David Irving

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
So because my opinion which is based on what the Cowboys staff has said is different than yours that you also know my medical experience and knowledge? And you talk about common sense. Let me know when you get some.
A leopard can't change his spots

j349qglqx71cj86sfnag.jpg

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
And you know what my medical experience and knowledge is. Was it a crystal ball that told you or was it a Ouija board? Again if he was just "milking" it the medical staff would have said something but unlike Dr. America's Cowboy they have said that this is a very severe high ankle sprain. Again the medical staff's opinion doesn't count for much next to yours or that's what you think.
I truly do appreciate yer' implied Wit, My Friend!
Yet,,, should I find myself in that noticeably combative stage approaching the level displayed correlated to YER' AGE?,,, er,,, I ought to revamp my presently plotted course if that's what I'm fixing to " pan-out- ended-being" ,,,er,,,like:rolleyes:

:lmao:o_O:lmao:

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
Yeah it’s sounding like he’s potentially done playing football.

What a waste of talent if true.
Hey, Man!,,, ( while, I know I'll be considered lame& lazy , from amongst those tangled up in their very own seriousness of serious life, by asking you this,,,"ohhh big hairy deal") I'm thinking we'd gigged our #95 off of K.C.'S practice squad the second year following ANDY REID'S landing His Coaching job there( Yes! I really Like/ admire that guys COACHING casing-liner EVER SINCE he'd split from PHILLY:confused:)

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
A high ankle sprain is awful and different players manage it without even missing a game or missing a month. This will be Irvings 7th week...I understand he also is going through "personal issues" ...but if Irving can come back and contribute in the ways we know hes capable. GOOD LAWD could be stellar.

There was a time this board was split on who was the better DLmen, Irving or DLaw. True story.

I'm not that hopeful about Irving giving us a lot. Hasn't played much or practiced much all year. Didn't set the world on fire when he did. Now coming back from a high ankle sprain, which tends to linger.

Meanwhile, Crawford has been playing well at DT.

We're getting good play now. I don't see Irving being much of an upgrade, if at all.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So if you were waterboarding behind a boat you got pulled up hanging on the to tow rope with just 1 hand and if you were waterboarding in the ocean you paddled out with just 1 arm? I'll bet that next you're going to claim that once you were in a bicycle race and broke your leg and had friends duct tape your leg so you could finish the race.

No, maybe you've never Wakeboarded but you generally keep your elbows in to your body.

My lower arm was NOT taped. The tape was just from my shoulder to about half-way to my elbow.

It's not Wakeboarding without a boat. The boat makes the Wake.

Maybe you are thinking of kiteboarding.

It would not be difficult to get pulled up using 1 hand. You could do much once up but it would not be difficult.

Maybe you should be more knowledgable about a subject before you speak.

ESisback

Reaction score
I can throw a football over that mountain!

Hey...do you know anything about...time travel?

Beaker42

Reaction score
I'm not that hopeful about Irving giving us a lot. Hasn't played much or practiced much all year. Didn't set the world on fire when he did. Now coming back from a high ankle sprain, which tends to linger.

We're getting good play now. I don't see Irving being much of an upgrade, if at all.

Ooooooooh-kay. If Irving had his head on straight, T-Craw would be getting 15-20 snaps per. He’s not in Irving’s galaxy athleticism-wise.

Reactions: BAT

Maxmadden

Reaction score
The shoulder is a joint not a bone so you cant "break" your shoulder in the same way you can a bone. People exaggerate their stories all the time lol.
I dislocated my collar bone bare foot water skiing.

The doctor just let it heal out of place. Would have been nice if it had broken.

Az Lurker

The Lurker
Reaction score
Between a nasty custody battle and his ankle sprain I'm happy to wait for him to get everything straightened out. If he signs a reasonable deal with Dallas and gets his act together he can turn this defense from great, to all time great, his pure talent really is that high. Watch his games in Green Bay and Tampa, he's troubled but amazing.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Ooooooooh-kay. If Irving had his head on straight, T-Craw would be getting 15-20 snaps per. He’s not in Irving’s galaxy athleticism-wise.

IF Irving
Was fully healthy
Had gotten practice time this year
Had played great with the snaps he got
Had his head on straight

A lot of things would be different. But they're not.

Wood

Reaction score
A high ankle sprain is awful and different players manage it without even missing a game or missing a month. This will be Irvings 7th week...I understand he also is going through "personal issues" ...but if Irving can come back and contribute in the ways we know hes capable. GOOD LAWD could be stellar.

There was a time this board was split on who was the better DLmen, Irving or DLaw. True story.

Honestly, I think Iriving is just a possible playoff guy at this point. His contract status is already screwed up & he has massive personal/psychological issues. Just support the guy, let him play during playoffs and offer vet min contract for next year or very very reasonable contract.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
We took multiple chances on Randy and it’s looking good there. We need to do the same w/ David. We’ll be glad we did.
Randy actually let us down.... he was dirty up until last DEC, just when he was allowed to apply for re-instatement.... he had to be literally snatched up off the street and dragged to intensive 6 month rehab.... the NFL looked the other way as a part of their get soft on marijuana policy and allowed his return in June on a conditional basis

He has been good since then so that is something and there is hope he has turned the corner .. we need all the DEs we can get

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score

In two games, he had one sack. That's a better pace than all of our DLs other than Lawrence. And considering he played fewer snaps, it bodes well for the pass rush if he can get on the field.

Sydla

Reaction score
I think Irving is talented knucklehead who has a powerful mix of immaturity and idiocy.

That being said, he's so talented that I think I am perfectly fine taking advantage of his knuckleheadedness and getting him signed to a really team friendly deal in 2019.