Darren Mcfadden

Stephen Colboar

Reaction score
jackrussell;1541389 said:
And see the Big 10 win 2 of 3 bowl games vs. the SEC.
Arkansas outplayed Wisconsin, but since their coach is a complete *** hat, they found a way to lose, like they do in every bowl game.

Twyst

Reaction score
Auburn florida and LSU were easily the best teams in the country last year, the rest of the sec was knd of overrated, auburn played like crap when they lost to arkansas

jackrussell

Last of the Duke Street Kings
Reaction score
Stephen Colboar;1541398 said:
Arkansas outplayed Wisconsin, but since their coach is a complete *** hat, they found a way to lose, like they do in every bowl game.

The best don't find ways to lose. They find ways to win.

adamknite

Reaction score
jackrussell;1541389 said:
And see the Big 10 win 2 of 3 bowl games vs. the SEC.

See two SEC teams ranked in the top 3 of the final AP poll. or 4 teams in the top 15, or six SEC teams ranked in the top 25 of that poll.

BigDave95

Reaction score
Twyst;1541401 said:
Auburn florida and LSU were easily the best teams in the country last year, the rest of the sec was knd of overrated, auburn played like crap when they lost to arkansas

Auburn didn't play bad. McFadden and the Arkansas O-line just imposed their will on them. The Hogs ran something like 19 out of 20 straight plays in the 2nd half. Everyone in the stadium knew the run was coming but the Tigers couldn't stop it.

That game actually is a great example of how physical DMac can be. He was running people over and plowing for the extra yard in a very tough performance.

jackrussell

Reaction score
adamknite;1541423 said:
See two SEC teams ranked in the top 3 of the final AP poll. or 4 teams in the top 15, or six SEC teams ranked in the top 25 of that poll.

And then see them lose 2 of 3 to the Big Ten.

You're more than welcome to your polls.

I'll take scoreboard every time.

adamknite

Reaction score
jackrussell;1541446 said:
And then see them lose 2 of 3 to the Big Ten.

You're more than welcome to your polls.

I'll take scoreboard every time.

How about the big ten losing the bowl championship to the SEC. I'll take a National Championship over the capital one bowl anyday.

Cowboys were 1-0 vs. the Colts last year, but their holding the championship trophy. I'm sure they don't mind that loss.

jackrussell

Reaction score
adamknite;1541454 said:
How about the big ten losing the bowl championship to the SEC. I'll take a National Championship over the capital one bowl anyday.

Take whatever you like.

2 of 3...head to head...certainly the greatest bestes conference in all of the world would not have let this happen!

But they did.

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwweeeeeeeeeee....:lmao:

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY;1541366 said:
He has speed, no question but I don't see a lot of Reggie Bush in him. Whomever compared him to Dickerson, to me, was closer to the mark.
Probably the greatest compliment you could pay a running back. ;)

Dickerson >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Reggie Bush.

Reggie Bush in his wildest dreams can even approach Dickerson's career.

And I purposely didn't quote the part about anyone in this conversation running like Tyson Thompson. You couldn't have meant to compare anything about McFadden to our undrafted San Jose State back, could you? :eek::

jackrussell

Reaction score
adamknite;1541454 said:

Cowboys were 1-0 vs. the Colts last year, but their holding the championship trophy. I'm sure they don't mind that loss.

Doesn't mean the AFC South was the best division....darn....you were THAT close!

Love to go on...but I got a front row date with Faith Hill tonight.

adamknite

Reaction score
jackrussell;1541466 said:
Take whatever you like.

2 of 3...head to head...certainly the greatest bestes conference in all of the world would not have let this happen!

But they did.

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwweeeeeeeeeee....:lmao:

:rolleyes: SEC/Florida still has the National title. Big Ten's best team played SEC's best team and the SEC won.... in commanding fashion. And they still have 2 teams ranked in the top three. I'll trade you the Capital One and Outback Bowl for a National title anyday.

adamknite

Reaction score
jackrussell;1541472 said:
Doesn't mean the AFC South was the best division....darn....you were THAT close!

Love to go on...but I got a front row date with Faith Hill tonight.

and you have no idea about the point I was making. I'm saying the Colts lost their one game to the Boys, but they're still holding the championship and don't mind losing some meaningless game against us. Sorta like the SEC winning the national title, the big 10 can have their Outback and Capital One bowls.

Big ten lost their two biggest bowl games really bad (Florida vs. Ohio State, Michigan vs. USC), the SEC won their two biggest games in run away style (Florida vs Ohio state, LSU vs. Notre Dame.)

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score
The Big 10 is crap! they have a couple of very good teams and the rest are total crap. No way do they compare to the SEC as a conference. Their best teams are very good.. OSU..Mich.. but over all.. the big 10 is crap!

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;1541471 said:
Probably the greatest compliment you could pay a running back. ;)

Dickerson >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Reggie Bush.

Reggie Bush in his wildest dreams can even approach Dickerson's career.

And I purposely didn't quote the part about anyone in this conversation running like Tyson Thompson. You couldn't have meant to compare anything about McFadden to our undrafted San Jose State back, could you? :eek::

I would compare there running styles, from what I've seen. This says nothing about there production or there talent levels. Only that they have simular running styles. Both run upright, both appear to be one cut backs and both use tremendous acceleration to hit the seam, once they see the crease. In that way, they are simular, from what I have seen of McFadden. I think Dickerson had a better cut back then what I've seen from McFadden to this point but then again, I've had much more opportunity to watch Dickerson then I have McFadden so I suppose time will tell. I don't know if I'm ready to say NYC is wrong just yet. Dickerson was succesful because he had unbelievable speed and acceleration for a man his size. I don't know how fast McFadden is but I've heard that he could run a 10.8 100 in HS. How does that equate to the NFL? Says he has top end speed for sure but his acceleration is what will ultimatly tell the tale. I do like him but I think I'll have to see more of him before I am convinced he is a Dickerson as opposed to a Thompson.

;)

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Cowboy4ever;1541481 said:
The Big 10 is crap! they have a couple of very good teams and the rest are total crap. No way do they compare to the SEC as a conference. Their best teams are very good.. OSU..Mich.. but over all.. the big 10 is crap!

The Southwest Conference (SWC) is the best there is, was, and every will be!