David Irving

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So, coming out against a turd who misses the 4 games a season due to doping, can't stay on the field with even a slight bo bo, Mr personal excuses of any kind to miss playing, were stupid? ROFLMAO

Just Stop
I didn’t say that.

renny

Reaction score
I'm hoping for the best, he could really provide a boost down the stretch. A healthy team on a roll is a dangerous team. And getting Austin back on offense could also provide a spark.
This offense could get scary with the speed of Austin and the abilities of Cooper and Beasley.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
I once broke my shoulder Wakeboarding. We were on a trip and I wanted to continue boarding that weekend. I had my friends and girlfriend Duct Tape my upper arm to my body. I worked because you generally want to keep your elbows in to your side while Wakeboarding anyway.
And you'd rodeo back in yer' strutting cock days ,too? ( bull rider,if my memory serves me well or was it team roping?) Nevertheless ,them RODEO CLODS never measured up all that high on the I.Q. scale that I've met,,, and you breakout with some of the most solid,factual footballish casing-liner (top 3 IMO of the forum fellows,,, er,,, which is rather perplexing,,:huh:,, come to think about it:lmao::lmao2::lmao:)

:starspin:o_O:starspin:

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
And you'd rodeo back in yer' strutting cock days ,too? ( bull rider,if my memory serves me well or was it team roping?) Nevertheless ,them RODEO CLODS never measured up all that high on the I.Q. scale that I've met,,, and you breakout with some of the most solid,factual footballish casing-liner (top 3 IMO of the forum fellows,,, er,,, which is rather perplexing,,:huh:,, come to think about it:lmao::lmao2::lmao:)

I did some Bull Riding 8th/9th grade until my Mom found out and forbid my Dad to sign the consent forms...

chagus

Reaction score
Dallas letting Irving handle his problems would create trust and a strong relationship. Cowboys could be scoring cool points to be used later for contract negotiations. Maybe?

davidariust24

Reaction score
Irving is a freak of nature. He is 6'7" with long arms to bat down balls and at least make a qb have to throw it higher than they'd like sometimes. If everyone maintains their level of play and Irving comes back , the defense will go up a notch as far as rushing the passer

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
Listen to the Cowboys podcasts. You'll hear subtle remarks from Eatman and company that give you some idea of what is going on behind the scenes. He tipped off the unrest amongst the staff and players around the OL coach a week before the firing. In Irvings case, he made it seem like the ankle injury is more of a cover for the personal issues and likely done this season. We'll see...

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
This offense could get scary with the speed of Austin and the abilities of Cooper and Beasley.

The offense has basically no chance to be anything more then what it is.

A Rico Gathers explosion is about the only chance of us going next level because of what a TE could do for our offense.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Dallas letting Irving handle his problems would create trust and a strong relationship. Cowboys could be scoring cool points to be used later for contract negotiations. Maybe?

His stock is so low that I would buy but Irving will just do a 1 year deal and still get paid later on.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
Listen to the Cowboys podcasts. You'll hear subtle remarks from Eatman and company that give you some idea of what is going on behind the scenes. He tipped off the unrest amongst the staff and players around the OL coach a week before the firing. In Irvings case, he made it seem like the ankle injury is more of a cover for the personal issues and likely done this season. We'll see...
That is what I have heard too

Guy is a dumpster fire

erod

Reaction score
As stated within this thread....

There's question about if Irving is really hurt. He's got a laundry list of off-field issues.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Nope TO had a high ankle end of the 2007 season; he swore up and down he could have played the next week. Bragged about sleeping in his air chamber, ran around the field in warm ups, and started for the playoff game. If you cant remember how the 2007 ended then Im not surprised you dont remember Newmans injury either.

Regardless, this thread was about Irving coming back and how exciting it will be. It was not intended to be in detail examining high ankle sprains.

First off both Newman and Owens had plain old sprained ankles which aren't as severe as high ankle sprains. Second Owens sprained his ankle in week 16 against the panthers and didn't play until the divisional round which was 3 weeks later and is about right for regular sprained ankle.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
A high ankle sprain is awful and different players manage it without even missing a game or missing a month. This will be Irvings 7th week...I understand he also is going through "personal issues" ...but if Irving can come back and contribute in the ways we know hes capable. GOOD LAWD could be stellar.

There was a time this board was split on who was the better DLmen, Irving or DLaw. True story.
All high ankle sprains are not exaactly the same but all are serious.
Many are actually worse than breaks/fractures.
It is the ligaments holding your two major leg bones together and absorb insane amounts of pressure.

It is slow healing in many cases and very, very painful.

This is not a roll your ankle and play through it to keep it from swellling sprain.

This is a doctor tells you to stay off of your leg for month type injury.

DallasDW00ds0n

Reaction score

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
I used to love this guy and defend him against all. Now, I dislike this guy no matter how talented he is. No high ankle sprain lasts this long to heal. This guy is a mental midget who can't get his personal life straight. There is no way he is going to be able to play while he's mentally struggling with his personal life. Might as well count this guy off for this season. Must be nice to get paid $2.9 million in 2018 for not showing up and performing at work. :mad:

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
I used to love this guy and defend him against all. Now, I dislike this guy no matter how talented he is. No high ankle sprain lasts this long to heal. This guy is a mental midget who can't get his personal life straight. There is no way he is going to be able to play while he's mentally struggling with his personal life. Might as well count this guy off for this season. Must be nice to get paid $2.9 million in 2018 for not showing up and performing at work. :mad:

When I see that you have your license as a doctor and you have personally examined Irvin's ankle then I'll give your little rant some credit. If he was faking it the medical staff would have pronounced him fit to go but I guess they're just waiting for Dr. America's Cowboy to confirm it for them.

RodeoJake

Reaction score

Hey now. Let's don't go runnin down my rodeo brothers.