Daniel Jeremiah how to build elite roster

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
Put down the agenda, check the data.

I never suggested he wins every time in those situations. That’s not what “clutch”means.
Yes the data. This is what the data says:

Dak Prescott:

When the game is tied and there is under 4 mins to go: 5 for 12 42% completion 0 TD 63 rating

When the game is tied and there is under 2 mins to go: 4 for 11 36% completion 0 TD 49 rating

When the Cowboys are trailing and there is under 4 mins to go: 39 for 82 48% completion 1 Td 2 INT 57 rating

When the Cowboys are trailing and there is under 2 mins to go: 17 for 44 38% completion 0 TD 1 INT 44 rating

Clutch

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Not all of them fit that description. But Dak does. Even in his most jittery games I’d still trust him on a final drive with the ball in his hands. He might not have led another decent scoring drive all night, but he’ll get the team in position to score.

See the last WAS game for reference.

To your point I think it suits Dak better to run the hurry up style offense where he doesn't read defenses and hold the ball just snap and shoot quickly. But counter point he was terrible at the end of carolina game down by 8 and terrible in OT vs texans this year.

Looking back at our 5 losses:
0 td's vs carolina
1 3yard td in week 3
1 3rd td week 5 vs houston, punt in OT
wk 7 vs wash was the only game he had 2 td, 1 pass of 49 yards and a 1yard run td.

That's not a recipe for winning close games.

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Hate to tell you this but Daks numbers would look better if you switch the QBs. Mahomes would still be in a Garrett offense which is a run first offense. By the way I'm not trying to debate if Dak is better than Mahomes but you fools think that having sat on the bench a year, having Reid and all those play makers doesn't help his numbers.
First off, drop the name calling if you want to discuss anything with me. I'm not impressed by some dude running his mouth on a msg board. If you want to argue a point do it by arguing the point. To quote Socrates: "When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser.” So keep that in mind. Moving on....

Secondly, the Chiefs have one of the best RB's in the league and he has 10 fewer carries on the year than Zeke, so that argument about a "run first" offense compared to us doesn't hold any water. Mahomes also isn't even in the top 10 of QB's when it comes to pass attempts per game. He averages about 5 more attempts per game than Dak. He's just a lot more efficient and effective with his throws, averaging 2.3 more yards per attempt and 3.7 more per completion at a 4% higher rate.

If you want to make that all about Hill and Kelce, you may have a point. Let's say, just for the sake of fantastical hypothetical conversation that Dak was in KC. He's currently on pace for about 3400 yards and Mahomes is trending toward 5200. How much better would you see Dak doing there? Keep in mind that Dak currently plays behind the 8th ranked offensive line and struggles under any kind of pressure and Mahomes is behind the 17th ranked line.

Do you think he will develop anticipation of receivers getting open there? Do you think he will stop being one of the worst QB's in the league (30th) at holding the ball too long (2.98 seconds) because he doesn't have aforementioned anticipation of receivers getting open? Will he stop staring down his first read? Will he all of a sudden develop proper throwing mechanics and stop doing that stupid hop-throw? Will he stop feeling pressure that isn't there and running into the actual pressure? I say, if he can do all that, then combine it with those playmakers you mentioned, then yes, he will have better numbers.

Finally, you want to debate that sitting on the bench for a year somehow prepared Mahomes better than actual on the job experience? Look, if Dak had come in and been given the David Carr/Troy Aikman treatment and had his rear end handed to him for 16 games, then you might have a point. Dak came in and was able to gain an entire year of actual game experience operating from the relative safety provided by our offensive line. There is no way to simulate that in practice. There is no way to simulate that in film study.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
First off, drop the name calling if you want to discuss anything with me. I'm not impressed by some dude running his mouth on a msg board. If you want to argue a point do it by arguing the point. To quote Socrates: "When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser.” So keep that in mind. Moving on....

Secondly, the Chiefs have one of the best RB's in the league and he has 10 fewer carries on the year than Zeke, so that argument about a "run first" offense compared to us doesn't hold any water. Mahomes also isn't even in the top 10 of QB's when it comes to pass attempts per game. He averages about 5 more attempts per game than Dak. He's just a lot more efficient and effective with his throws, averaging 2.3 more yards per attempt and 3.7 more per completion at a 4% higher rate.

If you want to make that all about Hill and Kelce, you may have a point. Let's say, just for the sake of fantastical hypothetical conversation that Dak was in KC. He's currently on pace for about 3400 yards and Mahomes is trending toward 5200. How much better would you see Dak doing there? Keep in mind that Dak currently plays behind the 8th ranked offensive line and struggles under any kind of pressure and Mahomes is behind the 17th ranked line.

Do you think he will develop anticipation of receivers getting open there? Do you think he will stop being one of the worst QB's in the league (30th) at holding the ball too long (2.98 seconds) because he doesn't have aforementioned anticipation of receivers getting open? Will he stop staring down his first read? Will he all of a sudden develop proper throwing mechanics and stop doing that stupid hop-throw? Will he stop feeling pressure that isn't there and running into the actual pressure? I say, if he can do all that, then combine it with those playmakers you mentioned, then yes, he will have better numbers.

Finally, you want to debate that sitting on the bench for a year somehow prepared Mahomes better than actual on the job experience? Look, if Dak had come in and been given the David Carr/Troy Aikman treatment and had his rear end handed to him for 16 games, then you might have a point. Dak came in and was able to gain an entire year of actual game experience operating from the relative safety provided by our offensive line. There is no way to simulate that in practice. There is no way to simulate that in film study.
You're right

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Tony had many times we could have won, but threw picks late in the game.

Well that's a completely delusional narrative.

Three losses that we might have won.

Giants: Tony is down to Crayton and Glenn at WR in the second half, and Barber aint doing anything in the second half. Glenn is a guy who never plays in another NFL game. I don't think he was ever even signed again. But Tony gets them in position to win. And throws a winning ball to Crayton, who pulls up on the route and watches the ball fall incomplete. Then throws an INT on 4th down with time running out. This against a defense that beat Rodgers and then previously undefeated Brady in the playoffs. Yeah, what a big fat loser.

Packers: Tony completes his last pass to Dez for the go ahead score, which was incorrectly overturned on replay. 143.6 QB rating without the catch. 150s with it. Yeah. Totally Tony's fault. Totally losing the game on a last

Seattle: Tony had no picks.

So your "many times" was one, where it was Tony who was the only player keeping us in the game and should have had a win based on his own play.

Haters gonna hate.

blueblood70

Reaction score
So Daniel Jeremiah and Bucky Brooks (two nfl analyst I actually respect) did a podcast today on how to build a championship caliber roster. They broke the list down into 5 different categories. Bucky did mention that the Cowboys may be closer than most think. They both mentioned the Rams as the team that probably has it all. Anyways here is their 5 keys to building an elite roster:

1. QB - I think it’s self explanatory. They mentioned how Dak is iffy sometimes he looks like the guy, sometimes he isn’t. The jury is still out.

2. Two very good pash rushers. They both said Lawrence definitely fits. Daniel said they need another elite pass rusher. While Bucky said Gregory or Irving both have that ability if they get their stuff together.

3. 3 playmakers on offense who can score on any play. They both mentioned Zeke and Cooper fitting that bill. They mentioned Beasley but said he’s only a role player. Daniel said an elite TE could put this offense on another level.

4. 3 playmakers on defense besides the two very good pass rushers. They were both confident we had this down with LVE, Jones, and jaylon. That without mentioning a healthy lee would give us 4.

5. 3 very good to elite OL. They said we definitely have that with Smith, Martin , and a healthy Frederick. Said we’re in much better shape then most teams in that area.

Finished by saying your team needs at least 12 blue chip players to really compete for a championship. Just an interesting podcast thought I’d share.
lol sounds about right weve had the talent many times but failed over and over..the one thing they left out

COACHING STAFF thats mainly whats missing and yes add a great TE and Saftey in 2019 with new staff or at least very least a NEW OC with offensive staff..

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
He had Witten and Beasley wide open for the first down but went with the tough catch with Dez. Romo deserves just as much blame as anybody else

More delusion.

Pre snap, Tony is facing an overload on the left, Dez single covered, Witten and Beasley facing 3, makes the right pre snap, completes the pass to the half foot line, only to have the catch incorrectly overturned on replay.

Witten was doubled over the middle as GB LB overloaded on our left drops back into coverage. He's short of the first down, doesn't clear the first defender before Tony throws, and is simply never ever open on the play.

Maybe you can complete the ball to Beasley if you know in advance that GB is going to uncover him with a corner blitz. Pre snap, Beasley is the *most* covered player, with his route running right into double coverage.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Giants: Tony is down to Crayton and Glenn at WR in the second half, and Barber aint doing anything in the second half. Glenn is a guy who never plays in another NFL game. I don't think he was ever even signed again. But Tony gets them in position to win. And throws a winning ball to Crayton, who pulls up on the route and watches the ball fall incomplete. Then throws an INT on 4th down with time running out. This against a defense that beat Rodgers and then previously undefeated Brady in the playoffs. Yeah, what a big fat loser.

Packers: Tony completes his last pass to Dez for the go ahead score, which was incorrectly overturned on replay. 143.6 QB rating without the catch. 150s with it. Yeah. Totally Tony's fault. Totally losing the game on a last

So your "many times" was one, where it was Tony who was the only player keeping us in the game and should have had a win based on his own play.

Haters gonna hate.

Not a hater. Stop your crap.
And yes there were many times.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Haters gonna hate.

And definitely not delusional as you are.

TwentyOne

Reaction score
So Daniel Jeremiah and Bucky Brooks (two nfl analyst I actually respect) did a podcast today on how to build a championship caliber roster. They broke the list down into 5 different categories. Bucky did mention that the Cowboys may be closer than most think. They both mentioned the Rams as the team that probably has it all. Anyways here is their 5 keys to building an elite roster:

1. QB - I think it’s self explanatory. They mentioned how Dak is iffy sometimes he looks like the guy, sometimes he isn’t. The jury is still out.

2. Two very good pash rushers. They both said Lawrence definitely fits. Daniel said they need another elite pass rusher. While Bucky said Gregory or Irving both have that ability if they get their stuff together.

3. 3 playmakers on offense who can score on any play. They both mentioned Zeke and Cooper fitting that bill. They mentioned Beasley but said he’s only a role player. Daniel said an elite TE could put this offense on another level.

4. 3 playmakers on defense besides the two very good pass rushers. They were both confident we had this down with LVE, Jones, and jaylon. That without mentioning a healthy lee would give us 4.

5. 3 very good to elite OL. They said we definitely have that with Smith, Martin , and a healthy Frederick. Said we’re in much better shape then most teams in that area.

Finished by saying your team needs at least 12 blue chip players to really compete for a championship. Just an interesting podcast thought I’d share.

So we need QB and a TE.

Ok. I can.live with that conclusion and i also have the believe we are much closer then some.believe.

conner01

Reaction score
What it takes is not hard to figure out
Getting that many elite players before the cap gets you can be though
You aren’t likely to draft that many stud players in the time you have the first one unless you tank a few years

lostar2009

Reaction score
We had the talent for years. Vanilla and inexperienced coaching has held this team back

L-O-Jete

Reaction score
He isn't a rookie. He sat his first year. So basically redshirted. Other than being technically accurate, why is this relevant in any comparison of the 2 QBs? I mean, it doesn't change the fact that Dak simply isn't on the same level as Mahomes. Anyone here that feels he is should step back and think:

If Mahomes was the QB of the Cowboys and Dak was the QB of the Chiefs, what would my response be if someone suggested this?
Then Dak would be coached by Reid and look like a Pro-Bowl bus driver and Mahomes would be coached by Garrett and look like an amazing talent that plays frightened and unsure...

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Screw you, I am not wrong.
You counted 3 times.

But hey, if it makes you feel better go for it. I,don’t care.

hahahahaha

You're so in the grips of denial, you can't even count the ones I layed out. There were 3 close losses. In only one of them did Tony even throw an INT.

You wuz wrong. Ohhhhhh, so wrong. And you keep beclowning yourself over it instead of admitting you were wrong.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
hahahahaha

You're so in the grips of denial, you can't even count the ones I layed out. There were 3 close losses. In only one of them did Tony even throw an INT.

You wuz wrong. Ohhhhhh, so wrong. And you keep beclowning yourself over it instead of admitting you were wrong.

You are the one on the wrong. Stop wasting my time you fool.
You are an immature idiot. If it makes you feel better about your pathetic life, so be it.
On ignore you go.