Daniel Jeremiah how to build elite roster

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
So Daniel Jeremiah and Bucky Brooks (two nfl analyst I actually respect) did a podcast today on how to build a championship caliber roster. They broke the list down into 5 different categories. Bucky did mention that the Cowboys may be closer than most think. They both mentioned the Rams as the team that probably has it all. Anyways here is their 5 keys to building an elite roster:

1. QB - I think it’s self explanatory. They mentioned how Dak is iffy sometimes he looks like the guy, sometimes he isn’t. The jury is still out.

2. Two very good pash rushers. They both said Lawrence definitely fits. Daniel said they need another elite pass rusher. While Bucky said Gregory or Irving both have that ability if they get their stuff together.

3. 3 playmakers on offense who can score on any play. They both mentioned Zeke and Cooper fitting that bill. They mentioned Beasley but said he’s only a role player. Daniel said an elite TE could put this offense on another level.

4. 3 playmakers on defense besides the two very good pass rushers. They were both confident we had this down with LVE, Jones, and jaylon. That without mentioning a healthy lee would give us 4.

5. 3 very good to elite OL. They said we definitely have that with Smith, Martin , and a healthy Frederick. Said we’re in much better shape then most teams in that area.

Finished by saying your team needs at least 12 blue chip players to really compete for a championship. Just an interesting podcast thought I’d share.
This is an interesting read, thank you.

Unfortunately the Pats have had none of that except the QB and a few playmakers here and there. Of course, they are pretty much the best coached team in the history of football, so that helps. Everyone else has to stockpile talent but they just keep executing and turning JAGs into household names.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
7 out of our 10 games we've held the opponent to under 20 points.. when Romo was here I'm not sure the defense had that high of a percdntage. The defense is the strength of this team.. when Romo was here the offense was the strength
Let's not act like Romo didn't have a good defense. He had a defense that had back to back shut outs

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
The fact that you twisted my words tells me all I need to know about you. I never blamed Dak for loosing but never the less he did loose against a decimated secondary due to injury. Unless you win you loose Im not blaming Dak Im simply pointing out we lost. Rewatch the Rams Chiefs game and tell me can Dak make the throws Goff and Mahomes make ? That's my point he cant make those throws.
You don't blame Dak but then say he can't make throws. Hate to break it to you but Dak can make every throw you need him to make. Goff and Mahomes have a different offense with different weapons. You don't think Dak could throw 400 yards with a Hill or Kelce....

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
You don't blame Dak but then say he can't make throws. Hate to break it to you but Dak can make every throw you need him to make. Goff and Mahomes have a different offense with different weapons. You don't think Dak could throw 400 yards with a Hill or Kelce....
With Dak it's not a question of can he make every throw. It's a question of timely decision making in the pocket, staring down his first read, and getting the ball out on time. This is the area he struggles the most in. He's been better the past couple weeks but it's still an issue.

One nice thing is I haven't seen him overthrowing/skipping passes/throwing behind his receivers his past couple games.

Romotil45

Reaction score

Dak simply cant make the throws that Mahomes and Goff and other elite QBs make. He lacks the velocity and accuracy needed. Put Dak in Kansas City or LA and even with their offensive weapons and coaching Dak could not come close to matching their numbers.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
Let's not act like Romo didn't have a good defense. He had a defense that had back to back shut outs
Wow, one year with a good defense out of 9.

When people talk about Romo having a good defense, they mean consistently. And the one year he did have a good defense, they folded in the playoff game @ MIN

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
With Dak it's not a question of can he make every throw. It's a question of timely decision making in the pocket, staring down his first read, and getting the ball to out on time. This is the area he struggles the most in. He's been better the past couple weeks but it's still an issue.

One nice thing is I haven't seen him overthrowing/skipping passes/throwing behind his receivers his past couple games.
He is only in his 3rd year, he is still developing. The real problem is coaching. I think where Dak struggles the most is when pressured his mechanics go down the toilet. Sometimes he doesn't step up in the pocket but have noticed he is doing it better. He is looking off safeties with his eyes but needs to be more consistent in that area. Personally I'm ok with Dak, it's the coaching that's the problem.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Dak simply cant make the throws that Mahomes and Goff and other elite QBs make. He lacks the velocity and accuracy needed. Put Dak in Kansas City or LA and even with their offensive weapons and coaching Dak could not come close to matching their numbers.
B.s we have seen him makes those throws so you can stop the foolishness

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score

When people talk about Romo having a good defense, they mean consistently. And the one year he did have a good defense, they folded in the playoff game @ MIN
No the OL folded. I see y'all love to make excuses for Romo failing time and time again in the playoffs....... Well just the few times he made the playoffs anyways.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
No the OL folded. I see y'all love to make excuses for Romo failing time and time again in the playoffs....... Well just the few times he made the playoffs anyways.
34 points given up. You dont win many games like that in the playoffs.

Defense had Sidney Rice looking like Randy Moss

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

The defense didn't fold nearly as bad as the offensive line in that game. That was brutal. Romo got killed on every snap in that game. I know they sacked him 6 times at least but felt like he got nailed almost every drop back.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
34 points given up. You dont win many games like that in the playoffs.

Defense had Sidney Rice looking like Randy Moss
And turning the ball over time and time again, taking sacks over and over again is not going to allow you to win many games either.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Dak cant consistently make those throws. Hes simply not an elite QB nor will he ever be. You are fooling yourself if you think Dak has the velocity of Mahomes or the accuracy of Brees. He doesn't nor will he ever.
No he isn't Brees who might end up top 10 all time at QB. Sure Mahomes has a big arm but if Dak had 3 picks and 2 fumbles in one game y'all would be killing him but it's ok that Mahomes does it right. You don't have to be those 2 guys and still be a very good franchise QB. Wentz had 0 TDs and 3 picks Sunday, but guess that's ok do right.

Romotil45

Reaction score
No he isn't Brees who might end up top 10 all time at QB. Sure Mahomes has a big arm but if Dak had 3 picks and 2 fumbles in one game y'all would be killing him but it's ok that Mahomes does it right. You don't have to be those 2 guys and still be a very good franchise QB. Wentz had 0 TDs and 3 picks Sunday, but guess that's ok do right.

Mahomes stats this year as a rookie no less puts a bus driver to shame. Dak couldn't sniff his shorts.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Top 8 in a league where these QBs are starters:

Brees
Mahomes
Goff
Rodgers
Brady
Wilson
Luck
Ryan
Wentz
Ben
Rivers

Hes nowhere close to any of these guys.

Oh ans RG3 played at a “top 8 level” for one year too

What in the heck has Wentz done to be in the top 8? I am a little bit serious here too. I would not say he is top 8 this year.
I do like him at QB, hate he is on the Eagles. But not top 8.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I brought this up in the game thread Monday night. But no, there were 3 goofballs that kept giving me a hard time.
Even when I joked about Goff and Mahomes and errant throws, the Dak haters could not take it.
They did not want to accept the fact Mahomes had what, 6 turnovers. But he had 6 TD's they claimed, yes, but he also lost.

Many times I wonder why so many on here are fans at all.
I am not a big Dak fan, but I am willing to wait and see how this season goes.