Dan Quinn to be Commanders new HC per Schefter

silvernblu

Reaction score
Only franchise with worse decisions than Cowboys

Strong DC failed as Head Coach. What to do, what to do?

Oh I know. Hire a strong DC that failed as a head coach!

quickccc

Reaction score
That is the 25,000 question, along with MM accepting him on the staff?
Won'tWouldn't be up to McCarthy "accepting' Belichek as DC,.. he's a lame duck/AMC walking dead HC who management would target
and place Belichek if all were possible

But i just couldn't Belichek just serving as mere DC instead of actual HC.- not for a legendary future Hall of Fame HC that was the biggest dynasty in NFL history.

That's like asking Tuna Bill Parcells to come in as mere DC.

Big D

Reaction score
So now we can look forward to running for 200 yards against Washington twice a year.

This is addition by subtraction for the cowboys
Exactly what I was thinking if we can improve our run game, defense and offense, it simultaneously takes care of the eagles and the commanders.

Blue&Silver

Reaction score
Part of it may have been a talent problem, but Quinn’s schemes played a massive role in the run defense deficiencies. He’d routinely have undersized guys on the front 7 and would also line up in exotic fronts on obvious run downs. Those tendencies are a recipe for disaster
I happen to like Quinn. I think it's going to be a real problem trying to replace him, and get the same quality out of our defense at least in the next year or 2. I wished he stayed, but when you're successful, and can get a team to the playoffs you're going to be in demand.

Mcsports

Reaction score
And the three 12 wins lead to a 1-3 playoff record. Same level of success in the postseason as the Clapper.

I know the real issue is above the coaches and players. But it's not like either Dak or Quinn have shown they are an x-factor in the playoffs. The sole win in the postseason was against AARP Brady and bucs team limping in the postseason.

Cool, can beatdown and pad stats vs the Skins and Giants. Turnovers galore vs the Howells/Jones-Mobster QB's in the division.

I'm all for some bad seasons if they can't get over this division round hump for a rebuild.
2020 was a mulligan. But the last 3 years have shown that this team is still a regular season team.
Nailed it perfectly.

CowboysFanLover

Reaction score
Maybe he just wasn’t ready at the time. But there are a lot of people who would disagree with you. I don’t mean fans. Former players and coaches have spoken very highly of Morris. So there is a chance he has really grown into what was needed to run a team as the head guy.
Was not ready at the time? He had chances with the Buccaneers and Falcons and he is just not head coach material with a record of 21 wins and 38 losses

DandyDon52

Reaction score
This thread is full of people saying adios, about time,
yeah they have forgot about us having a horrible defense for so long!
Dan turned it around, gave us a good but not perfect defense.
Cowboys will have to earn any wins now with wash. I think dan will want to beat dallas over all other teams.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
So I'm just gonna ask it...

How do we feel about the 3-4?

Just off the top of my head

RDE: Osa Odighizuwa
NT: Jonathan Hankins
LDE: Mazi Smith
ROLB: Micah Parsons
RILB: DeMarvion Overshown
LILB: Damone Clark
LOLB: Sam Williams

Not saying we don't need a d-lineman and a LB for this to work, but we need that now and we might get better results from Parsons

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
This thread is full of people saying adios, about time, etc... but its strange that going into year 9 they have continued patience for low iq QB play in the playoffs.
99% of this board wants Dak gone, nobody wants to pay him $60 million.........................but his contract makes it almost impossible to move on from him this year.

That is why Jerry was talking up Dak at the Senior Bowl, he knows he cant get rid of Dak this year.

So we are stuck with Dak, that was not the case with Quinn.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Much of this fanbase wants the two biggest reasons for our three straight 12 win seasons (The turnover margin created by Dan Quinn and Dak Prescott) gone. This fanbase is full of abject morons.
I noticed you didnt mention their playoff records.........................12 win seasons and getting beat repeatedly in the first round of the playoffs is not what I call success.

But maybe that is just me.:rolleyes: