David Irving suspended 4 games

Swanny

Reaction score
Not as big of a turd as Arlington, though. Or Deep Ellum where all the pathetic hoboes crawl around like june bugs at night
Lol I live in Wisconsin. I went to Dallas one year for a game around New Years. My wife (girlfriend at the time)and I flew in to Dallas on New Years Eve. Got to our hotel dropped our stuff off and it was like 11 PM. Get a Taxi ask the driver for a good quick idea to celebrate at Midnight and he drops us off in Deep Elum.... Walk into a grunge bar that wasn't terrible. Walk into the next bar then realize we are the only people not tripping on acid or some serious drugs. To say the least that was a bad new years eve

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Trying to find the bright sides:
This is added incentive to pick up a DT who can really contribute.
This lets us keep the rights to an additional player 4 weeks into the season. That's something.

I think we have some good ones when healthy, but that's the key word, isn't it? Healthy. I hate to overreact, but I reckon that now this forces our hand with a chap like Hankins or another FA that might be available.

glimmerman

Reaction score
There’s only one reason why someone would miss the test
Wow. At least take the test. They have raised the level to fail. At least you have a chance to pass. Missing it is a guaranteed fail. Then posting on social media “ hey come over to my house and smoke.” Come on man.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
I'm probably a minority but I'd still keep him this year and maybe next at league min but only as a rotational player. He's pis*ed away right to start IMO.

David Irving - DL - Cowboys
NFL suspended Cowboys DL David Irving four games for violating the league's substance abuse policy.

Irving will be eligible to return against Houston in Week 5. This is the second straight year he's served a four-game suspension after testing positive for PEDs in 2017. According to NFL Network's Ian Rapoport, his latest ban stems from a series of missed drug tests. Irving logged a career-high seven sacks last season while earning PFF's No. 8 pass-rushing grade among 79 qualifiers at defensive tackle. His talent is undeniable but Irving needs to get his off-field life in order. The 24-year-old is set to become an unrestricted free agent next offseason.

Source: Ian Rapoport on Twitter
Jun 15 - 3:35 PM

Reactions: BAT

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Wow. At least take the test. They have raised the level to fail. At least you have a chance to pass. Missing it is a guaranteed fail. Then posting on social media “ hey come over to my house and smoke.” Come on man.

David Irving:

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Prohibited by Substance Abuse Policy

Benzoylecognine (cocaine) ≥ 150 ng/mL
Delta 9-THC-carboxylic acid (marijuana) ≥ 35 ng/mL
Synthetic Cannabinoids > 2.5 ng/mL
Amphetamine and its analogues ≥ 300 ng/mL
Opiates (total morphine and codeine) ≥ 300 ng/mL
Opioids (e.g., hydrocodone, oxycodone) ≥ 300 ng/mL
Phencyclidine (PCP) ≥ 25 ng/mL
Methylenedioxymethamphetamine (“MDMA”) and its analogues ≥ 200 ng/mL
Alcohol ≥ .06 g/dl (%)

Prohibited by Performance Enhancing Drug Policy

*Check out pages 21 - 26 of the PDF by clicking the link below (I ain't copying-and-pasting all that crap)

https://nflpaweb.blob.core.windows.net/media/Default/PDFs/Agents/2016PESPolicy_v2.PDF

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Time to find a trade partner. Let this Cat be someone else's worry.

That'll be a sticky wicket, finding a trading partner. The only way that could work is a conditional draft pick, and that's likely a 7 if a team thinks about it. I do think Hankins needs to be signed now, though.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Just one season man. All we want is one season without controversy and suspensions

I agree with you that it is terribly annoying. With that being said, I do see an improvement. Normally, we have loads of players suspended. This year, we have Irving and maybe Gregory, assuming he doesn't get reinstated. So, in that sense, we're doing better than usual. Hopefully, next season, we can get our suspension number down to 0.