Darius Jackson Available

PhillyCowboysFan

Reaction score
Jackson (knee) cleared waivers and reverted to the Browns' injured reserve.

Jackson was waived Thursday after the 2016 sixth-round pick injured his knee. Unless he reaches an injury settlement with the team, he's likely stuck on injured reserve for the remainder of the season.

http://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/football/news/browns-darius-jackson-reverts-to-injured-reserve/

IR for the entire season and it's only June. Yes the injury must've been very significant.

Nothing to see or talk about hear, move on!

speedkilz88

Reaction score
He could also take an injury settlement. Or I think it's possible (maybe x knows) but I think he could be put on IR and ask for his release once rehab is over assuming he has a chance sooner.

tayloner

Reaction score
As with most guys who revert to IR after going unclaimed, in the coming weeks or once his injury heals up I imagine he'll be released with a settlement. He'll be free to sign with another team, the question remains what the true severity of his injury may be.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
he was a long shot to make the browns this year.
not sure why.
he is either not that good or does not fit what they do
no loss for us. we are looking for that 3rd running back...we did spend a 6th rounder on him. kept him on 53 man roster to protect him and he was picked up by browns immediately. nothing to lose. change of pace, developmental back......

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
For a entire year? It's June, no possible PUP designation. I didn't know that.
If it'sxa season ending injury then PUP wouldn't help.

They would have had to keep him on the active roster all summer to be able to put him on PUP, but after PUP he would still go to IR unless it really was not a season ending injury.

Many people didn't think he would make their roster this year anyway. They have a lot of RBs.

Screw The Hall

Reaction score
We need to find a 3rd RB who can play special teams well, and I'm not talking about being a returner. That 3rd RB becomes a lot easier to digest for a team keeping on the active roster if he becomes a core guy in that area. It's easier said than done though. A lot of these backup quality NFL RBs were stars in college and didn't play on ST.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We need to find a 3rd RB who can play special teams well, and I'm not talking about being a returner. That 3rd RB becomes a lot easier to digest for a team keeping on the active roster if he becomes a core guy in that area. It's easier said than done though. A lot of these backup quality NFL RBs were stars in college and didn't play on ST.

Yes, if Morris is the 3rd RB that puts a strain on Special Teams.

That might be an area where Darius Jackson really could have had value because he has the size/speed combo to excel on ST; whereas, a smaller RB like Jahad Thomas might not.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score

That might be an area where Darius Jackson really could have had value because he has the size/speed combo to excel on ST; whereas, a smaller RB like Jahad Thomas might not.
There is 0 need for Morris with DMC back

Either get a scat back type or a cheap young bull that can play STs

Screw The Hall

Reaction score

If my recollection doesn't betray me, I'm pretty sure Jackson was having some issues picking up STs as well, although I agree with you that his physical abilities are such that you would think he could be decent in that area. That's the biggest issue with Morris, he contributes nothing on ST.

Screw The Hall

Reaction score

That's exactly how I feel, although I prefer the later and just keeping Zeke in on 3rd downs and letting Switzer do some of the specialty packages you would normally see reserved for a scat.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
That's exactly how I feel, although I prefer the later and just keeping Zeke in on 3rd downs and letting Switzer do some of the specialty packages you would normally see reserved for a scat.
Exactly, I didn't like how much we took out EE on third downs and 2 minute drill....... if he needs rest do it a series at a time with DMC but use him for most of the important conversions

Screw The Hall

Reaction score
Exactly, I didn't like how much we took out EE on third downs and 2 minute drill....... if he needs rest do it a series at a time with DMC but use him for most of the important conversions

Again, that is exactly how I feel. Taking Zeke out on the most important down in football is almost criminal in my opinion.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

McFadden's injury history is likely what is keeping Morris on the team.

They did give Morris a handful of ST snaps last season. I guess it's possible he could learn to do it but it seems like a long shot.

Jahad Thomas might win a spot by default.

Screw The Hall

Reaction score
McFadden's injury history is likely what is keeping Morris on the team.

They did give Morris a handful of ST snaps last season. I guess it's possible he could learn to do it but it seems like a long shot.

Jahad Thomas might win a spot by default.

It's actually not a bad position to be in from a team perspective. You give Morris as many carries as he can handle through training camp and the early preseason games. Then, when he shows out behind this offensive line you trade him for a conditional 6th or 7th to a team who is RB starved. At the same time you keep Zeke nice and fresh and in the case that McFadden gets hurt, Morris is your insurance.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score

Problem with that statement is Jahad Thomas actually played ST and like Dunbar has experience in that area, Darius Jackson does not and when here for all those weeks played none. Went to CLE and played none.
So, no, he doesn't help us there at all. which is why he isn't a real consideration.

The Cowboys aren't looking for a 3rd RB, they have a former Pro Bowler manning the spot.
More valuable players than DJ will be knocking on their door if they want to swap Morris out.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Whatever you say Chuck. But you've been proven wrong up to now.
He's actually been proven right up til now.
He may be wrong long-term but up til now, he is correct.
DJ has never been active for an NFL game. He was released here as soon as McFadden was healthy and we currently have the 3 RBs ahead of DJ on the Cowboys roster last year, still on this one.
If Dallas wanted to cut Morris for DJ they could have done so last year. They chose not to. They'd have added him on the practice squad though.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Problem with that statement is Jahad Thomas actually played ST and like Dunbar has experience in that area, Darius Jackson does not and when here for all those weeks played none. Went to CLE and played none.
So, no, he doesn't help us there at all. which is why he isn't a real consideration.

The Cowboys aren't looking for a 3rd RB, they have a former Pro Bowler manning the spot.
More valuable players than DJ will be knocking on their door if they want to swap Morris out.
You kind of have to be active to show if you play STs or not. Way to early to know from his rookie year. And I believe the issue is STs coverage, not necessarily return ability. Unlikely Thomas will ever be used at either. Doesn't have the size for coverage nor speed for kickoffs. And Switzer is the punt returner.