***Day Two Draft Thread***

Mactin

Reaction score
To everybody hating the pick just wait until the season starts before criticizing the players Jerry and co draft. The LB leg should heal more as time possesses and we did needed a pass rusher.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
Can someone in Dallas pull the cord on all the phones and block the wireless in the war room. I cannot stomach a trade back in to the second round for Connor Cook or Hackensack. I just can't take it.

RS12

Reaction score
Jerry could of drafted Leon Sandcastle and some of y'all would still defend it. Sad.

There were people who said Costa an NFL center, so beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

IAmLegend

Reaction score
If Jaylon Smith pans out, it's a massive steal. But I agree, this is an extremely risky pick..

J817

Reaction score
Honestly no one outside the NFL knows that

With all the players still on the board that could have helped our depleted defense this year, why are we drafting a guy who may not even come back in true form next year? I hope I'm wrong. I hope Jalen comes back better then ever, but my god are we trying to "win now" or are we drafting for the future? Cause Romo is not getting any younger

FLCowboyFan

Hoping to be half the man Tom Landry was.
Reaction score
Haha you guys were pouting about cowboys trying to go up for ogbah well there you go

Yep....I 5th or 2 6th's would have gotten us the edge rusher that everyone wanted. That' why we shouldn't have traded back yesterday.

fivetwos

Reaction score
The Smith pick does nothing but support that there is no real plan or philosophy and every move is independent of the next.

Elliott is a win now pick, and although I don't like it, fine if that's your strategy.

Then turn around and spend pick 34 on a guy that wont play next year.

Half assing win now vs. planning for the future will get you nowhere.

Ken

Reaction score
This is different. This kid is absolutely a great kid from everything I have heard. They know about his medical more than anyone else. Worse case scenario, we get a great player next year.

conner01

Reaction score
Question is if. In the 3rd or late 2nd it's good gamble for a talented defense. We basically just drafted another guy who may never play.

Or a super star. It's a gamble but sometimes you win when you gamble

knightrider94

Reaction score
Still four rounds to go. Lots of talent left and building for the future.

Dallas is in rebuild mode. QB may be "old", love you Tony!, but the majority of the core of this team isn't.

bayeslife

187beatdown
Reaction score
The Smith pick does nothing but support that there is no real plan or philosophy and every move is independent of the next.

Elliott is a win now pick, and although I don't like it, fine if that's your strategy.

Then turn around and spend pick 34 on a guy that wont play next year.

Half assing win now vs. planning for the future will get you nowhere.

How is Elliot a win now pick Garrett referred to him as a foundation player. He will be here for several years.

NickZepp

Reaction score
With all the players still on the board that could have helped our depleted defense this year, why are we drafting a guy who may not even come back in true form next year? I hope I'm wrong. I hope Jalen comes back better then ever, but my god are we trying to "win now" or are we drafting for the future? Cause Romo is not getting any younger

First pick is just as much for the future as it is for now.