Dark Days Ahead

fivetwos

Reaction score
I dunno, but this entire situation feels as if it culminates in a championship in 2024.

Doesn’t it? This is how winners are built.

Honestly I don’t even think they are being especially cheap, they are just out of their element as far as running an NFL team.

Everyone else is out there getting what they need, and Stephen is looking for bargains….which would be half acceptable IF you had roster that was really, really good.

It doesn’t go much further than them yet again falling in love with their own players. What pisses me off is when they get in front of the media and scoff at how dumb everyone else is.

TheDude

McLovin
Reaction score
yes

and i hope it is really really really dark

0-17 dark

jerry and stephen and dak diserve it
It wont go that dark, because Jerry cant stomach 0-17 and no merch, and half filled stadiums.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Yeah, I get it but Dak is getting paid either way. I personally think they are just going to let him play it out like they are doing with the coaches. Everyone on the same playing ground. If it works out then they have the option to possibly get everyone back OR if the most likely scenario happens and it fails..they can start basically fresh and build around Lamb/Parsons.
Why would we build around Lamb/Parsons? are they not part of the "Cant show up for a playoff game" club?

Jayinem

Reaction score
Dak just saw Kirk Cousins who's 5 years older than him (and about equal to him playwise) come off a serious injury and get 4 years 180 mil. Dak knows he's going to be a very rich man regardless of what happens. Hopefully he realizes the Cowboys are done with him and agrees to waive his no trade clause.

TheDude

McLovin
Reaction score
Every other thread title is focused on sounding doomish.

They read like immature middle schoolers created them.

Why?

I bet if I start liking the 49ers or Chiefs somehow, someway...everything will turn negative on their boards.

Why?
Astute critic. Every other franchise QB that has left, the team received compensation. This team is either going to let an asset walk for nothing, or extend and have a stapped roster for 3-4 years.
If you're going to critic the points, do it, otherwise dont sound like a Pre-K who was forced to share sand toy

stiletto

Reaction score
Why would we build around Lamb/Parsons? are they not part of the "Cant show up for a playoff game" club?
They're part of the club to me. No one has showed anything in the playoffs on this team. I am just going by their age. Bland/Parsons/Lamb/Diggs/Tyler are all 25 and under.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
They're part of the club to me. No one has showed anything in the playoffs on this team. I am just going by their age. Bland/Parsons/Lamb/Diggs/Tyler are all 25 and under.
Well we have Diggs and Bland i agree with, Tyler also the rest need to be turned into draft capitol for a rebuild..the other things is your HC..letting the QB hit full on FA next year while having no picks and looking for a HC..thats a disaster waiting to happen.

stiletto

Reaction score
Setting yourself up to rebuild with a mid first round pick, vs multiple picks in a trade is, tautologically, dumb as excrement. You also change coaches this year (like Dnver/Payton) and start executing the vision now for who you keep and who you dont. Bringing in a new crop of coaches with no QB, No top pick, etc.

It is SOMETHING....the worst possible execution of a solution
I'm not arguing. I don't understand their logic either but I think they think they are retooling, not rebuilding. I think their Primary goal may be to get out of Dak's money. It's no secret that Jerry has never really liked Dak that much. Look what they did after his rookie contract. What they do at QB is anyone's guess. It could be a total disaster.

wecasa

Reaction score
Jerry didn't even have the sack to fire Garrett for Pete sake. He's gonna let it play out and start over without having to fire anyone. It's the great reset.

TheDude

McLovin
Reaction score
Tear it down and never look back as let's face it the way they set it up with the Cap and Prescott's contract we were going to have to bite the bullet at some point.
Now one is giving a no 1 pick for Dak snap out of it. He is only considered a top 10 QB by Homer Cowboy fans.
Stats can be misleading as most are garbage time or against dog teams.
They are rebuilding, absorbing Dak's cap hit this season, and then saying Ciao to the Dak years.
What were they gonna do next season as not many dogs on the schedule maybe make the wildcard and go one and done?
They're not trading Bland or Parsons, Lamb, or Diggs as they consider them the building blocks for the future.
Now they need to find a Franchise QB................ Godspeed to them and Godspeed to us!
Carson wentz got a #1. Matt Stafford got 2 #1s mid 30s never winning anything.

if you are going to load up on a overpaid QB, you have to load up on draft capital to have cheap youg talent - not pay 2nd contracts to wr >27, CBs and undersized DEs

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
I'm not arguing. I don't understand their logic either but I think they think they are retooling, not rebuilding. I think their Primary goal may be to get out of Dak's money. It's no secret that Jerry has never really liked Dak that much. Look what they did after his rookie contract. What they do at QB is anyone's guess. It could be a total disaster.
What has Jerry done that says he doesnt like Dak? Jerry is horrible at contract negotiations..hell he literally says he is all in on Dak while negotiating with him..

stiletto

Reaction score
It will most likely be a disaster. Just making a guess about what they are doing. Let's face it, no one really knows and nothing should surprise us either.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Carson wentz got a #1. Matt Stafford got 2 #1s mid 30s never winning anything.

if you are going to load up on a overpaid QB, you have to load up on draft capital to have cheap youg talent - not pay 2nd contracts to wr >27, CBs and undersized DEs
Matt Stafford deserves to get a no 1 pick as he has the arm talent for it.
Eagles have a great F/O and got a 1 for Wentz.
What team will give a # 1 pick with the $ Dak wants today............NONE
This coming season is the Dak show prove it or lose it.
Hey, he makes franchise QB money maybe it's time he earned it?

TheDude

McLovin
Reaction score
Dak just saw Kirk Cousins who's 5 years older than him (and about equal to him playwise) come off a serious injury and get 4 years 180 mil. Dak knows he's going to be a very rich man regardless of what happens. Hopefully he realizes the Cowboys are done with him and agrees to waive his no trade clause.
There is no long-term upside for Dak to play hard ball. He stays in Dallas for less money and more endorsement and long term TV opportunities to set his grandkids up for life....or risks being benched, going to FA taking 50M/yr in a small market and flaming out after 2 years.

(The latter is still "upside" for most, just not what Dak wants as legacy)

Last edited:

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
It will most likely be a disaster. Just making a guess about what they are doing. Let's face it, no one really knows and nothing should surprise us either.
I think i have a safe bet..we will see but its gonna look like this
a Day3 RB and LB
Draft an RB,LB,OL in some order...Mazi is your DT because Jones and 1st round pick
THEN CD and Dak will get paid..Im like 99% on this...its not what i would do but its exactly what they have done for many years...

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Same Dark Days since Jimmy was fired and the team fell apart a few years after.

TheDude

McLovin
Reaction score
Matt Stafford deserves to get a no 1 pick as he has the arm talent for it.
Eagles have a great F/O and got a 1 for Wentz.
What team will give a # 1 pick with the $ Dak wants today............NONE
This coming season is the Dak show prove it or lose it.
Hey, he makes franchise QB money maybe it's time he earned it?
Stafford has always been overrated. Jeff George had the arm talent. He won a SB, so not the best place to argue a point on my side, but that was more McVay and Donald, etc.
And your point on the eagles FO, supports the thesis of this thread. you cant do it any worse

visionary

Reaction score
Yeah, I get it but Dak is getting paid either way. I personally think they are just going to let him play it out like they are doing with the coaches. Everyone on the same playing ground. If it works out then they have the option to possibly get everyone back OR if the most likely scenario happens and it fails..they can start basically fresh and build around Lamb/Parsons.
But then you have to pay Dak a LOT more if it works out or get no compensation if Dak walks

Again, that is not a plan, thats a prayer

A good FO would either have paid him and have money to execute a plan to build a team around him or tell him to find a trade partner

FanofJerry

Reaction score
Astute critic. Every other franchise QB that has left, the team received compensation. This team is either going to let an asset walk for nothing, or extend and have a stapped roster for 3-4 years.
If you're going to critic the points, do it, otherwise dont sound like a Pre-K who was forced to share sand toy
Are you pro or anti Dak?