Video: David Carr challenges Dak Prescott to a passing competition

Status
Not open for further replies.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
They had Romo on a show a few years ago throwing at targets and he nailed everyone of them. He was going up against Leeann Tweeden.

Gameover

Reaction score
wow, who doesn't want to see a passing competition between two qb's who both regressed significantly last season.

The other guy hasn't played in year
When I went to Oxnard last year, I came back and reported to the boards that Dak wouldn't even make the team and Showers would be the back up. He was that bad.

What is your opinion on Dak? I could've sworn you were a fan.

Gameover

Reaction score
They had Romo on a show a few years ago throwing at targets and he nailed everyone of them. He was going up against Leeann Tweeden.
Not surprised. Romo is Mr. Perfect

The wrestling character

Gameover

Reaction score
He was garbage his last year and his stats were padded by beating awful teams. He sucked against the SEC in particular. He was bad and his scouting reports all attest to this as well.

Far from garbage.

Name me a player/position on the Cowboys offense that didn't regress in 2017?

Do you have an objective bone in your body?

And Dak's play can't be the reason the entire OL wasn't as good in 2017.

Dak isn't the entire reason Zeke went from 5.1 to 4.1 a Carry

Peterson and Sanders both were 2,000 yard rushers w less at QB.

Zeke can only ball when facing scrub defenses? Zeke can only be efficient when he has 3 All Pros performing at elite capacity?

diefree666

Reaction score
Carr could have been a great QB but he was ruined from a terrible oline.. I susurprised poor guy can speak.. Lol
he was sacked 250 times in 4 years and that does not count how many times he was hit otherwise. I don't care how tough you are that had to have an effect on anyone

bdk76

Reaction score
You watch last night? RB take you know where

The Eagles don't win this game without the 164 rushing yards gained by there RB's, but go ahead and act like rb don't win super bowls

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
No he hasn’t.
Let's compare seasons between David Carr and Prescott. We'll even leave out Carr's last 6 seasons where Carr only started 4 games and use his best season.
Carr - 2004 - 3,531 yards, 16 TDs and 11 INTs
Dak - 2016 - 3,557 yards, 23 TDs and 4 INTs.

What are you looking at?

Last edited:

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
he was sacked 250 times in 4 years and that does not count how many times he was hit otherwise. I don't care how tough you are that had to have an effect on anyone
It does which is why it is boggling that all the sacks and hits Dak took this past season get dismissed.

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
Let's compare seasons between David Carr and Prescott. We'll even leave out Carr's last 6 seasons where Carr only started 4 games and use his best season.
Carr - 2004 - 3,531 yards, 16 TDs and 11 INTs
Dak - 2016 - 3,557 yards, 23 TDs and 4 INTs.

What are you looking at?
Apparently I’m looking at someone who doesn’t know anything about football and thinks you can directly compare statistics 13 years apart. And that isn’t what you said anyway, you have moved the goalposts. You said two seasons.
There is no way to compare cumulative seasons across time and Dak’s 2016 season was the best statistical season of either of the two’s careers. But Carr’s 2004 season is easily better than Dak’s 2017 when you adjust for the era. Not even close really.

khiladi

Reaction score
If that was a disaster then what was Romo's career? He and Dak share the same accomplishment of not getting to a NFC championship game.

Romo had Garrett calling plays and no running game.

It was Linehan calling plays for Dak with an all-pro line.

The imaginary excuses you give for Dak were actually real with Romo.

JDSmith

Reaction score
I just have one simple observation/request....

If this video means so much, please explain to me where Carr is now and also add the numbers of playoff wins and Super Bowl trophies he has accumulated.

Thanks,

Your boy Bleu

Do you really not understand the concept of the team sport? Carr is clearly a better thrower than Dak, and it's not close. But Carr was on an expansion team with no offensive line - what you saw in the second half of the season for Dak would have been a big improvement for Carr in his career with the Texans. Carr was ruined by the team around him and the fact that he got crushed week in and week out while trying to figure out how to be an NFL QB. He didn't even have an average offensive line, in fact it was mostly terrible, and he never handed off to anyone remotely as good as Zeke. What do you think Dak would do on a team like that Texans team?

starcity214

Reaction score
Far from garbage.

Name me a player/position on the Cowboys offense that didn't regress in 2017?

Do you have an objective bone in your body?

And Dak's play can't be the reason the entire OL wasn't as good in 2017.

Dak isn't the entire reason Zeke went from 5.1 to 4.1 a Carry

Peterson and Sanders both were 2,000 yard rushers w less at QB.

Zeke can only ball when facing scrub defenses? Zeke can only be efficient when he has 3 All Pros performing at elite capacity?

This guy...

Denver laid out the blue print on how to beat us.

Stack the box, stop the run and make them pass the ball.

Dak is a complete joke! Teams basically hope that he throws the ball because they know he sucks!

The way defenses play us shows you what kind of player Dak is.

Status
Not open for further replies.