Daniel Jeremiah how to build elite roster

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Im talking about making the playoffs year in and year out and actually winning in the playoffs. How many playoff games did Dak win in 16 ? That's my point. You need a great pocket passer and great coaching to do it. example the Patriots. History proves my point.
The fact you're blaming Dak for that lost in the playoffs tell me all I need to know about you. Go look at Daks stats in that playoff game and then try again...... Hint, Daks arm was the only reason we came back in that game

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
They said Dallas is supposedly not far off but then proceed to reveal they only actually check off on one of the five categories :huh:

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
I think they forgot the most important thing though...How about a coach that actually understands the game? And is not just a puppet for the owner..:rolleyes:

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
I think Dak’s ceiling is in the top-8 neighborhood if you protect him better than most QBs need to be protected. He takes great care of the ball and can beat you running. He’s capable of beating teams with his arm if he’s not rattled. Plus, he’s clutch.

He gets rattled though, and falls apart quicker than most.
LOL

Mr Cowboy

Reaction score
So Daniel Jeremiah and Bucky Brooks (two nfl analyst I actually respect) did a podcast today on how to build a championship caliber roster. They broke the list down into 5 different categories. Bucky did mention that the Cowboys may be closer than most think. They both mentioned the Rams as the team that probably has it all. Anyways here is their 5 keys to building an elite roster:

1. QB - I think it’s self explanatory. They mentioned how Dak is iffy sometimes he looks like the guy, sometimes he isn’t. The jury is still out.

2. Two very good pash rushers. They both said Lawrence definitely fits. Daniel said they need another elite pass rusher. While Bucky said Gregory or Irving both have that ability if they get their stuff together.

3. 3 playmakers on offense who can score on any play. They both mentioned Zeke and Cooper fitting that bill. They mentioned Beasley but said he’s only a role player. Daniel said an elite TE could put this offense on another level.

4. 3 playmakers on defense besides the two very good pass rushers. They were both confident we had this down with LVE, Jones, and jaylon. That without mentioning a healthy lee would give us 4.

5. 3 very good to elite OL. They said we definitely have that with Smith, Martin , and a healthy Frederick. Said we’re in much better shape then most teams in that area.

Finished by saying your team needs at least 12 blue chip players to really compete for a championship. Just an interesting podcast thought I’d share.
You can have all that, but without an upper echelon to elite coach and coaching staff, it's all for naught! We are definite lacking in this area.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
That’s a ceiling if 75th percentile. For a guy whose already demonstrated once he can play at that level.

You understand what’s meant by “ceiling”, right?
Top 8 in a league where these QBs are starters:

Brees
Mahomes
Goff
Rodgers
Brady
Wilson
Luck
Ryan
Wentz
Ben
Rivers

Hes nowhere close to any of these guys.

Oh ans RG3 played at a “top 8 level” for one year too

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Brees
Mahomes
Goff
Rodgers
Brady
Wilson
Luck
Ryan
Wentz
Ben
Rivers

Again: ceiling.

For context, he’s 18th overall in terms of cumulative rating since he entered the league among actual starting QBs (no injury spot-starters with small
samples). That includes any player for any team who was a legitimate starter during those three seasons. In his best year he was third in terms of rating in terms of full time starters.

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score
I think Dak’s ceiling is in the top-8 neighborhood if you protect him better than most QBs need to be protected. He takes great care of the ball and can beat you running. He’s capable of beating teams with his arm if he’s not rattled. Plus, he’s clutch.

The only question remains...do you love his mouth? ...LOL.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
So Daniel Jeremiah and Bucky Brooks (two nfl analyst I actually respect) did a podcast today on how to build a championship caliber roster.

That's more the core content of the roster rather than how to build it.

The problem is that the roster isn't enough. And the roster doesn't spring fully formed from the draft either.

You need coaches to take you to a championship. You need coaches to develop those players that make up that roster. Coaching matters.

waving monkey

Reaction score
Dak will never be a top 15 guy he is not the pocket passer the NFL game demands. A great TE would help. To win with Dak consistently you need a top five defense with shut down corners and elite pass rushers a great run game then you pray a guy like Brees doesn't put you in shootout anyway. In todays NFL its hard to hold a defense together look at the Seahawks. How long did they hold that great defense together 2-3 years ? You need a great pocket passer year in and year out to consistently play at a high level in this league that slants everything rules ect to the passing game.
Dak Prescott, Cowboys 15 Ranking

No matter how one measures Prescott’s play last season, there’s no doubt he went through a sophomore slump. Losing Ezekiel Elliott for six games and seeing Tyron Smith get hurt were considerable blows, but Prescott also got limited passing-game help to overcome those obstacles. The big receiving changes around him will be beneficial.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/dal/2014_roster.htm

waving monkey

Reaction score

Brees
Mahomes
Goff
Rodgers
Brady
Wilson
Luck
Ryan
Wentz
Ben
Rivers

Dak is around 15th now. notice all the QB are old except [Wince,Goff and Mahones.] Those three he'll never be as good as.but 8th in the league is very realistic.

iRepDatStar

Reaction score
We had Romo..... Failed

Goff and Mahomes have no success in the playoffs either

7 out of our 10 games we've held the opponent to under 20 points.. when Romo was here I'm not sure the defense had that high of a percdntage. The defense is the strength of this team.. when Romo was here the offense was the strength

Romotil45

Reaction score
The fact you're blaming Dak for that lost in the playoffs tell me all I need to know about you. Go look at Daks stats in that playoff game and then try again...... Hint, Daks arm was the only reason we came back in that game

The fact that you twisted my words tells me all I need to know about you. I never blamed Dak for loosing but never the less he did loose against a decimated secondary due to injury. Unless you win you loose Im not blaming Dak Im simply pointing out we lost. Rewatch the Rams Chiefs game and tell me can Dak make the throws Goff and Mahomes make ? That's my point he cant make those throws.

baltcowboy

Reaction score

Oh my goodness. A actual none bias analysis of Dak. I thought I would never see that on this board.