Dark Days Ahead

visionary

Reaction score
I'm only asking cause I don't know, and I'm not talking good or bad about Dak. Hypothetically if Dak kills it next year and becomes a FA and does sign a huge contract elsewhere. Is he eligible for us to receive a Comp Pick? That might be a decent pick. or is he ineligible when it comes to compensatory picks.
Comp picks can be no higher than rd 3

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
OIP.ByWjTC7p7mwpVtrHB9UFhwHaEo
WINTER IS COMING.....NO, WINTER IS HERE.......Jerry Jack frost-Jack azzzzz- Jones wiinter.....

TwentyOne

Reaction score
Every other thread title is focused on sounding doomish.

They read like immature middle schoolers created them.

Why?

I bet if I start liking the 49ers or Chiefs somehow, someway...everything will turn negative on their boards.

Why?
Wait!

This is not the dc forum for immature middle schoolers?

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
If I'm Dak or Micah, I would be asking for a trade, no way I would want to go down with this ship.

Well, Dak at least can leave after this year. Parsons really should ask for a trade. Jerry doesn't care about winning. Unfortunately, wanting a championship requires going elsewhere.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
It does look like this is a make or break year for Prescott. However, as opposed to really evaluating the talent and team, They set up a contract with no trade clause and a huge number they never fathomed on being stuck against.

Dak doesnt have the leverage he thinks if the team is seriously resetting. Real GMs would respond to "I have all the leverage" with "We will hold a full competition at QB this year". This is the time you say, you can seek a trade or ride the bench so we can see what Lance has.
You're close, but that's not it. Dak won't get to ride the bench. He'll have to play behind a depleted oline, with Tyron and Biadasz gone, and a veteran retread or rookie at RB.

Dak's options are:
  1. Reduce contract demands.
  2. Demand a trade.
  3. Spend his contract year putting out bad tape behind a depleted oline and no run game.

stiletto

Reaction score
They aren't doing "nothing". They are rebooting the team. Letting 14-15 starters leave, not committing to a HC or coaching staff, letting Dak play out his contract it seems... They are basically setting themselves up so they can go in whatever direction they want after 2024. It's not nothing, you can argue if it is DUMB or not but it is not "nothing". Seems to me the braintrust is done with the current cast of characters. It's a possibility after that Green Bay game.
Mike Fisher ran with my idea tonight. He must read the Zone. :lmao:

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
No way to spin this. Unless the Cowboys are sold, I will never see another serious SB caliber team in my life. I've known this for a while, but this year cements it. The level of FO ineptitude is really staggering.

It does look like this is a make or break year for Prescott. However, as opposed to really evaluating the talent and team, They set up a contract with no trade clause and a huge number they never fathomed on being stuck against.

Dak doesnt have the leverage he thinks if the team is seriously resetting. Real GMs would respond to "I have all the leverage" with "We will hold a full competition at QB this year". This is the time you say, you can seek a trade or ride the bench so we can see what Lance has. You arent winning this year anyway

Carson Palmer, Carson Wentz, Stafford, Russ Wilson all garnered 1st rd picks. Dak is at least as good as some of those and, like Washington and Minn with Cousins, this may be the rare occasion where the compensation is ZERO - just unfathomable,

Knowing this is a tear down, you do it like Denver, Trade Lamb, Bland and Maybe Parsons and truly go for the future. But no, this is about to be 3-4 years of 4-6 win teams
Don’t let the door hit you in the *** on the way out!

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
couldn't agree more...this FO will continue to paint themselves in a corner and blame the agents like the phones they have dont call out....
How many times are you yahoos going to come here and complain over the same thing every thread, every post, every day?

Big_D

Reaction score
No confidence in Jerry for decades. Just on cruise control knowing they'll never actually win anything. But the past 2 days really just sucked the life out of being a fan of this team.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
They aren't doing "nothing". They are rebooting the team. Letting 14-15 starters leave, not committing to a HC or coaching staff, letting Dak play out his contract it seems... They are basically setting themselves up so they can go in whatever direction they want after 2024. It's not nothing, you can argue if it is DUMB or not but it is not "nothing". Seems to me the braintrust is done with the current cast of characters. It's a possibility after that Green Bay game.
Good stuff.

They have the 2024 and then 2025 drafts.

2024 is gonna be a struggle.