Video: David Irving goes in on Jason Garrett

Status
Not open for further replies.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
JG isn't a rcist or whatever Irving said, but he is absolutely uncomfortable around people who don't fit the mold of EXACTLY what he wants in a football player. RKG excludes a lot of personalities.

Marty B, Joseph Randle, Irving...they're easily dismissed as clowns or whatever but, the reality is that they aren't bad guys, just different. JG doesn't/didn't like any of them.
Look at the players you mentioned. All talented, a couple considerably so, but one was a malcontent who was a journeyman after Dallas despite a few good years and was out of football at age 30, another with multiple arrests and was out of football at age 25, and another with multiple suspensions who has indicated he prefers sticking with his choices over playing in the NFL, and who may also be out of football at age 25.

What coach would be comfortable with these guys?

dragon_mikal

Fire Garrett
Reaction score
Guys...David is the victim here. It isn’t his fault he’s an idiot...he was born that way. We need to give him the support he needs and denounce Jason Garrett’s idiotophobia.

Idiots are people, too.

cern

Reaction score
Look at the players you mentioned. All talented, a couple considerably so, but one was a malcontent who was a journeyman after Dallas despite a few good years and was out of football at age 30, another with multiple arrests and was out of football at age 25, and another with multiple suspensions who has indicated he prefers sticking with his choices over playing in the NFL, and who may also be out of football at age 25.

no one seemed to embrace linebacker Rolando mcclain coming to the team more than did garrett. I have a hard time imagining any nfl head coach "uncomfortable" with men of color in today's nfl. that includes garrett. and I would have loved to have seen him fired several years ago.

AmericasTeam81

Reaction score
The last resort of the Garrett apologist

Can't get team to SB
Can't get team to NFCCG
Bad record in win and you're in games
Bad HC decisions
Bad OC to the point that the GM had to personally and publicly forcibly remove him from being OC
Multiple players have come out against this moron

But
But
But

'Players don't quit on him'

:facepalm:

My comments were in regards to whether Jason was comfortable or not around people of color, not in regards to his coaching abilities or level of success.

Referring to me as an “Garrett apologist” is not accurate.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score

Pete Carroll.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I’m in no position to say if he’s telling the truth or not. He’s in that locker room. But for me to believe this I’m going to need someone to back his claims on this. Irving should’ve made this claim long before now. He’s said a bunch of other wild things.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Pete Carroll.

I don't see any of these guys on Pete Carroll's team. In any case, I'm not sure Pete Carroll would be thrilled about players that keep going to jail and keep getting suspended and therefore aren't even available to be on the field.

Little Jr

Reaction score
I'm not a fan of jg but wanting a player to work his *** off isnt a bad thing. And if Irving didn't think he needed to work his *** off because he could roll out of bed and still be better than anyone, then I'm glad he's off the team.

Sydla

Reaction score
As I said in another thread........... he's the guy that will blame everyone else for his own issues.

He will be a failure at life until he learns to overcome the victim complex he has.

SoupcanSam

Reaction score
normally people that are uncomfortable around people of color will have history of this. Through out Garrett's career there has never been a whisper of this. Not saying its not possible but to go from a playing career then to coaching career both requiring you to around a lot of people you are uncomfortable with seems a little counter productive.

There could have possibly been players in the past that have taken notice of Garretts ways and not spoken up about such a top. Because one person says it doesnt mean there wernt more who felt the same way.

Me myself I would keep it to myself if I felt that way because it's how I feel but really dont care for the attention from public expression.

And let's be real, Garrett is getting paid millions of dollors for his job, and I doubt he would let being around people of color stop him from taking such a job even if he had a problem like that. I know it wouldnt stop me if I was presented the opportunity.

This isnt some 9-5 gig making $16 bucks an hours. It's a once in a lifetime opportunity for some.

The Natural

Reaction score
tenor.gif

SoupcanSam

Reaction score
He’s a coach in the NFL. He has been for a decade. The NFL is 90% black players. How can he lead men for a decade that he’s uncomfortable around? How can he be brought to tears for a player he is uncomfortable around? Idiocy.

Like I said, it's people like you who take small situations and run with it with blinders on and the sharpest scissors in your hand.

You then present it as if Garrett was your next door friendly neighbor for 30 years. Talk about idiocy though!

Rayman70

Reaction score
Jason Garrett doesn't strike me as the type of person who's comfortable around anyone.
Not a JG fan, but I disagree on this. He's a guy who wants to be around people. I wont disparage him that. A good HC he isn't,but he DOES like being around the guys.You can see that. They like him as well. Irvings comments are so out of whack, like his personal life. Cannot trust one thing he says.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
I don't see any of these guys on Pete Carroll's team. In any case, I'm not sure Pete Carroll would be thrilled about players that keep going to jail and keep getting suspended and therefore aren't even available to be on the field.
Lol, what? They have had how many players suspended for PEDs from 11-13? They brought in Marshawn AFTER the gun incident in Buffalo. Frank Clark's spat on social media.

Carroll has long been lauded for allowing his players to have whatever personality they want. That's always been his thing.

Players want to play for him: http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/10205676/pete-carroll-nfl-most-popular-coach
Instead of searching for RKGs, he adapts to personalities: http://blogs.mercurynews.com/kawakami/2014/12/11/steve-kerr-pete-carroll/

This isn't a coincidence.

Marty and Randle were never even suspended when they were Cowboys. They never had legal issues. Irving likes weed, who cares? He's not a murderer. Like I said, JG doesn't like guys who don't fit his mold.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
There could have possibly been players in the past that have taken notice of Garretts ways and not spoken up about such a top. Because one person says it doesnt mean there wernt more who felt the same way.

Me myself I would keep it to myself if I felt that way because it's how I feel but really dont care for the attention from public expression.

And let's be real, Garrett is getting paid millions of dollors for his job, and I doubt he would let being around people of color stop him from taking such a job even if he had a problem like that. I know it wouldnt stop me if I was presented the opportunity.

This isnt some 9-5 gig making $16 bucks an hours. It's a once in a lifetime opportunity for some.

Sure there is some chance others felt that way, but we certainly can't simply assume it. The fact that Garrett has played with and coached and coached with black people for many years with no noticeable prejudice has to speak louder than an assumption that cannot be verified.

Rayman70

Reaction score
dear mods, why did you get rid of my last comment? I didn't cross the line. IRVING IS A POS. He lied....

superonyx

Reaction score
The racial parts and the JG bashing is all just noise.

David Irving is just a guy who was born with physical gifts he didnt ask for and he just doesnt want to be a football player.
Which is ok. He would have walked away years ago if not for the obvious appeal of the money.

I hold no bad feelings towards him or any player who just doesnt want to be a football player. We can all sit behind our keyboards yelling and bad mouthing another man who doesnt do what we want him to do with his life. But most fans have never lined up across from a 6'5" 330lb monster running at you with the type of force we can't understand. This is a brutal game and its clearly not for everyone.

The most interesting part is how the NFL will give out highly addictive pain killers like they are tic tacs yet suspend players who smoke...
I agree with Irving on this part. Painkillers have ruined so many lives and destroyed so many families and pot hasnt. It just feels wrong.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Guys...David is the victim here. It isn’t his fault he’s an idiot...he was born that way. We need to give him the support he needs and denounce Jason Garrett’s idiotophobia.

Idiots are people, too.
yup...and I guess SOME actually think that. Irving has all the excuses queued.

Kaiser

Reaction score
He’s a coach in the NFL. He has been for a decade. The NFL is 90% black players. How can he lead men for a decade that he’s uncomfortable around? How can he be brought to tears for a player he is uncomfortable around? Idiocy.

Jason Garrett: Why weren't you at your position players meeting?

David Irving: I ............ummmmm.................................had other priorities

Jason Garrett: Did you do your film study?

David Irving: I studied some Hawaiian Sativa, know what I'm sayin?

Jason Garrett: Did you do your weight room work?

David Irving: My skull bong is kinda heavy..... (giggles for ten minutes)

Jason Garrett: We aren't resigning you for next season.

David Irving: Why do you hate black people?

Status
Not open for further replies.