Danica Patrick takes historic pole position for Daytona 500

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
This thread will speak for itself. People aren't stupid. Posters see exactly what's going on here.

I'm content to see how the season works out.

jimmy40

Reaction score
Risen Star;5019025 said:
Your Danica report this week....

33rd, 6 laps down. 30th in points.
she said Vegas is one of her best tracks.

WPBCowboysFan

Reaction score
Risen Star;5019025 said:
Your Danica report this week....

33rd, 6 laps down. 30th in points.

jimmy40;5019078 said:
she said Vegas is one of her best tracks.

Why u guys hatin on her? :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2:

I was out of town today and missed the race. What was her highest position in today's race? Did she ever look like a contender? Just simple bad luck today? :D

CowboyDan

Anger is a Gift
Reaction score
Daytona..........Finished 5th
Phoenix...........Finished 40th
Las Vegas........Finished 38th

Your Ryan Newman report for 2013. Who's Ryan Newman you ask?? Danica's teammate........a veteran driver who's very talented. I'd say there's more issues at Stewart-Haas racing right now then just a girl behind the wheel of a racecar. :rolleyes:

WPBCowboysFan

Reaction score
CowboyDan;5019832 said:

Your Ryan Newman report for 2013. Who's Ryan Newman you ask?? Danica's teammate........a veteran driver who's very talented. I'd say there's more issues at Stewart-Haas racing right now then just a girl behind the wheel of a racecar. :rolleyes:

So Super Danica would fare better on another team? She had a team that put together a pole winning car for Daytona, but the team is the issue?

Where did Tony finish?

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
CowboyDan;5019832 said:

Okay. From here on out I'll update Newman and Stewart with Danica.

CowboyDan

Anger is a Gift
Reaction score
WPBCowboysFan;5019953 said:
So Super Danica would fare better on another team? She had a team that put together a pole winning car for Daytona, but the team is the issue?

Where did Tony finish?

Absolutely possible. Depends on what team.

Your next two statements aren't helping your argument. You do understand the difference between qualifying and a 500 mile race right? You understand the difference in the car setup for those two completely different events, right? You understand the 198 lap difference and the fact that 41 other cars are out there with you during the race as well, right? And comparing Danica to Tony Stewart, who is the #1 driver on the team and one of the best drivers of anything with 4 wheels on it in history, is a ridiculous comparison.

Here's a little insider tip for you though..............Danica's biggest weakness right now is that she doesn't know how to really help her crew chief fix the car mid-race. She has a hard time helping him understand what the car is doing and what it needs to make it better. That will come with time and experience, though, so you won't be able to rely on that weakness for much more than her first year.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm not consumed with anything. I consider myself pro-Danica. Because I think she has talent. I just know she is woefully in over her head. You do not learn how to drive stock cars against the best the sport has to offer. She shouldn't be in that series. She should be in ARCA and a part time Nationwide schedule right now.

CowboyDan

Anger is a Gift
Reaction score
Risen Star;5020217 said:
I'm not consumed with anything. I consider myself pro-Danica. Because I think she has talent. I just know she is woefully in over her head. You do not learn how to drive stock cars against the best the sport has to offer. She shouldn't be in that series. She should be in ARCA and a part time Nationwide schedule right now.

She has yet to display any signs of being "woefully in over her head."

burmafrd

Reaction score
WPBCowboysFan;5020336 said:
If only she had a better team . . . . . . . . . . . . . :lmao2:

you do realize people are laughing AT YOU not with you, right?

CowboyDan

Anger is a Gift
Reaction score
burmafrd;5020345 said:
you do realize people are laughing AT YOU not with you, right?

The conversation is so far over his head, he needs a stepstool.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I think what we will see from Patrick this year, and this is just a guess, is that she will do much better at Super Speedways then she will on short tracks. The Super Speedways are probably better suited to her current experience, coming from Cart/Indy. I will say that Patrick has been racing in the NASCAR Nation Wide Series and ARCA since 2010, up until she joined the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series in November of 2012.

Honestly, I don't really understand the reasoning behind more Nation Wide Series stuff. I mean, she is an accomplished driver. It's not NASCAR but it is IRL and to be honest, that series is more sophisticated IMO, in so far as the racing. It's a different kind of racing, no question about that but open wheel racing cars race wheel to wheel much more then NASCAR does and it is very competitive and highly skilled.

IMO, NASCAR needs Patrick more then Patrick needs NASCAR. She is going to bring a lot more viewers to the series. If this were Basketball or Football or Baseball or Golf or Tennis, we wouldn't be having this conversation. Players who are not fully developed come into those sports professionally all the time and get paid a lot of money to do it. She's not going to get better in a lessor series IMO. She's going to get better driving against top comp. and learning how the drivers in this series drive.

That's just my opinion.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
ABQCOWBOY;5020582 said:
I think what we will see from Patrick this year, and this is just a guess, is that she will do much better at Super Speedways then she will on short tracks. The Super Speedways are probably better suited to her current experience, coming from Cart/Indy. I will say that Patrick has been racing in the NASCAR Nation Wide Series and ARCA since 2010, up until she joined the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series in November of 2012.

Honestly, I don't really understand the reasoning behind more Nation Wide Series stuff. I mean, she is an accomplished driver. It's not NASCAR but it is IRL and to be honest, that series is more sophisticated IMO, in so far as the racing. It's a different kind of racing, no question about that but open wheel racing cars race wheel to wheel much more then NASCAR does and it is very competitive and highly skilled.

IMO, NASCAR needs Patrick more then Patrick needs NASCAR. She is going to bring a lot more viewers to the series. If this were Basketball or Football or Baseball or Golf or Tennis, we wouldn't be having this conversation. Players who are not fully developed come into those sports professionally all the time and get paid a lot of money to do it. She's not going to get better in a lessor series IMO. She's going to get better driving against top comp. and learning how the drivers in this series drive.

That's just my opinion.

I think she'll do better anywhere that doesn't rely on a driver having to drive their car. Meaning the plate races.

She may have a decent top 25 run here or there but for the most part she will be an also ran field filler. Her performance last week was embarrassing. 6 laps down not do to any issue with the car but her own inability to drive it.

I don't even know what to say about the rest. Racing open wheel cars is nothing like stock cars. If you want to succeed in Cup as an open wheel driver you are far more likely to have success developing in a lower series. Her 2012 Nationwide season certainly didn't earn her a Cup ride. Her gender did.

Not sure why Nascar needs Patrick. If she was such a star you would have seen that reflected in the ratings when she was driving IRL. Instead you saw Nascar routinely squashing them in total viewers. It's not even close. The only indy car race that gets ratings is the Indy 500 and that has nothing to do with her. I'd say it's Patrick that needs Nascar. This is the racing people in this country care about.

I'm in the middle on this issue. There are those who simply do not want females in the sport. But then there are those who want to overrate and crown any female willing to try. I prefer accepting females but making them earn what they get like any other driver. As much as I think Danica does have some talent, she sure as bleep has been handed opportunities far greater than any results she's ever had on the track and that's simply because she is a female.

The fact she's in Cup right now is a joke to me. She belongs in a lower series paying her dues and getting the experience she needs to run competitively with the Cup drivers. It's not a sexist stance at all. Chase Elliott, son of my all time favorite Bill Elliott, is about to run some ARCA and Truck this year. If the plan was to immediately throw him into the Cup series I'd be saying the same things about Chase as I am Danica. He's not ready. He hasn't earned it. He'd be woefully in over his head. And Chase actually has some Late Model experience to help him transition to Nascar.