David Helman I would love for this to be Dak's last year in Dallas. (For Dak Prescott's sake.)

ChuckA1

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He’s talking about the 12 win seasons. Feel how you want but they typically are a playoff team when Dak is healthy. As much as the lack of post season success is looked down on it’s still a luxury to at least get to the dance.
Frankly, I think I'd rather suffer through a one win season to get the #1 pick. It worked with Aikman.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Frankly, I think I'd rather suffer through a one win season to get the #1 pick. It worked with Aikman.
Well…that’s interesting to say the least. Can’t win a SB if you can’t make the playoffs.

it’s also worth noting just drafting Aikman isn’t why they won’t fire rings. Those All Pros and Hall of Famers had a little say in it.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
Outside of the TB playoff game, Dak has been mediocre to bad in the first half of every playoff game. To think Dak isn’t part of the problem in these high stakes scenarios is just deluding oneself. Dak threw three picks in around seven minutes in the SF game last season. He has a big game problem.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Outside of the TB playoff game, Dak has been mediocre to bad in the first half of every playoff game. To think Dak isn’t part of the problem in these high stakes scenarios is just deluding oneself. Dak threw three picks in around seven minutes in SF in the game last season. He has a big game problem.
I don’t think anyone has ever suggested Dak wasn’t part of the issue.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Fatty in love just a few days ago...........

Guess he found out that Dak is Road Kill after the season and changed his tune.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Simply put........I honestly think we are almost at a point where they both ( Dak and Cowboys ) are tired of each other. I sometimes think back to the late John Madden's 10-year rule and wonder if Jerry doesn't follow it. Madden once said 10 years are long enough for any player or coach on one team. Looking back at some former Cowboy legends their careers end near the 8-10 year threshold. In other words, Jerry rarely gives a player a 3rd contract.
Also, has anyone else noticed how quiet he and Stehphen have been about Dak's future with the team? Remember prior they could stop raving about Dak and his future during the negotiation of his current deal but it's pretty obvious that is now gone. Dak and Jerry are both now wearing their 100% business caps saying I'm covering my butt, team be damned.