Dan Quinn wears Doomsday Defense shirt

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I've seen coaches with SB t-shirts on at practice and they weren't even on the team when they won it.

It's a positive reinforcement and a reminder to the players of their franchise's history and aspirations.

It's no different than the PIT DC wearing a Steel Curtain t or the MIN DC a Purple People Eaters or the NYJ's DC a Gang Green. This is not who you are but who I want you to be. This is how your team was once known.

ESisback

Reaction score
'Diehardblues' In my opinion, Quinn wearing that T-Shirt was not an "annointing" - but a tatic to get the younger players to recognize what
were the greatness and legacy of Cowboys Defenses back then ...
contributing to the successes equal to the offense's stars.
It will take them performing at the best ala those 1970's squads - and those in the 1990's to to help bring in a 6th NFL Title.
I think the old time players would be honored by Quinn anointing them as the goal, the measuring stick. But I also think SOME of the old time fans are hypersensitive about legacy—the nostalgia is kinda blurred.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
I get it. It just comes off like he’s trying to promote this defense as Doomsday which is probably a motivation factor but it also comes off like he’s anointing his defense a little premature.

For us old timers Doomsday means something . It represents Championship caliber which we haven’t established. It’s not just another coined phrase like Americas Team. It represents greatness which again we haven’t achieved yet.

And I hope we don’t adopt hotboyz which sounds a little gay to me for a football phrase , not that there’s anything wrong with that.
I totally agree with you.
I hated the hotboyz name.
But we cant know what dans doing with that shirt, and he hasnt said it to media , so he isnt trying to say that to public.

Keep in mind back in the day, no FA, so once you got a good player a team just could keep him as long as they want.
Dallas got some good ones , so they had a good dl, and same is true for the other def players.

Now days it is way harder to compile a group of good players, and if you do , it may just be for 1-3 years.

rambo2

Reaction score
I totally agree with you.
I hated the hotboyz name.
But we cant know what dans doing with that shirt, and he hasnt said it to media , so he isnt trying to say that to public.

Keep in mind back in the day, no FA, so once you got a good player a team just could keep him as long as they want.
Dallas got some good ones , so they had a good dl, and same is true for the other def players.

Now days it is way harder to compile a group of good players, and if you do , it may just be for 1-3 years.
He is wearing the shirt because he likes the shirt.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Maybe we just go ahead and have the parade in June

T0FjwD8.jpg
Who pissed in your Post Toasties! Today?
Lol!

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
Quit riding the coat tails of guys who did it.

Make ur own way. Maybe Lamb can start wearing "The Playmaker" t-shirts

Lame.

ESisback

Reaction score
But it’s intended to send a message to more than the players . I’d be ok with it if only the team or players saw it.
It is? How do YOU know? Based on everything we know about Quinn says it was A)motivating our players by setting the bar so high. B)Honoring our past greatness.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Would you rather see MM wear a Tom Landry shirt, or a Jason Garrett shirt? Oh, wait, Dave Campo shirt.
:muttley:

I think it is great. Paying respect to the great past defenses, as well kind of a subliminal message to the defense now. However, do the players even know what that defense was, as well as the players on those teams.
I am sure they know some history behind it.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
It is? How do YOU know? Based on everything we know about Quinn says it was A)motivating our players by setting the bar so high. B)Honoring our past greatness.
That’s just my take when seeing the pic. And his intentions may have been honorable .

My thought was it came off as promoting a defense which many are wanting to anoint as Doomsday.

I’m always suspect with this organization over hyping their product based on everything we know.