Video: David Carr challenges Dak Prescott to a passing competition

Status
Not open for further replies.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
When I watched the video I got a little sick. The Dallas Cowboys QB can't be like that, it is inexcusable but then I realized I also had a hangover (like Dak) and realized I couldn't even watch the video straight, so he gets a pass. All that matters is what he does on the field. He gets another year from me. Last season was a complete disaster from the Front Office all the way to the kicker. If I see garbage next season, I'll call it garbage...next year is big for Dak.

If Zeke gets suspended, the Oline falls apart, they keep the status quo at WR, and the coaching doesnt change then we will most likely see the same problems.

khiladi

Reaction score
I never implied that 356 yards. I was just stating you are lying and 400 yards isn't 356 and its not close to 400. If you wanted to round it up? You could've said 360.

So we are going to blame Romo's TD ratio that season on Randle?

You said Romo sucked in 2015, like Dak did they year. He won games on his arm alone, despite his TD-INT ratio and horrible blocking by his OL to start the season and throwing for close to 400 yards.. He didn’t throw any picks his last two drives when it was all on his arm.

You blamed Dak for throwing for 93 yards because he didn’t have Zeke and his left tackle was out, depending on the game.

Your arguments are awful and trying to change the subject..

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
You said Romo sucked in 2015, like Dak did they year. He won games on his arm alone, despite his TD-INT ratio and horrible blocking by his OL to start the season and throwing for close to 400 yards.. He didn’t throw any picks his last two drives when it was all on his arm.

You blamed Dak for throwing for 93 yards because he didn’t have Zeke and his left tackle was out, depending on the game.

You are misunderstanding me. I'm not arguing anything here. Fact is, Romo sucked in 2015. Your argument is he had a lot of yards so therefore he was good while ignoring his TD to Int ratio. Your argument is the one flawed.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I have seen it called before but not when a team is needing a touchdown. I am asking if anyone knows of a specific example when that has occurred.

Here is an example of Maurice Jones Drew doing it back in 2009. The Jags are down by only 1 point though. I can’t find an example of team doing this down by 3 or more points. They are either winning or down by 2 or fewer points and a field goal is all that is required to win the game.

Does anyone have an example of when that has occurred? If it is such a smart football move, an example shouldn’t be hard to produce.

I think the Giants did it a few years ago or maybe their opponent did it.

khiladi

Reaction score
You are misunderstanding me. I'm not arguing anything here. Fact is, Romo sucked in 2015. Your argument is he had a lot of yards so therefore he was good while ignoring his TD to Int ratio. Your argument is the one flawed.

So how does 2-1 and throwing for 356 yards to wins a game on his arm constitute sucking?

Especially comparing it to Dak’s level of sucking, which you were making the comparison too..

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
I think the Giants did it a few years ago or maybe their opponent did it.
They wanted to do it in the 2011 Super Bowl against the Patriots while trialing 17-15 with the ball on the 6 yard line. Bradshaw ultimately ended up not being able to kneel in time and scored the TD. Giants were down by only 2 with only a chip shot field goal to win the game. They didn’t need a touchdown.

In the 2015 season opener against the Cowboys, Eli admitted to telling Jennings not to score around the goal line while leading by 3. Jennings never actually took a knee, but did say he was told not to score. A touchdown would have extended the lead to 10 points. Eli later threw the ball away on 3rd down, stopping the clock when the Cowboys were out of timeouts, which allowed Dallas enough time to score the game winning TD after NY settled for 3.

I remember those plays. The Giants were not down by 3 or more points and the 2nd time they (admittedly) tried not to score it was a collasal failure.

This notion Dak should have taken a knee down 4 points is absurd. You never refuse to score a touchdown when a touchdown is required. It is not smart football. It is dumb football because there are no guarantees you will score the touchdown after. A number of bad things can occur. It’s alright to do it while down 2 or fewer points because there is a 99% chance you convert the FG for the win and negative yardage plays don’t significantly drop those odds.

Last edited:

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
They wanted to do it in the 2011 Super Bowl against the Patriots while trialing 17-15 with the ball on the 6 yard line. Bradshaw ultimately ended up not being able to kneel in time and scored the TD. Giants were down by only 2 with only a chip shot field goal to win the game. They didn’t need a touchdown.

In the 2015 season opener against the Cowboys, Eli admitted to telling Jennings not to score around the goal line while leading by 3. Jennings never actually took a knee, but did say he was told not to score. A touchdown would have extended the lead to 10 points. Eli later threw the ball away on 3rd down, stopping the clock when the Cowboys were out of timeouts, which allowed Dallas enough time to score the game winning TD after NY settled for 3.

I remember those plays. The Giants were not down by 3 or more points and the 2nd time they (admittedly) tried not to score it was a collasal failure.

This notion Dak should have taken a knee down 4 points is absurd. You never refuse to score a touchdown when a touchdown is required. It is not smart football. It is dumb football because there are no guarantees you will score the touchdown after. A number of bad things can occur. It’s alright to do it while down 2 or fewer points because there is a 99% chance you convert the FG for the win and negative yardage plays don’t significantly drop those odds.
I generally agree; although I think some coaches might have tried to kill time and might have considered not scoring in that game because it seemed highly likely that the Cowboys defense wouldn't prevent another score.

Basically I don't blame them for not doing it, but I think a coach has to at least consider it in that situation.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
So how does 2-1 and throwing for 356 yards to wins a game on his arm constitute sucking?

Especially comparing it to Dak’s level of sucking, which you were making the comparison too..

You are lying again....his td to interception ratio was 5 to 7....not 2-1? Are you being serious here or are you trolling?

Oh_Canada

Reaction score

How did he do the rest of the way? How was his last game??? That arm threw three picks and they got destroyed.....is Romo your brother or something?

khiladi

Reaction score
How did he do the rest of the way? How was his last game??? That arm threw three picks and they got destroyed.....is Romo your brother or something?

You mean the game he came back to early for, without hardly any practice with the team, because the team wanted to save his season against one of the best defenses in the league that year?

khiladi

Reaction score
You are lying again....his td to interception ratio was 5 to 7....not 2-1? Are you being serious here or are you trolling?

So when I say he goes 2-1 that means TD ratio or record and 356 yards passing?

So how does that suck on comparison to Dak and his 93 yard performances, record quarters in going scoreless with no TDs, league leading INTs returned for TDs, multiple lower 100 yard passing games which you were comparing it against?

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I wonder if it was immediately after this video that he said his top priority was "working on my accuracy"?

If so, I tend to agree with him.

jsb357

Reaction score
To be fair Dak was drafted to compete for the 3rd string emergency QB.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Oh, 356 sucks.. I'm sorry, but 93 yards is great..

So what? They won... You conveniently forget that he brought them back on his ARM alone, while their OL was floundering the first two games and they had no running game with Randle..
O line struggled to protect and the running was missing? Sounds familiar. But that "excuse" only counts for certain sides I guess.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
O line struggled to protect and the running was missing? Sounds familiar. But that "excuse" only counts for certain sides I guess.
Difference is the QB he was talking about, showed that he can win in those conditions for years, where the other had the worst stretch of qb play in Cowboys history.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Difference is the QB he was talking about, showed that he can win in those conditions for years, where the other had the worst stretch of qb play in Cowboys history.
"Worst stretch in Cowboy history" - Is that your interpretation or do you have actual and factual numbers to support that claim?

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
"Worst stretch in Cowboy history" - Is that your interpretation or do you have actual and factual numbers to support that claim?
Cowboys set a franchise record of 10 straight quarters without scoring a TD

During that stretch, Dak posted:

Record: 0-3
58-88 (68%)
500 yards
0 TDs
5 INTs
57 passer rating

Romo never had a 3 game losing streak as Cowboys starter (when he finished the whole game)

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Cowboys set a franchise record of 10 straight quarters without scoring a TD

During that stretch, Dak posted:

Record: 0-3
58-88 (68%)
500 yards
0 TDs
5 INTs
57 passer rating

Romo never had a 3 game losing streak as Cowboys starter (when he finished the whole game)

schools_in_session.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.