David Irving suspended 4 games

Silverstar

Reaction score
On the bright side the Cowboys gained a temporary roster spot.

:laugh:

Ah yes the bright side...I gotta wear shades

rbiz.jpeg

:cool:

Jipper

Reaction score
No other team will either.

He can be the Cowboys somewhat-problem child until they decide they no longer want him.

If he plays 12 games and has 8 to 10 sacks he will be playing here or somewhere else easy....thats the nature of the NFL given the scarcity of elite talent

glimmerman

Reaction score
Can’t wait to hear the excuse. The crazy GF put weed in my brownies to sabatoge me!!

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I do hope that Mark Holmes is on this site. If you're here, dear boy, I just want to say that I find your videos incredibly delightful and informative.

conner01

Reaction score
Yep, all he had to do was stay clean and put up 12-14 sacks and there's a good chance we would at least franchised him, meaning $17M payday. Now the best he can hope is a one year prove it deal, providing he put similar numbers.
Exactly
I just don’t get it
One day when he grows up and lives under a bridge somewhere he’s gonna look back and see just what he pissed away

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
How could he miss the test?

The Cowboys should have someone reminding him morning noon and night they day before and day of.

How can this happen?

See, with Gregory, I could understand that if it was because he was in rehab. As far as Irving goes with this, I don't sense quite the same circumstances. I think there was a bit more too it than that, and I think the team must've known that he had a test to get to.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Here's Mark Holmes' take on it:

Mind you, I haven't seen it yet, so, this will be my first time watching it as well with you lot (unless you've already seen it, haha).

JoBu needs a refill. That was uninformative. If he found out 1.5 hours before making the video, why didn't he research what the penalty is for the 2nd PED offense? It takes all of 30 seconds. At least he would come across as prepared.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
JoBu needs a refill. That was uninformative. If he found out 1.5 hours before making the video, why didn't he research what the penalty is for the 2nd PED offense? It takes all of 30 seconds. At least he would come across as prepared.

Yes, he's normally more informed than that. Still, I can certainly understand his frustration with this. It seems all we've heard in the news lately involves Irving. It certainly is frustrating, and I think it's hard for a lot of us to have anything to say about this.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Our DTs to start the season are just laughable.

Of course you blame the front office but also save some for the relic coordinator that's giving them really bad information.

Trying to find the bright sides:
This is added incentive to pick up a DT who can really contribute.
This lets us keep the rights to an additional player 4 weeks into the season. That's something.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
https://nflpaweb.blob.core.windows.net/media/Default/PDFs/Agents/2016SOAPolicy_v2.pdf

Substance Abuse Policy

Stage 1 Discipline

Fine (not cooperating with the program)

Stage 2 Discipline

First Violation - Fine (2/17 of contract for mariijuana/ 4/17 for other substances) or 4-game suspension
Second Violation - 4-game suspension or 6-game suspension

Stage 3 Discipline

First Violation - minimum 1-year suspension (e.g. banishment conditional upon completion of treatment plan) or 10-game suspension for 1st positive marijuana test

Alcohol provision

First legal conviction or admission of guilt - 2-game suspension or more discipline tacked on by commissioner if there are extra circumstances

Second legal conviction or admission of guilt - 8-game suspension

Non-alcohol provision

First legal conviction or admission of guilt - up to 4-game suspension or more discipline tacked on by commissioner if there are extra circumstances

Second legal conviction or admission of guilt - 6-game to 10-game suspension (duration determined by commissioner)

https://nflpaweb.blob.core.windows.net/media/Default/PDFs/Agents/2016PESPolicy_v2.PDF

Performing Enhancing Drug Policy

Step One Discipline

First Violation
  • Diuretic or Masking Agent - 2-game suspension
  • Stimulant or Anabolic Agent - 4-game suspension
  • Prohibited Substance plus a Diuretic or Masking Agent - 6-game suspension

Step Two Discipline

Second Violation - 10-game suspension

Step Three Discipline

Third Violation - Minimum 2-year suspension (e.g. banishment conditional upon negative test approved by independent administrator)