Draft Day ***Day 2 Draft Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.

NickZepp

Reaction score
I'm calling our next pick as a running back. Justice Hill, Trayveon Williams, Bryce Love, Rodney Anderson(who is a first round talent if healthy) Benny Snell would be a good 3rd down back. There's plenty of talent there in the 4th.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Haven't been this disappointed in a draft in a long time. Buffet line of Safties for the taking and even Gardner sitting there in the third and they draft a head case DT and another OG. So either Frederick is toast or they are moving on from someone else. Dallas doesn't care about a quality safety that can cause turnovers or fear of going over the middle. We have a trio (Heath, Iloka, Woods) of suckage in the middle.
If a kid comes in for interviews and blows you away--negatively. Would you still take him anyway? Gardner-Johnson appears to have done the same thing with all 32 teams.

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
This is just not a good draft class. End of the 3rd round and we are already off into scrubville. Other than Miles Boykin, I haven't seen anyone who looks better than this McGovern get picked yet.

Sydla

Reaction score
I'm calling our next pick as a running back. Justice Hill, Trayveon Williams, Bryce Love, Rodney Anderson(who is a first round talent if healthy) Benny Snell would be a good 3rd down back. There's plenty of talent there in the 4th.

Crazy thought.

Get a safety. I know. Nutso.

1LoyalCowboyFan

Reaction score
I’m in shock. Drinking beer to and taking shots to feel something different than numbness and sheer disbelief.

Hill better beat out Collins and wreak havoc. I don’t like drafting a player who was misused. Why if he’s such a good 3T?

Heath had his shot. He showed some good stuff but it’s over. He outplayed what he should’ve as an UDFA. Move on.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Love our OL depth.

Fleming, Looney, McGovern. Sua-Filo....that's nice.

No depth at RB.

But with all the depth on the OL any back up RB will be good. Just ask all the Darius Jackson fans that want to draft another RB.
:lmao2:

revospeed

Reaction score

Justice Hill is the most explosive of the bunch.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Hilarious that people think he is our S upgrade. First of all, he is a FS and has been one for many years, second, he is just not good.
He has strong safety tools and is expected to play that primarily in the Cowboys system.

817Gill

Reaction score
Another thing to consider guys, Richard has a profile he likes for his SS. Think Kam Chancellor,
6’2-6’-4 220lb who can cover the shallow part of the field and be an extra linebacker in the box.

This is the exact profile Iloka fills. Not saying he’s the long term answer, but none of the S in this draft fit that physical profile. It could be very likely that Richard himself wasn’t in love with any of the guys this year, as none of them are his prototype SS.

Patrick

Reaction score
I am more than willing to give these kids a chance, but where they were taken and their position is what makes me mad.

I hope they become all-pros (obviously) but I think we could have done better.

Status
Not open for further replies.