Dan Quinn wears Doomsday Defense shirt

Big_D

Reaction score
I think it’s disrespectful to our former Doomsday Defenses who I don’t recall them wearing a T-shirt before they were anointed.

LOL no one is anointing them.. the shirt is just a shirt. If a coach wore that in 90 or 91 you would say the same thing. They didn't earn it. Just motivation to do so.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
LOL no one is anointing them.. the shirt is just a shirt. If a coach wore that in 90 or 91 you would say the same thing. They didn't earn it. Just motivation to do so.
But they didn’t . And if they had I would have called out and criticized.

Big_D

Reaction score
But it’s intended to send a message to more than the players . I’d be ok with it if only the team or players saw it.

Who besides the players need that message. I'm sure it wasn't meant to cause a stir or be disrespectful in anyway to great defenses of the past. We are all well aware that they are not there.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

giphy.gif

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Sure they would. No idea why you find it offensive.
I didnt say offensive . I think it’s disrespectful to our former Doomsday Defenses.

I don’t have a problem if our coach wants to motivate the players but Id keep it from public scrutiny. It comes off a little bravado IMO.

Big_D

Reaction score
So, if it doesn’t feel right or I have critical thoughts I should refrain from participating?

You're the one making more out of it then it actually is. A coach wearing a throwback shirt is somehow disrespectful. Hate to see a D with any bravado, we certainly don't want that.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
You're the one making more out of it then it actually is. A coach wearing a throwback shirt is somehow disrespectful. Hate to see a D with any bravado, we certainly don't want that.
That’s your opinion. Hopefully I’m entitled to mine .

I’m all for bravado without anointing this defense too soon. That looks like our frikin owner is simply trying to sell merchandise.

Big_D

Reaction score
That’s your opinion. Hopefully I’m entitled to mine .
It's not an opinion, you're insinuating that the coach already believes that this is a doomsday D. You think defenders of the past would be upset with this? Most of them are fans just like us, but still have access to Jerry. lol And I'm sure they are also aware that this D is not there yet. Doesn't mean the coach can't wear the shirt.

Motorola

Reaction score

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
I didnt say offensive . I think it’s disrespectful to our former Doomsday Defenses.

I don’t have a problem if our coach wants to motivate the players but Id keep it from public scrutiny. It comes off a little bravado IMO.
They kind of go hand in hand and I was not quoting you or putting words in your mouth. So generally speaking, how would you find something disrespectful if you did not in someway find it offensive?

Did you consider Dan being a defensive guy has a huge appreciation for the Doomsday defense?

LOL with bravado?? Seriously? You get that from that specific picture of Dan talking to players.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
They kind of go hand in hand and I was not quoting you or putting words in your mouth. So generally speaking, how would you find something disrespectful if you did not in someway find it offensive?

Did you consider Dan being a defensive guy has a huge appreciation for the Doomsday defense?

LOL with bravado?? Seriously? You get that from that specific picture of Dan talking to players.
No, I just feel it’s wanting to anoint his defense before it’s proven . Or he’s pandering to his boss to sell merchandise . That’s my take !

Diehardblues

Reaction score
For crying out loud --- it's the defensive coordinator that is wearing the t-shirt -- not the players.
I get it. Players don’t usually wear tshirts in practice . But it just feels like it’s anointing this defense early. That was my initial impression .