Dan Snyder's next move

burmafrd

Reaction score
Now I freely admit that the TO signing is a gamble- BUT in the first year at least it should work quite well. And that is the year coming up: and I can tell that the Skins are now VERY worried. They would not be hear blowing so much if they weren't.

Reaction score
skinsngibbs4life said:
is that all that you can say? that we are over here because we are "scared"?
You can't deny the fact that you all were worried about the o-line heading into the offseason. I have seen numerous people on here complain about needing an upgrade over Al Johnson(which didnt happen) and at RT with Petitti( which i guess you could say kind of happened). I dont know if this guy you signed is going to start this year, but if he isnt, its a lot to expect out of a 2nd year player to go out and improve that much. Add in the fact that Larry Allen has been suffering nagging injuries for two straight years now, and you are one injury away from being right where you were at the end of last year.

I'm guessing you are referring to Fabini who we signed today, and just because he didn't get a $15 million signing bonus, doesnt mean he cant be and effective player. Also we are likely cutting ties with Allen.

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score
Grim21Reaper said:
Glover is much more disruptive than Ferguson. I have never been a big fan of the 3-4.

No offense but your comments on our defense are simply not accurate. Our defense is young, talented and about to be dominant with a few more additions. This nucleus should be solid for years to come as well because
most of our players are young. The defense is a huge strenth not a weakness of our team.

Further, it appears you no very little about the 3-4 defense with your comments on LB, Glover as a better player in a 3-4 ecttt. I would have expected you would have made a weakness reference on our offense
save TO but definitely not on our defense. Our defense is going to wreak
havoc on the NFL this year as the young players are developing and the
finishing touches are being addressed in FA and the draft.

Grim21Reaper

Reaction score
Billy Bullocks said:
Yes, Glover is more disruptive, as a 3tech tackle. He doesn't draw double teams, like a 3-4 NT should.

And Im so glad that we have Parcells coaching instead of you, and since this is the case, you're personal preference of the defense means nothing. Look at the last SB winners...Pats and Steelers, 4 out of 5 SBs, both run the 3-4..

Why is it that everytime somebody mentions a WR to you guys, all you hear about is how Taylor and his new homeboy are going to take that persons head off. It's such a bland Skins response to everything.

And I don't think anyone compared Jones to Portis anywhere in this thread either.

Again, I don't see how Steelers and Pats comparisons have any merit. The Boys are lightyears away from those teams. That means LB's or safeties are going to have to stop the pulling guard. Didn't work too well last year.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
skinsngibbs4life said:
is that all that you can say? that we are over here because we are "scared"?
You can't deny the fact that you all were worried about the o-line heading into the offseason. I have seen numerous people on here complain about needing an upgrade over Al Johnson(which didnt happen) and at RT with Petitti( which i guess you could say kind of happened). I dont know if this guy you signed is going to start this year, but if he isnt, its a lot to expect out of a 2nd year player to go out and improve that much. Add in the fact that Larry Allen has been suffering nagging injuries for two straight years now, and you are one injury away from being right where you were at the end of last year.

Actually, the Boyz have a draft coming up...with draft picks! The Cowboys have depth...you Redstinks don't!

If anyone on our teams go down...it's going to be your team that suffers!

:laugh2:

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
Grim21Reaper said:
Again, I don't see how Steelers and Pats comparisons have any merit. The Boys are lightyears away from those teams. That means LB's or safeties are going to have to stop the pulling guard. Didn't work too well last year.

I don't see how Steelers and Pats comparisons have any merit. The Boys are lightyears away from those teams.

And the Skins?

superpunk

Reaction score
Grim21Reaper said:
I don't know. The Commanders pre-Gibbs part deax showed that defenses built around the LB's aren't great. I think it all starts up front and Glover could stop the run and pressure the QB.

We run the 3-4. By it's very nature you HAVE to build around LBs.

Grim21Reaper

Reaction score
CowboysNumeroUno said:
I'm guessing you are referring to Fabini who we signed today, and just because he didn't get a $15 million signing bonus, doesnt mean he cant be and effective player. Also we are likely cutting ties with Allen.

I cannot put into words how happy I would be if you guys lost Allen.

A few years ago Madden was talking about two current (at the time) players in the NFL who were the all time best at their position. The first was Jerry Rice. The second was Larry Allen.

The Star will lose some of its gleam when he is gone. Larry Allen was incredible.

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score
Grim21Reaper said:

You do realize Dallas was ranked right there with the skins in overall defense do you not? :lmao2:

Billy Bullocks

Reaction score
Grim21Reaper said:

You should work on reading comprehension. Nowhere did I say the Cowboys defense is what those defenses were. I just simply stated that regardless of your personal preferene in defenses, the facts remain that of the last 5 SB's, 4 times the winner ran a predominantly 3-4.

Grim21Reaper

Reaction score
ROYDESTROY said:
You do realize Dallas was ranked right there with the skins in overall defense do you not? :lmao2:

I am sorry. I can't get the game at Fed-Ex out of my mind. I did see one excellent defense that day.

Grim21Reaper

Reaction score
Billy Bullocks said:
You should work on reading comprehension. Nowhere did I say the Cowboys defense is what those defenses were. I just simply stated that regardless of your personal preferene in defenses, the facts remain that of the last 5 SB's, 4 times the winner ran a predominantly 3-4.

Then who cares if they are running the same defense as the elite teams. Why don't you say that they don't need Glover because they run the poor man's 3-4. Then we would all be on the same page!

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score
Grim21Reaper said:
I am sorry. I can't get the game at Fed-Ex out of my mind. I did see one excellent defense that day.

I cannot seem to get the 14 wins out of 17 :lmao2::lmao::laugh2:

We own you guys....kinda funny really Gibbs would embarrass himself with this comment:

"It was one of the greatest moments in sports for me," Gibbs said.

We hope you enjoyed your SB with Gibbs last year :laugh1: :laugh2: :lmao2:

Since 14 losses and 3 wins makes you happy. :laugh1: :laugh2: :lmao:

superpunk

Reaction score
skinsngibbs4life said:
Glenn had what, 1200 yards recieving last year? With T.O. as your number 1, tell, where are all of those yards going to come from?

If Glenn has a career next year, it will come at the expense of TO being kicked off the team from arguing with parcells about not getting the ball enough.

Keyshawn caught 71 balls last year. If you look at TOs yearly totals, that's what he gets alot of the time, save for a couple years in the WCO in SF. Contrary to popular belief, it doesn't have to be one way or another.:)

Grim21Reaper

Reaction score
ROYDESTROY said:

We own you guys....kinda funny really Gibbs would embarrass himself with this comment:

The 2-0 in NFC championship games always brought a smile to my face but I may get kicked off for bringing those up...

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
ROYDESTROY said:

ROYDESTROY....you have earned THREE SILVER STARS!

:star: :star: :star:

superpunk

Reaction score
Grim21Reaper said:
Then who cares if they are running the same defense as the elite teams. Why don't you say that they don't need Glover because they run the poor man's 3-4. Then we would all be on the same page!

It was their first year running it, Norman. :) And the scoring defense rose from 27th to 12th. I'd say another year, and more fitting personnel should provide more improvement.