Dark Days Ahead

TheDude

McLovin
Reaction score
You're close, but that's not it. Dak won't get to ride the bench. He'll have to play behind a depleted oline, with Tyron and Biadasz gone, and a veteran retread or rookie at RB.

Dak's options are:
  1. Reduce contract demands.
  2. Demand a trade.
  3. Spend his contract year putting out bad tape behind a depleted oline and no run game.
you are likely correct, but that isnt the way you handle it. Bad tape from a bad team is explainable. Out of sight, out of mind is stressful to the one shopping services.

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score
No way to spin this. Unless the Cowboys are sold, I will never see another serious SB caliber team in my life. I've known this for a while, but this year cements it. The level of FO ineptitude is really staggering.

It does look like this is a make or break year for Prescott. However, as opposed to really evaluating the talent and team, They set up a contract with no trade clause and a huge number they never fathomed on being stuck against.

Dak doesnt have the leverage he thinks if the team is seriously resetting. Real GMs would respond to "I have all the leverage" with "We will hold a full competition at QB this year". This is the time you say, you can seek a trade or ride the bench so we can see what Lance has. You arent winning this year anyway

Carson Palmer, Carson Wentz, Stafford, Russ Wilson all garnered 1st rd picks. Dak is at least as good as some of those and, like Washington and Minn with Cousins, this may be the rare occasion where the compensation is ZERO - just unfathomable,

Knowing this is a tear down, you do it like Denver, Trade Lamb, Bland and Maybe Parsons and truly go for the future. But no, this is about to be 3-4 years of 4-6 win teams
Yes, complete apathy is what the Jones clan has earned from me!

Darkhound

Reaction score
No way to spin this. Unless the Cowboys are sold, I will never see another serious SB caliber team in my life. I've known this for a while, but this year cements it. The level of FO ineptitude is really staggering.

It does look like this is a make or break year for Prescott. However, as opposed to really evaluating the talent and team, They set up a contract with no trade clause and a huge number they never fathomed on being stuck against.

Dak doesnt have the leverage he thinks if the team is seriously resetting. Real GMs would respond to "I have all the leverage" with "We will hold a full competition at QB this year". This is the time you say, you can seek a trade or ride the bench so we can see what Lance has. You arent winning this year anyway

Carson Palmer, Carson Wentz, Stafford, Russ Wilson all garnered 1st rd picks. Dak is at least as good as some of those and, like Washington and Minn with Cousins, this may be the rare occasion where the compensation is ZERO - just unfathomable,

Knowing this is a tear down, you do it like Denver, Trade Lamb, Bland and Maybe Parsons and truly go for the future. But no, this is about to be 3-4 years of 4-6 win teams
Did you JUST figure this out buddy?
We hve been on "Dark days" ever since Jimmy Left and JERRY "JACK OF ALL TRADES" took full control

TheDude

McLovin
Reaction score
Don’t let the door hit you in the *** on the way out!
and here is the person who if Jerry said the best thing for his team were to bench dak and bring in Nate Peterman and Terrel owens, you'd spout about "winning culture" and "fans who dont believe arent fans".

talk about arested development in logic and maturity...... my man

Darkhound

Reaction score
I HAVE NOTHING against DAK asa person.
But as a QB he is the very definition of a MEDIOCRE QB

And there are MANY FOOLS here who think he is Elite
That is how LOW the bar and the standard has become for this pathetic franchise.
Some fans in here have never -AND PROBABLY NEVER WILL- seen this team accomplish anything significant. Can't blame them

TheDude

McLovin
Reaction score
Did you JUST figure this out buddy?
We hve been on "Dark days" ever since Jimmy Left and JERRY "JACK OF ALL TRADES" took full control
I was apatheitc in 2018. 2021 brought me back with some interest.
The problem is the Jones have been lucky to fall into an UDFA QB in Romo and a 4th rder that has to be top 2 or 3 all time 4th round pick QBs. Enough to win in a historically weak division lately.
but the team never knows who to acquire and get rid of talent timely and for value.

Creeper

Reaction score
They aren't doing "nothing". They are rebooting the team. Letting 14-15 starters leave, not committing to a HC or coaching staff, letting Dak play out his contract it seems... They are basically setting themselves up so they can go in whatever direction they want after 2024. It's not nothing, you can argue if it is DUMB or not but it is not "nothing". Seems to me the braintrust is done with the current cast of characters. It's a possibility after that Green Bay game.
I meant doing nothing to improve in 2024. I was fooled by Jerry I supposed, that this year would be different, he was going all in. I thought he meant taking the steps necessary to field a winning team in 2024. I admit, it never occurred to me he actually meant trashing the roster and starting over next year. It is not a bad strategy necessarily, just not a plan that will produce results in the short term.

And if this is his real plan then why not force a trade for Dak? Why no just tell Dak, if he stays with the team, he will sit on the bench behind Trey Lance in 2024? What is the point in letting Dak play out his contract in 2024?

stiletto

Reaction score
I meant doing nothing to improve in 2024. I was fooled by Jerry I supposed, that this year would be different, he was going all in. I thought he meant taking the steps necessary to field a winning team in 2024. I admit, it never occurred to me he actually meant trashing the roster and starting over next year. It is not a bad strategy necessarily, just not a plan that will produce results in the short term.

And if this is his real plan then why not force a trade for Dak? Why no just tell Dak, if he stays with the team, he will sit on the bench behind Trey Lance in 2024? What is the point in letting Dak play out his contract in 2024?
People keep asking why not go ahead and release Dak? I think it is because they want to get their money's worth. If they release him they have to cary dead money around. At least if he plays they get something out of it. Not saying it isn't dumb,just saying they probably actually think that way...

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
I’m convinced Jerry has a personal vendetta against me and my happiness.

**** you very much, Jerry. Just…, **** you.

75boyz

Reaction score
The future is getting even darker with more of the same on the near horizon.

I think they have targeted Lamb, Parsons and Dak to use as the future marketers of their on field product.

All the rest of the team payroll will continue to be the draft and develop/we like our guys strategy.

Free agents will lack quality and be few and far between if acquired.

Cowboy GroundHog Day continues.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
and here is the person who if Jerry said the best thing for his team were to bench dak and bring in Nate Peterman and Terrel owens, you'd spout about "winning culture" and "fans who dont believe arent fans".

talk about arested development in logic and maturity...... my man
The culture is bad and has been for several years. The players are pampered from 68 degree training camp weather to The Star to Jerry meddling. I’ve stated it many times here. Looks like TheDude isn’t.

TheDude

McLovin
Reaction score
The culture is bad and has been for several years. The players are pampered from 68 degree training camp weather to The Star to Jerry meddling. I’ve stated it many times here. Looks like TheDude isn’t.
Meaning you are an avid, willing and unchallenging masochist?

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
How many times are you yahoos going to come here and complain over the same thing every thread, every post, every day?
yahoos
  1. a rude, noisy, or violent person.

Since i was not rude, noisy, or violent i'm going to need you to come up with another word before i can reply, if you need to check said word before using it in a sentence please use google.