Dan Quinn wears Doomsday Defense shirt

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Or he’s pandering to his boss to sell merchandise. That’s my take !
I have been critical of Jerry Jones' narcissism for a long time but I find it a stretch thinking he manipulated what Quinn wore to simply boost apparel sales. I mean. Practically all teams in every professional sport wear their team apparel during practice, games, socially, etc. Why would this particular instance be an exception?

GMO415

Reaction score
Iggles HC wore Beat Dallas shirt and got curb stomped. Shirts don't mean

Diehardblues

Reaction score
It's not an opinion, you're insinuating that the coach already believes that this is a doomsday D. You think defenders of the past would be upset with this? Most of them are fans just like us, but still have access to Jerry. lol And I'm sure they are also aware that this D is not there yet. Doesn't mean the coach can't wear the shirt.
Sorry, but that’s my take . I don’t like it.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I think it’s disrespectful to our former Doomsday Defenses who I don’t recall them wearing a T-shirt before they were anointed.
May be reading too much into this. There's no indication that he's calling this defense a Doomsday Defense. It's likely a homage to the Cowboys' history meant to motivate his unit. Now, if he was wearing Doomsday Defense IV, that would be different.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I have been critical of Jerry Jones' narcissism for a long time but I find it a stretch thinking he manipulated what Quinn wore to simply boost apparel sales. I mean. Practically all teams in every professional sport wear their team apparel during practice, games, socially, etc. Why would this particular instance be an exception?
Sorry, that’s my take . Have a great day!

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Who besides the players need that message. I'm sure it wasn't meant to cause a stir or be disrespectful in anyway to great defenses of the past. We are all well aware that they are not there.
There could be some homers who think they are already there or will be there this year. And let’s hope they become that but it’s too early to anoint . Which is my take on this. Y’all need to really get over it and move on. Sorry..

DandyDon52

Reaction score
I think it’s disrespectful to our former Doomsday Defenses who I don’t recall them wearing a T-shirt before they were anointed.
well the Doomsday Defenses were so long ago, the cowboy players were not alive to see them so dont know much about them.
The 90's defense was as good or better, but had no "name" they just played , all walk , no talk.
Players today probably want their own name, lol , something like hot boyz, just a new generation, doomsday is a thing of the past..

Diehardblues

Reaction score
May be reading too much into this. There's no indication that he's calling this defense a Doomsday Defense. It's likely a homage to the Cowboys' history meant to motivate his unit. Now, if he was wearing Doomsday Defense IV, that would be different.
That’s my take on it. I wouldn’t have a problem with a fan wearing it. But for this DC it comes off presumptuous to me .

Diehardblues

Reaction score
well the Doomsday Defenses were so long ago, the cowboy players were not alive to see them so dont know much about them.
The 90's defense was as good or better, but had no "name" they just played , all walk , no talk.
Players today probably want their own name, lol , something like hot boyz, just a new generation, doomsday is a thing of the past..
I get it. It just comes off like he’s trying to promote this defense as Doomsday which is probably a motivation factor but it also comes off like he’s anointing his defense a little premature.

For us old timers Doomsday means something . It represents Championship caliber which we haven’t established. It’s not just another coined phrase like Americas Team. It represents greatness which again we haven’t achieved yet.

And I hope we don’t adopt hotboyz which sounds a little gay to me for a football phrase , not that there’s anything wrong with that.

rambo2

Reaction score
My take is that I love it! I like it. I love it. I want some more of it.

Motorola

Reaction score
I get it. Players don’t usually wear tshirts in practice . But it just feels like it’s anointing this defense early. That was my initial impression .
'Diehardblues' In my opinion, Quinn wearing that T-Shirt was not an "annointing" - but a tatic to get the younger players to recognize what
were the greatness and legacy of Cowboys Defenses back then ...
contributing to the successes equal to the offense's stars.
It will take them performing at the best ala those 1970's squads - and those in the 1990's to to help bring in a 6th NFL Title.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
'Diehardblues' In my opinion, Quinn wearing that T-Shirt was not an "annointing" - but a tatic to get the younger players to recognize what
were the greatness and legacy of Cowboys Defenses back then ...
contributing to the successes equal to the offense's stars.
It will take them performing at the best ala those 1970's squads - and those in the 1990's to to help bring in a 6th NFL Title.
I get it. I hope you’re right . It just struck me wrong.