David Helman I would love for this to be Dak's last year in Dallas. (For Dak Prescott's sake.)

Jipper

Reaction score
This guy is a moron....dak wouldn't have to fight for his money as hard somewhere else? Uh, bs

Daks resume? You mean the one where he is below average in the playoffs and struggles against teams over 500?

Dak wouldn't be criticized else where and appreciated? Uh...go hang in philly and NY and let me know how those markets would be better...

I'm so sick of pundits trying to defend dak and his "resume", all that tells me is they don't watch the games and just look at the final regular season results, nor do they understand big wins against weak opponents are meaningless when you can't beat good to great opponents.

Get dak out of here ASAP, this team won't be anything more than a WC winner with him, sure they may be worse but at least they could have hope for a brighter future

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Man, this is so tiresome. As it has been explained a thousand times.

With Dak we know where the ceiling is. With a rebuild we get a whole new chance to get different results. Do we have the risk of getting worse results? Of course. But when has that ever been the reason not to try something new in the history of mankind? Dak isn't in is second year. He's been here 4 years too long.

That's not so hard to comprehend, is it? I don't need a better QB right out of the gates. But I want the chance to fair better, not stay where I am.
And that’s fine. That’s your opinion. Your opinion doesn’t need to be explained like you’ve said many have said the same thing.

Now let me explain to you my stance. It’s very simple.

I believe Dak has to get over this hump. Peyton had to do it and many others. I don’t believe a guy has talent and in playoffs he just cant play.

So my stance is I believe the Cowboys are close.

So for me it’s do I’d rather start from scratch or build on my 12 win team. I feel Jerry’s best bet is to win from this 12 win team.

So hopefully you followed along and were able to comprehend this and you understand we all have different opinions and it’s not about lack of comprehension. It’s about a thing called “disagreement”.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
This guy is a moron....dak wouldn't have to fight for his money as hard somewhere else? Uh, bs

Daks resume? You mean the one where he is below average in the playoffs and struggles against teams over 500?

Dak wouldn't be criticized else where and appreciated? Uh...go hang in philly and NY and let me know how those markets would be better...

I'm so sick of pundits trying to defend dak and his "resume", all that tells me is they don't watch the games and just look at the final regular season results, nor do they understand big wins against weak opponents are meaningless when you can't beat good to great opponents.

Get dak out of here ASAP, this team won't be anything more than a WC winner with him, sure they may be worse but at least they could have hope for a brighter future
I always find it funny that because people disagree with you guys on Dak they’re a “Moron” lol. Dave is good at what he does and one of the last few guys who doesn’t rely on clickbait to gain traction to his stuff.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Interesting, because you're right this model has got us to the dance, but if you cant do anything when you get there it's a painful disappointment ..... and that's where we are, not fooling for this Play-off / hope / crushing disappointment (because most of us can see the same problems year after year).

We lived this 12 win, no progress for three years, it isnt getting any better and indeed due to the three massive contracts, it's probably going backwards.

If Dak want's to maximise his earnings potential (then fine.....but it's not with us), if he's willing to concede (and I continue to bang the table on the number of years being that concession), then it's possible to go HEAVY backdated/restructure which will give us (and Jerry whilst he's got his health) the chance at an ALL-IN for a couple of seasons.
I’m confused why you guys think the results will change when the lack of investment in the trenches are still there? You draft a new QB and automatically the trenches are fixed? Or do the trenches no longer matte?

pitt33

Reaction score
Man, this is so tiresome. As it has been explained a thousand times.

With Dak we know where the ceiling is. With a rebuild we get a whole new chance to get different results. Do we have the risk of getting worse results? Of course. But when has that ever been the reason not to try something new in the history of mankind? Dak isn't in is second year. He's been here 4 years too long.

That's not so hard to comprehend, is it? I don't need a better QB right out of the gates. But I want the chance to fair better, not stay where I am.
Well done.

Couldn’t agree more.

Flamma

Reaction score
He brought up Stafford. But what are the chances Dak gets signed by a stacked team? If he gets signed by the Raiders for example, are they going to start winning 12 games a year? I highly doubt it.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Zack Martin could definitely make it. Tyron Smith has a chance. However, HOF usually requires the team to win in the postseason (especially for offensive lineman). Martin has amassed so many all pro seasons and consistent excellent years that he stands a good chance of getting in anyway. Defenders can amass lots of stats that help their case-even without team accolades.

As far as the case for drafting a QB high in the draft and seeing where it can get the team-I see no valid concern as to why that’s a terrible choice. The team has been stagnant for years now, and Dak is getting much older. The idea that bigger and better things are on the horizon with Dak and a higher contract is absurd from a historical perspective.
You’re right I forget about linemen I was more so thinking about the skill guys….yeah I’d say Martin and Tyron have good chances at making it to the Hall.

And I’ve stated my stance.

If Jerry and Stephen are the ones who are going to run this team and I ask myself what’s my best chance at winning right now? I’d say hoping Dak gets over this mental block is more realistic then this team finding another quarterback as good or even slightly worse then him.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
He brought up Stafford. But what are the chances Dak gets signed by a stacked team? If he gets signed by the Raiders for example, are they going to start winning 12 games a year? I highly doubt it.
It’s tough to say now since things change from year to year. Rams were a special situation. They had one of the best coaches in the game, solid offensive line, great receivers, solid defense with the best defensive player of our team.

That type of gig I don’t see on the horizon.

Brady also got on a stacked Buccs team that no one knew was stacked until they got Jameis out of there.

Raiders do not qualify as one of these teams but they do have a few pieces in Davante Adams. But who knows if they go out there and win 9’or 10 games maybe they are better than I think.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
Hellmans right. Dak wouldn’t get near the hate that he gets with Dallas fans and especially CZ fans.
If Dak comes out of the gate with a new team and elevates their league standing, he will be a hero. If Dak continues to stall in post season, he will get more of the same from fans. That's the reality of fandom in the NFL.

I don't agree with his Stafford comparison. That's a bridge too far for me. If Stafford was in Dallas the past decade, he would have a great shot at adding multiple SB rings to his resume.

All things remaining the same, the Cowboys are better with Dak. It remains to be seen how good the Cowboys will be by spending over $50M on Dak as QB. I think this dynamic will create a regression of talent for two reasons. 1) The front office is inept with cap and player personnel management and 2) asking Dak to do more will not produce better results.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
If Dak comes out of the gate with a new team and elevates their league standing, he will be a hero. If Dak continues to stall in post season, he will get more of the same from fans. That's the reality of fandom in the NFL.

I don't agree with his Stafford comparison. That's a bridge too far for me. If Stafford was in Dallas the past decade, he would have a great shot at adding multiple SB rings to his resume.

All things remaining the same, the Cowboys are better with Dak. It remains to be seen how good the Cowboys will be by spending over $50M on Dak as QB. I think this dynamic will create a regression of talent for two reasons. 1) The front office is inept with cap and player personnel management and 2) asking Dak to do more will not produce better results.
I’m interested in this take. So Stafford who had the best receiver of all time could barely make the playoffs but if he was in Dallas he would faired better than Romo and Dak did? I hear people say well Lions held him back. Cowboys front office hasn’t been much better.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Yeah they for sure aren’t doing that and probably hoping Lance makes the decision for them.
Take this another angel real quick, Lance does good, we keep him, we let Dak walk, HOW MUCH do you think it would cost us to keep Lance around?? I'm not thinking less than 20-30 million a year ESPECIALLY if he does a solid job

Blitzen

Reaction score
You’re right I forget about linemen I was more so thinking about the skill guys….yeah I’d say Martin and Tyron have good chances at making it to the Hall.

And I’ve stated my stance.

If Jerry and Stephen are the ones who are going to run this team and I ask myself what’s my best chance at winning right now? I’d say hoping Dak gets over this mental block is more realistic then this team finding another quarterback as good or even slightly worse then him.

I think you’re in the same boat either way. Jerry and Stephen will be running the team regardless if Dak or someone else is starting at QB.

I don’t think many of us that are ready to turn the page to a different QB care as much about winning right now because the belief is that it will only translate into solid regular seasons and early playoff exits (with Dak). For us, it’s better just to move on for better or worse because the team (with Dak) has plateaued with no apparent reason to expect better performance in the near future.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hellmans right. Dak wouldn’t get near the hate that he gets with Dallas fans and especially CZ fans.
The weird thing is. As I live in the DFW area. I never hear anyone hating on Dak outside of the CZ. Except one person, but he hates everything. He is not a Dallas fan. He is a fan of whoever wins. Right now KC, a few years ago it was TB.
But he is an idiot anyway about a lot of stuff in life. I asked him a few times, just how many times did your parents drop you on your head. :laugh:

But I do not hear any hate for Dak, but I do not hear a lot of over praise of him either. But more seem to like him, they don't complain constantly. Then again, most the people I talked football with are gone or moved or do not see as much anymore. One friend, her and I talk the most about the team, and she is a big Dak fan. We can't wait for the game to start.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Take this another angel real quick, Lance does good, we keep him, we let Dak walk, HOW MUCH do you think it would cost us to keep Lance around?? I'm not thinking less than 20-30 million a year ESPECIALLY if he does a solid job
I had a talk with someone on here recently about this and they disagreed with me but yeah I was thinking 30 million plus…..

Bagman

Reaction score
There we go again with the WHO WILL YOU replace him with lol, not like he's done much in the playoffs to get us closer to another ring. He can be replaced
Exactly !!! Pretty much any young, mobile guy with a strong arm can get us to the WC round as long as the offense can maintain the weapons we have now. In fact, we could add an RB and WR and still have $$millions left over.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
I’m confused why you guys think the results will change when the lack of investment in the trenches are still there? You draft a new QB and automatically the trenches are fixed? Or do the trenches no longer matte?
It means we retain and even improve via free agency.

Streifenkarl

Reaction score
And that’s fine. That’s your opinion. Your opinion doesn’t need to be explained like you’ve said many have said the same thing.

Now let me explain to you my stance. It’s very simple.

I believe Dak has to get over this hump. Peyton had to do it and many others. I don’t believe a guy has talent and in playoffs he just cant play.

So my stance is I believe the Cowboys are close.

So for me it’s do I’d rather start from scratch or build on my 12 win team. I feel Jerry’s best bet is to win from this 12 win team.

So hopefully you followed along and were able to comprehend this and you understand we all have different opinions and it’s not about lack of comprehension. It’s about a thing called “disagreement”.
Actually it's not when the very same thing has to be explained over and over again. I know your stance. Knew it before this thread. And I respect it as a different opinion. So since that has been clarified there's no need to ever repeat it again lol.

With either way anything can happen. Worse QBs than Dak have won the Superbowl. And sometimes teams find someone like Purdy. So since we both don't know what's gonna happen it's simply about having different strategies in mind.

And if I'm not called a hater or to go follow another team I have no problem whatsoever with a different stance. I just don't like to run in circles. This off season is taking too damn long lol.