David Irving suspended 4 games

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I came to his defense this off-season...this is inexcusable. Can't defend him anymore. It's clear he's going down the wasted potential path.

Sucks for him and his family. I don't think it sucks for this team though. They have options and if anyone steps up...he will be a goner. Probably already is a goner after this season.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
If it were due to missed tests, here is the punishment:

1st offense - up to $25k fine
2nd offense - fine of 2/17ths of paragraph 5 of amount in the players contract
3rd offense - 4 game suspension without pay.

Dude is aware of when he needs to get tested. There is no excuse not to take the time to pee in a cup.

H-m-m, according to that rundown, it had to be his 3rd offense. I wasn't aware of that, thanks. He's really pushing his luck, obviously! Let's hope this dumb crap he's doing doesn't continue. I'm wondering what to expect if he repeats this again at some point. It'll only get more severe, I'd imagine.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
H-m-m, according to that rundown, it had to be his 3rd offense. I wasn't aware of that, thanks. He's really pushing his luck, obviously! Let's hope this dumb crap he's doing doesn't continue. I'm wondering what to expect if he repeats this again at some point. It'll only get more severe, I'd imagine.
It is different for weed

The 3rd failure is a 4 game fine and the 4th fail is a 4 game suspension

But since they were missed tests and not necessarily for weed then they go with the regular schedule

He would have been better failing a test for weed than just missing several

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
It is different for weed

The 3rd failure is a 4 game fine and the 4th fail is a 4 game suspension

But since they were missed tests and not necessarily for weed then they go with the regular schedule

He would have been better failing a test for weed than just missing several

A-hah, so, if that's correct, this was his 4th missed test. Holy crap -- that's a lot of misses. :omg:

Jeffkills

Reaction score
Too bad we can’t bury him neck high and throw oranges at his head all day...

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
Players get tested once a year for recreational drugs or drugs of abuse

The testing period starts on 4/20 and runs thru July

They can get tested at Rookie Camp, OTAs, Minicamps and Training Camp

If they pass they are good for the rest of the year...... if they fail or miss a test they are placed in the program..... if they stay clean for 60 days they are released from the program and reset to 0

If you miss any of those camps then you have to inform the league of where you will be and make arrangements to get tested just like the rest of the team

For PEDs ...... 10 players are tested at the end of each game.....I am not sure if they test randomly during the offseason

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He had a very good excuse for missing his drug test. "I was too stoned to drive and didn't want to endanger no human beings".

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
You are wrong about TCrawford

He brings more than anyone on the DL but DLaw last year

TCrawford gets the most consistent pressure from all positions and never misses time

We are lucky to have him at such a fair price......7m a year
never misses time? i think you should go do some research. fantastic lets pay guys for getting pressure.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
No..... it would take 4 fails for weed to get 4 games suspended but since it was missed tests they can't assume it was for weed so it only takes 3 missed tests to get 4 games suspended

OK -- gotcha! Thanks. Seems like it should ideally be the same for both but I guess the league has their reasons for doing it that way. In any case, Irving's really pushing his luck, bigtime.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
For PEDs ...... 10 players are tested at the end of each game.....I am not sure if they test randomly during the offseason

https://nflpaweb.blob.core.windows.net/media/Default/PDFs/Agents/2016PESPolicy_v2.PDF

3. TESTING FOR PROHIBITED SUBSTANCES
3.1 Types of Testing

Off-Season: Players under contract who are not otherwise subject to reasonable cause testing may be tested during the off-season months at the discretion of the Independent Administrator, subject to the collectively bargained maximum of six (including blood tests) off-season tests. Players to be tested in the off-season will be selected on the same basis as during the regular season, irrespective of their off-season locations. Any Player selected for testing during the off-season will be required to furnish a urine specimen at a convenient location acceptable to the Independent Administrator, subject to the qualification set forth in Section 3.2 for specimen collections occurring away from the Club facility. Only Players who advise in writing that they have retired from the NFL will be removed from the testing pool. If, however, a Player thereafter signs a contract with a Club, he will be placed back in the testing pool

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Considering that is his job.......yeah thats why we pay him
that "pressure" has not led to turnovers. paying for almost sacks sometimes is a waste of money. He can be easily replaced. They just like him for whatever reason.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
that "pressure" has not led to turnovers. paying for almost sacks sometimes is a waste of money. He can be easily replaced. They just like him for whatever reason.
That isn't true at all ............pressures lead directly to turnovers and his role on our D isn't necessarily to get sacks

Obviously he cannot be easily replaced

Melton
Hardy
McClain
Thornton
Collins
Jones
Selvie
Mincey
Mayowa
Tapper
etc....