Dan Quinn still has no answer for what went wrong against the Packers

RoboQB

Reaction score
What a load of bs….so dak made the defense quit on the opening drive when the packers took the ball first and scored even though the offense hadn’t touched the ball yet? the other teams quarterback has called out our scheme and the fact that we had safeties playing linebacker and they were confident in what they could do That’s on dak too? You have a clear agenda. The defense sucked because they sucked. They were out of position, sloppy on tackling, and that had nothing at all to do with dak- who also played poorly.

Even after halftime when the deficit was down to 17 the packers took the ball right down the field and scored again. The defense was bad. That doesn’t mean dak wasn’t bad himself but to say it’s daks fault why the defense was terrible is just such a ridiculous statement and you can’t be taken seriously. Dak was bad. The defense was bad. Both are true but the defense wasn’t bad because of dak. That’s on them.

Get real
Go ahead, buddy. Get it all out..lol Good grief.
I've repeatedly condemned the defense for their part.
Do you dispute that a leader should step in with confidence and lead the offense down the field?
It was 27-0 in the 2nd quarter and Dak was responsible for 13 of the 27pts.
Nobody is trying to obsolve the defense (and DC) of blame. However, it starts and ends with the QB.
Here's an example: Nobody is saying how "Chris Jones is entering Tom Brady-level with 3 SBs in 4 years."
Why? Because Chris Jones isn't a QB.
Relax. They don't care if we care, or not..lol

Proof

Reaction score
I admittedly don’t know much of anything, certainly don’t claim to be a football expert, and have no need to be right….but even I was posting years ago that any OC that has the patience to stay with the run against us even when behind would have success.

Why the so called “experts” didn’t see the same frustrates me as a fan. They are supposed to easily see what myself and many others did, and did nothing about it.
even if that were the case, teams just aren’t able to do that consistently. it’s a gamble and you play the odds.

quinn isn’t here anymore, he’s already got a hc gig, he could be candid. he’s an accomplished DC with a favorable matchup and things went left. there’s zero chance he didn’t try to get a handle on things

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score

Blimey!
Memorize those thoughts, Coach Quinn.
You'll need those remarks many times this season. You will be uncovered as a fraud there as you were at the Star.
48 points.:mad:
You should have retired after tha humiliation --- handed to us by a 7th seed.

DandyDon52

Reaction score

thats what you say when you threw the game on purpose ! and would like to not admit it so just say you cant put a finger on what went wrong !lol
I think he did it to get even with jerry who had promised him the HC job in 24 if mike failed, then said he was gonna stay with mike.

Jayinem

Reaction score
Guess he won't admit our defense was soft in the middle and our QB sucks when the pressure is on.

Kwyn

Reaction score
the entire team did not show up and no one was prepare

that is on every coach and player it is not very hard to under stand

but to jerry and stephen? better run that back!!!!! make a lot of sense
Changed OC last year. Changing DC this year.

ICP

Reaction score
Pretty pathetic when even Jordan Love and many others do. Glad he's gone

Quickdraw

Reaction score
You be fair, he's not the only one who's lost big but thinks they still won. ;)

cowboyed

Reaction score
There should be a rule that you can't interview with other teams or go job hunting as a coach or coordinator unless your team is out of the playoffs. It's a huge distraction, impacts the players that have bonded with their coaches and makes those players cynical about loyalty and commitment to their teams.

MyFairLady

Reaction score
I feel like I am on repeat these days but last season was a complete success. DQ gets a promotion. The players get massive raises. Ownership got lots of attention. Franchise value went up. As fans we need to forget the Green bay game. It was not important. All the important boxes got checked. Go back to cheering for our heroes.

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
Go ahead, buddy. Get it all out..lol Good grief.
I've repeatedly condemned the defense for their part.
Do you dispute that a leader should step in with confidence and lead the offense down the field?
It was 27-0 in the 2nd quarter and Dak was responsible for 13 of the 27pts.
Nobody is trying to obsolve the defense (and DC) of blame. However, it starts and ends with the QB.
Here's an example: Nobody is saying how "Chris Jones is entering Tom Brady-level with 3 SBs in 4 years."
Why? Because Chris Jones isn't a QB.
Relax. They don't care if we care, or not..lol
Let what out? I’ve been as critical as dak as anyone but saying the defense quit because of dak is absolutely bone head level stuff. The qb ultimately falls on the sword as the leader of the team but he’s not the reason the defense sucked which is exactly what you’re trying to make it out to be.

I’m completely relaxed. This is a forum online about a sports team…lol. If you can’t take a back and forth or a discourse then don’t post. And Chris jones is the 2nd most important player on the chiefs behind mahomes. If he’s not on the field for the Super Bowl there’s a great chance the chiefs don’t beat San Fran so moot point.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
This is what he would say if he could.............

Dan: Well Bob my defense realized that our offense was in Deer in the Headlights land and after the previous 2 Niner playoff losses they just gave up.
Bob: Ok Dan but is that a real assessment of what happened?
Dan: Yes Sir unless our offense is given the lead and we get them at least 2-3 T/O in the game they're useless esp against teams like the Bills and Niners.
Bob: GL in D.C. Dan.
so his defense was on the field first. allowed an 8 minute drive with only one 3rd down. GB just went down the field and scored easily. can't say it was offense. can't say they were tired. they just plain sucked.

kskboys

Reaction score
Why is it so hard for some of you to simply admit we lack talent at LB and DT? I mean, it's blatantly obvious. All this talk about coaching and attitude and such is just blather that covers up the real problem, S's playing LB. There is no scheme you could've thrown at the Packers w/ the players available that would've stopped them. Get off the BSPN bandwagon and look at the reality of it. The players never quit, they simply never had a chance because they're not good enough.

khiladi

Reaction score
Cowboys defense was strongest in man coverage and weakest in zone coverage. GB (and their rookie QB) was weaker against Man coverage and stronger against Zone....so our brilliant Coordinator called for mostly Zone coverage. That's a huge part of what went wrong that game.

LOL.. Gotta keep the scape-coating.

Unlike the 8th year bum we have at QB, Jordan Love stepped up against zone defense in the play-offs and diced the defense, while Dak, as usual, completely crapped the bed against zone until GB went prevent and inserted their second-string defense.

RoboQB

Reaction score
Let what out? I’ve been as critical as dak as anyone but saying the defense quit because of dak is absolutely bone head level stuff. The qb ultimately falls on the sword as the leader of the team but he’s not the reason the defense sucked which is exactly what you’re trying to make it out to be.

I’m completely relaxed. This is a forum online about a sports team…lol. If you can’t take a back and forth or a discourse then don’t post. And Chris jones is the 2nd most important player on the chiefs behind mahomes. If he’s not on the field for the Super Bowl there’s a great chance the chiefs don’t beat San Fran so moot point.
You're a very brave keyboard warrior. Maybe drop the attitude down a few notches and your brain will begin to work. Starting off with "bs" and finishing with "get real" then adding a "bone head" is not a back and forth discussion. You wouldn't speak that way to many people in person, at least not for long.

As I stated at the start of this wonderful discussion with
you and your tourette syndrome, the whole team looked bad. I even included the kicker who finally missed a FG.

The defense gave up a 9 minute drive to start the game.
Go back and look at Dak's expression while down 7-0 before taking the field. Ask yourself if you've ever seen Brady, Mahomes or any of the greats look like that.
I'll help you out, you haven't. Not down 7-0 with more than three quarters to play and at home.

Yes, down 20-0, 27-0, 34-10, 41-16 and 48-16 the defense quit. Why, you may ask? Because the offense wasn't scoring, at least not for its own team. One sustained drive instead of TWO first half picks would've changed the complexion of the whole game. Maybe they still lose in a shoot out, but at least GB would've kept in their defensive starters.

If you don't know by now that the NFL is ALL about the QB, perhaps you should shut your hole instead of calling
complete strangers names on the internet, tough guy.

khiladi

Reaction score
SB windows are short. Quinn has two years where his defense played ELITE in the play-offs, but Dak, as usual, sucked against zone. So the inevitable game where Dak had to go toe to toe with the opposing QB came, this time a first-year starter, and he was out there as usual throwing picks..

It’s also worthy to note, Dak said very clearly they didn’t change at the offense and were going with what was successful. Pretty obvious teams caught on at the end of the year for this gimmicky offense.

Let’s also ignore how Goff outplayed Dak in the playoffs and it was his coach who blew the championship game. The same guy Dakazoids claim is not even close to Dak.. If Dak is elite, what about Goff?