Video: David Carr challenges Dak Prescott to a passing competition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score

Take it to another level

To me this shows Dak with no time to pass and a defender ready to tackle the receiver for a loss. What does Brady or Rogers do in this situation? Like Dak, they throw the ball away, so they don’t lose yardage on the play, and so the receiver doesn't get drilled catching a pass for a 3 yard loss. What do you guys see?

blindzebra

Reaction score
To me this shows Dak with no time to pass and a defender ready to tackle the receiver for a loss. What does Brady or Rogers do in this situation? Like Dak, they throw the ball away, so they don’t lose yardage on the play, and so the receiver doesn't get drilled catching a pass for a 3 yard loss. What do you guys see?

There were several of these so-called awful throws this year that any rational fan would call a throw away. Did Dak miss some throws? Yes, but all QBs do...did you see Brady in the SB the last 2 minutes when Philly released the hounds on D? If that were Dak these yahoos would be saying he could not hit water falling out of a boat.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
Lmao he didn't have perfect protection.. he needs it for the "glitch"
Dak didn’t have ANY protection. A blitzing LB was on him right away. He threw the ball away to protect his receiver from a hit and so they don’t lose 3-4 yards on the play.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
Looks like he saw the corner closing and instead of having a 4 yard loss he threw it away.

There was 5 yards between the CB and WR when the ball sailed over the WRs head. You put that ball on the receiver and let him make a play. If he shakes the guy it’s a nice gainer.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
Looks like he saw the corner closing and instead of having a 4 yard loss he threw it away.
I saw the same thing + there was a LB in his face and he had to get did of the ball quickly. You have to have an agenda to insinuate this play was any thing other than a throw away.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
There was 5 yards between the CB and WR when the ball sailed over the WRs head. You put that ball on the receiver and let him make a play. If he shakes the guy it’s a nice gainer.
By the time the receiver would have controlled the ball the DB would have been right on top of him. You can see the receiver taking a peek at the DB because he knows the DB is ready to drill him. I would bet the receiver was glad Dak threw the ball away.

starcity214

Reaction score
Yeah, he can ball all right, but he makes to many mental mistakes. Their GM just came out and said he needs to stop trying to win the Super Bowl on every play. I’ll take Dak’s football intelligence over Stafford’s every day. Brady is not the GOAT because of his rocket arm or athletic ability, he is the GOAT because of his football intelligence, desire, and work ethic. Anyone giving up on Dak, already, doesn’t understand what it takes to be a successful NFL QB. Dak doesn’t have the strongest arm, he’s not the most accurate, he doesn’t have the quickest release, etc. etc., but he is good enough in those areas. Dak has the intangibles to be a great QB( football intelligence, desire, work ethic). The one thing holding Dak back is Garrett and his predictable basic Offensive system with few affective in game adjustments. Tom Brady, as great as he is, would not be the GOAT with Garrett as his coach!!!

"I'll take Dak's football intelligence over Stafford's"

Against Green Bay, we had the ball on the red Zone with under 2 minutes left in the game... Dak runs the ball in for a TD instead of sitting at the one, picking up the first down, and running down some more clock and not giving the ball back to Rodgers with a chance to win...

Yeah, he seems pretty intelligent alright..

Last edited:

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
By the time the receiver would have controlled the ball the DB would have been right on top of him. You can see the receiver taking a peek at the DB because he knows the DB is ready to drill him. I would bet the receiver was glad Dak threw the ball away.

I disagree there were 5 yards not 1 or 2 when the ball sailed over the WR head.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
Schemes

Against Green Bay, we had the ball n the red Zone with under 2 minutes left in the game... Dak runs the ball n for a TD instead of sitting at the one, picking up the first down, and running down some more clock and not giving the ball back to Rodgers with a chance to win...

Wow did that guy really say he’d take Daks football intelligence over Stanford’s? He’s lost all credibility with that one...

starcity214

Reaction score
Wow did that guy really say he’d take Daks football intelligence over Stanford’s? He’s lost all credibility with that one...

Yes ... He did.

Among other things , he said a franchise QB doesn't need good accuracy or a rocket arm.. he just needs to be a "good worker"..

My question is, why haven't we contacted Tim Tebow?!!!

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
Schemes

Against Green Bay, we had the ball n the red Zone with under 2 minutes left in the game... Dak runs the ball n for a TD instead of sitting at the one, picking up the first down, and running down some more clock and not giving the ball back to Rodgers with a chance to win...

You have an agenda: let’s bash Dak when ever we have a chance even if it make NO sense. Every honest Cowboys fan that watched that game knows Garrett and Linehan screwed up on the play before by calling a low % fade to Dez that stopped the clock. It would have been risky for Dak to let himself get stopped at the one. We were down by 4. There is no guarantee we score the TD( holding penalty, illegal procedure, etc.) Also, that is Garrett’s decision to tell Dak to get tackled at the 1, not Dak’s.

starcity214

Reaction score
You have an agenda: let’s bash Dak when ever we have a chance even if it make NO sense. Every honest Cowboys fan that watched that game knows Garrett and Linehan screwed up on the play before by calling a low % fade to Dez that stopped the clock. It would have been risky for Dak to let himself get stopped at the one. We were down by 4. There is no guarantee we score the TD( holding penalty, illegal procedure, etc.) Also, that is Garrett’s decision to tell Dak to get tackled at the 1, not Dak’s.

I've heard it all now...

is Dak a brainless zombie that only does what the clapper tells him?

My agenda is that I'm tired of this team being mediocre.

People bash Jason Garrett... People bash Dez.. Prescott is not avobe them.

The ONlY REASON I brought up the play was because the poster said Dak had better football intelligence than Stafford and that play showed he doesn't.
I'm just a guy on my couch and even I knew that you don't give the ball back to Rodgers in that situation!!!

You have a better chance of getting a TD from the 1 yard line in 4 tries than to stop Rodgers from getting a score to win the game!

I don't care if Garrett was in my ear telling me to score, I would sit on the 1 and put the game in my hands instead of hoping the Swiss cheese factory stops Rodgers!!

Either way, Dak looked like a "glory chasing" fool in that game.

Last edited:

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
Yes ... He did.

Among other things , he said a franchise QB doesn't need good accuracy or a rocket arm.. he just needs to be a "good worker"..

Not a single NFL FO would ever agree with those statements. Man where did these newbies come from? Can we send them back? Smh:facepalm:

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score

Against Green Bay, we had the ball on the red Zone with under 2 minutes left in the game... Dak runs the ball in for a TD instead of sitting at the one, picking up the first down, and running down some more clock and not giving the ball back to Rodgers with a chance to win...

Has there ever been a time when a team needing a TD, intentionally didn’t score a TD when given the opportunity?

I have seen a team intentionally not score when a touchdown wasn’t necessary, but never when they needed a touchdown to win.

Do you have any real game situations where a team down by 4 or more points intentionally downed the ball instead of scoring?

Also, did Zeke take this type of criticism in 2016 when he scored a touchdown after the 2 minute warning against Pittsburgh instead of taking a knee when we were down by 1 and FG would win the game?

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
Yes ... He did.

There you go again with your agenda: Let’s bash Dak when ever we have a chance even if it doesn’t make any sense: I said Dak doesn’t have the strongest arm, the fastest release, and he is not the most accurate, but he is good enough in all those areas to be a great QB because of his intangibles( work ethic, desire, and his football intelligence). You two, probably don’t realize this, but Tom Brady is not the GOAT because he has a rocket arm or because he is athletic. He is the GOAT, and playing into his 40’s, because of his football intelligence.

starcity214

Reaction score
Has there ever been a time when a team needing a TD, intentionally didn’t score a TD when given the opportunity?

I have seen a team intentionally not score when a touchdown wasn’t necessary, but never when they needed a touchdown to win.

Do you have any real game situations where a team down by 4 or more points intentionally downed the ball instead of scoring?

Also, did Zeke take this type of criticism in 2016 when he scored a touchdown after the 2 minute warning against Pittsburgh instead of taking a knee when we were down by 1 and FG would win the game?

Football intelligence...

Some have it, most don't.

Stafford faked a spike, and won the game against us because he saw our defense slacking.. I wonder if his coach allowed him to do that? Hmm..

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Football intelligence...

Some have it, most don't.

Stafford faked a spike, and won the game against us because he saw our defense slacking.. I wonder if his coach allowed him to do that? Hmm..

I get football intelligence. I have never seen this specific type of intelligence ever in a game. I am asking if you have a specific example of a player intentionally not scoring a touchdown when a touchdown is actually needed. Do you have an example that I can research?

starcity214

Reaction score
There you go again with your agenda: Let’s bash Dak when ever we have a chance even if it doesn’t make any sense: I said Dak doesn’t have the strongest arm, the fastest release, and he is not the most accurate, but he is good enough in all those areas to be a great QB because of his intangibles( work ethic, desire, and his football intelligence). You two, probably don’t realize this, but Tom Brady is not the GOAT because he has a rocket arm or because he is athletic. He is the GOAT, and playing into his 40’s, because of his football intelligence.

I agree.. Tom Brady is a genius.

What does that have to do with Dak?
Moore is twice as smart as Dak is and he retired..

Status
Not open for further replies.