Video: David Carr challenges Dak Prescott to a passing competition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
This is the dumbest thing ever! That chucky cheese crap was way to close to throw accurate, carr has nothing better to do than play at chucky cheese w his kids, this was like a dumb game of darts, *** cares! Dak throws to "receivers" not dinner plates lol! I happened to play receiver and most wr hate the ball low in the belly, im tall i like up around the head where i can reach out and pluck it got a lot more catch radius than a dinner plate, its not like he was 3ft off, your talking inches in a freakin arcade. Somebody post that dez drops montage again please, and somebody tell me how many strikes dak throws in a tight window between two defenders that hit dez in stride RIGHT IN THE BLEEPING HANDS!
Moving targets guys, moving targets guys! If you guys watched that probowl qb stuff this year, they all looked awful! They could barely hit those things even russell wilson looked like osweiler the level of stoopidity it takes to see this dumb bas relavent or worrisome is astounding! Time to "block" a bunch of tide pod eating kids, good grief!!!!!!!!
Exactly! Well said. I triple that. Yeah, “block” the pod eating kids from the Cowboy Zone

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
so not true, hes been injured quite abit and yes last year with the drops was the first sign of possible breakdown.. if he would have played an entire season in 2016 he would have had 1kplus and 10plus

he had 800 yards and 8 tds in 13 games played with 15.9 YPC per catch(btw highest in his career) factors out to close to 1000 and 10tds AND the GB playoff game 9 132 14.7 40T 2( correct that great game in the playoffs) this is with new QB that they say aren't on the same page..seriously yes 2015 no QB and injured a lot so really all this hasn't been good since 2014 is a tad exaggerated... seemed to me in a heavy run offensive scheme with Zeke ripping the NFL apart in his rookie season a 1000 yards and 10tds and a great playoff game is asolid season and shows they weren't always not on the same page..

lets say this one more FN time the entire team broke down last year starting with the Oline, than zeke gone and than Dak, this lead to a lot of trickle down to the receivers..no one on offense had a good year..im expectiong better things in 2018.. we only nned to improve two games to make the playoffs..seriously..

now that dosnt mean i don't think Dez shouldn't restructure his contract and give him half guaranteed and he can EARN the rest back in incentive laden bonuss..its just a team attitude and if he doesn't its going to be hard to cut him..if you cut him it only saves 8mil and a hole at starting WR, to replace him you might end up spending that 8mil on a quality wr..so really aside from a new face with no production guarantees, it saves us not enough to just pull the plug on him..
Dez is terrible now.

dfense

Reaction score
I don't know what's worse. The fact that Dak got to showcase his accuracy against a 40 something has been and got shellacked, or the blind defending he gets from the Dak homers who steadfastly defend his noodle armed accuracy issues when it stares them right in the face. You can cry all day about the coaching, the owner, the scheme, the play calling, etc. But this team will be an average 8-8 team with an average QB. There is no denying that.

This team is good enough to compete right now with improved QB play. I would follow Philly's lead and give up whatever it takes to get a franchise QB. Fill in the rest of your needs in FA. 2018 is going to be a horror story. Where's my dog?

HungryLion

Reaction score
RG3. Rookie of the year. 102 QB rating 20 TDs 5 picks. Never came close to that again. There's that...

Running the read options on almost every play.... the system RG3 ran is not very comparable to what Dak ran as a rookie.

RG3 also has a devastating injury and is a headcase.

There aren’t a whole lot of similarities between the two players.

starcity214

Reaction score
Running the read options on almost every play.... the system RG3 ran is not very comparable to what Dak ran as a rookie.

RG3 also has a devastating injury and is a headcase.

There aren’t a whole lot of similarities between the two players.

The thing is, we have people here (slobberers) saying we need to run a scheme that fits Dak ...something like a Zone read ...

Dak can't function in a normal traditional pocket passer scheme and he needs a gimmick type of offense to succeed...

There is a reason why this league hasn't found an effective way to stop a pure pocket passer type QB and gimmick type QBs always get figured out...

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
"Dak friendly" means 5 pro offensive linemen, 2 pro TE and the best WR in the league. Best blocking so the glitch doesn't get him and the best receivers who can catch any high or low ball thrown at them. We should be able to draft them this year. :muttley:

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
cowboyscheerleader.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.