khiladi

Reaction score
You are insane if you think I'm defending Dak. Only a 100% moron puts ALL the blame on Dak for the loss. The entire team sucked, including Dak. Good day, sir!
So what happened the previous two years with Dak and the defense against the 49ers? Or even this year?

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
There was no answer that Quinn could have provided that would have prevented a sad tale from being told.

Offering face-saving words didn't help the situation, in the least. At least, he managed to remain positive!
Now, he can concentrate on repeating the same sort of losses in Washington, thank goodness! :muttley:

Last edited: