Video: David Irving goes in on Jason Garrett

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rayman70

Reaction score
isn't there a book called How to influence friends and win over your enemies? Something like that? … well, lets just say Irving didn't get his copy.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
So, you've somehow missed that the Cowboys have also had a number of players that have been suspended and had a multitude of issues? Has any team had more, including Seattle?

In any case, Marshawn never served a suspension while playing for Pete Carroll - he was eligible to play the entire time he was in Seattle.

On the other hand, Joseph Randall has been arrested 7 times and has not been eligible to play the last 4 years, and Irving has only started 10 games over 4 years because of his problems and has indicated he will not play in the NFL as long as pot is a banned substance.
No, I didn't miss that. I don't care about the suspensions, in this conversation, you do.

My point is that JG doesn't like guys who are different. He wouldn't like Marhsawn just as he didn't like Marty B.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Former NFL quarterback Sage Rosenfels, who first met Garrett in their time together with the Miami Dolphins, hammered Irving's comments.

"I’ve known Jason Garret for 15 years," he said, via Twitter. "This statement may be the dumbest and least true that I’ve ever read about him."

Duke Manyweather, an offensive line scouting and development guru that has also worked with Garrett, wasn't nearly as kind.

"Naw! [Jason Garrett] is uncomfortable around grown children who can’t wake up on their own, get to places on time, be a professional, or take responsibility even with a support system!" he tweeted. "Few of those on that defensive line! JUST STOP! This is the most ridiculous thing I’ve ever heard!"

In the end, Irving wanted special treatment while doing nothing special to receive it, and now takes issue with being told his time was up with the Cowboys. This is the same player who turned down some offers of assistance in his personal matters, as the club tried desperately to keep him focused and onboard. It's the same player who wanted to remain with Garrett-led Cowboys and told the world he'd be re-signed only days before realizing he truly wouldn't be, was then suspended by the NFL for missing mandatory drug tests, and then quit amid a currently active NFL domestic violence probe — but suddenly views it all as some sort of conspiracy masterfully orchestrated by a man whose job is in jeopardy if the team doesn't turn the corner on the field.

If anything, Garrett hoped Irving would help be a catalyst for success and helping to save his own hide. He wasn't, and with no contract extension on the table, there was no reason to continue the one-sided relationship. Say what you will about Garrett's production and/or lack thereof, but there is a laundry list of minority players who would run through a wall for him, at all levels of the roster and within the coaching staff.

https://247sports.com/nfl/dallas-co...Sy5BNZJTDBlUXOrgnm_u3AoaJqfnB7tQ0QlayEVuHHg88

PhillyCowboysFan

Reaction score
Who did he blame for his failures? Are you implying he blamed JG? I didnt hear that at all.

No he did not but that statement alone burns with the insinuations of someone with that mentality. How do I know? Heard it, lived it and been around it for most of my adolescent and early adulthood life!

1972COWBOY

Reaction score
3rd string ?? dam, the guy was taken from a practice squad and there was a reason he was there IMO.

Garret seemed pretty comfortable in the locker room with Tyron Smith always next to him and probably feeling more comfortable. How can a coach "not"!! have issues with this David Irving ?

Rayman70

Reaction score
Hell, I don't blame David, it's fans and media taking anything he says seriously.
nah..at least I never take any player seriously. Its entertainment afterall.. What bothers me is the huge privilege it is to play a kids sport for the huge money they do, then they turn it into a tainted sport sort of...meaning they insert race and politics into it. That's where the player loses me as a fan. So when Irving played the race card on Garrett, most of us knew immediately that was bs. That's when you just ignore the guy from that point on. Nothing he says retains any cred,period.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Former NFL quarterback Sage Rosenfels, who first met Garrett in their time together with the Miami Dolphins, hammered Irving's comments.

"I’ve known Jason Garret for 15 years," he said, via Twitter. "This statement may be the dumbest and least true that I’ve ever read about him."

Duke Manyweather, an offensive line scouting and development guru that has also worked with Garrett, wasn't nearly as kind.

"Naw! [Jason Garrett] is uncomfortable around grown children who can’t wake up on their own, get to places on time, be a professional, or take responsibility even with a support system!" he tweeted. "Few of those on that defensive line! JUST STOP! This is the most ridiculous thing I’ve ever heard!"

In the end, Irving wanted special treatment while doing nothing special to receive it, and now takes issue with being told his time was up with the Cowboys. This is the same player who turned down some offers of assistance in his personal matters, as the club tried desperately to keep him focused and onboard. It's the same player who wanted to remain with Garrett-led Cowboys and told the world he'd be re-signed only days before realizing he truly wouldn't be, was then suspended by the NFL for missing mandatory drug tests, and then quit amid a currently active NFL domestic violence probe — but suddenly views it all as some sort of conspiracy masterfully orchestrated by a man whose job is in jeopardy if the team doesn't turn the corner on the field.

If anything, Garrett hoped Irving would help be a catalyst for success and helping to save his own hide. He wasn't, and with no contract extension on the table, there was no reason to continue the one-sided relationship. Say what you will about Garrett's production and/or lack thereof, but there is a laundry list of minority players who would run through a wall for him, at all levels of the roster and within the coaching staff.

https://247sports.com/nfl/dallas-co...Sy5BNZJTDBlUXOrgnm_u3AoaJqfnB7tQ0QlayEVuHHg88
great article and post. well said.

Kaiser

Reaction score
Dallas Cowboys Hot Boyz Defensive Line when asked if they will miss David Irving:

iu

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No, I didn't miss that. I don't care about the suspensions, in this conversation, you do.

My point is that JG doesn't like guys who are different. He wouldn't like Marhsawn just as he didn't like Marty B.

You talked about suspensions in Seattle, so obviously you do think that matters.

And it does. If a guy is never eligible to play, that matters. You can't just talk about him not liking randall or Irving while ignoring the suspensions.

As for Bennett (I guess we aren't going to talk about the perpetually suspended players you mentioned anymore), apparently Garrett isn't the only one who had a problem with Bennett. He played with 3 teams in 5 years after Dallas, and couldn't find a team at all in 2018. Obviously all coaches would prefer guys with the right attitudes, and it's ridiculous to act as if that is unique to Garrett. As for guys who are "different", the Cowboys have had a few of those now haven't they?

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Imagine taking ANYTHING David Irving says seriously.
at fault: ISU police, His baby momma, the NFL, Jason Garrett, fans who expected him to love football, weed for being too good, practice for occurring at all., Texas for not being in California near his home, California for not being near Texas
not at fault: David Irving

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Y’all hate the truth

What's the truth? Is the truth that he's a racist or is the truth that he's not the best HC? If the latter is the truth in your opinion, I do hate it because I would really like to see the team that Tom Landry built be coached by a truly great HC. If it's the former, I don't hate it, I laugh at it because it's funny. A guy who gets himself kicked out of the league blames somebody else? Who would have ever guessed it right?

pancakeman

Reaction score
OP is right, the first minute of the clip will make the headlines, but the really revealing part was the last half minute.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score

Erroneous. There's zero to suggest JG wouldn't "like" players.
Marshawn is different, but he works his *** off and JG wouldn't take issue with him. Bennet is a clown and everyone knows it.

Status
Not open for further replies.