***Day Two Draft Thread***

Lodeus

Reaction score
I'm sure they wanted him and it wasn't a panic move. They have more than one plan with the pick.

MrPeanutbutter

What is this, a crossover episode?
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
You don't remember last season? Top 5 rushing attack w/no QB = 4-12. You kinda need one in this league to stand a chance. We had the opp to get one WHILE having Romo for a season or two (he's not Frankenstein).

When that quarterback comes up at the right draft spot, I'll want the Cowboys to take that person. That hasn't happened.

Bluefin

Reaction score
Even knowing I should keep the long term picture in focus, it's disappointing to take a player who isn't expected to play as a rookie.

If Jaylon Smith can recover, I don't know if it's something that will absolutely occur, or what the odds might be that the nerve never starts firing again, he will play WLB, meaning Sean Lee would move back to MLB.

It just seems like too much risk for a team that has so many other needs.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
Obvious Lawrence, in the CBoys mind, will overturn his suspension. And they must think DT depth will be there in the 3rd/4th round.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
When you are positive others should listen. You can't be confused with the "Pom Pom crowd"

Go Cowboys.

I just find it more than a coincidence that our doctor did the surgery. I can't argue with those talking about the potential bust of this pick but man, if he will be okay with the knee then they got a top 5 pick at 34.

Who would know best? The surgeon. Who does that surgeon work for? The Cowboys.

I stand behind the move.

guag

Tertiary Adjunct of Unimatrix 01
Reaction score
We have an opportunity to pick up a starter at 34. Not only do we not do that, we don't even get a guy who can play this year.

I don't think I've ever been more infuriated with this team.

Even if he was 100% healthy, he's just an OLB. We draft like we're a baseball team.

We did get a starter at #34. As soon as he gets back on the field, he will be a good starter for us.

If given the choice between a good defensive end (or whatever) or a potential superstar LB who needs time, you go for the latter always.

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
When that quarterback comes up at the right draft spot, I'll want the Cowboys to take that person. That hasn't happened.

Post Aikman must have been lost on ya as well. We did the same thing then...were in QB purgatory for nearly a decade bf an UDFA saved our franchise. We never found him by investing real resources, so JJ wants to wing it again and hope for the best. What's the dif, he got his stadium and every game is sold outo_O

TrailBlazer

Reaction score
Elliot and Smith
or ..
Ramsey and Jack?

I'd go with Ramsey and Jack. 2 guys that would have helped immensely THIS YEAR.

visionary

Reaction score
Jack is probably just as big a risk if not bigger.

I never said to take Jack

There were potential first round players who would start on this team day 1 in the board and our GM elects to take a guy who may never play football again let alone at an elite level

And you are in here defending him

dragon_mikal

Fire Garrett
Reaction score
I just heard that we drafted this guy. ***.

There is a serious possibility that this kid will never play football again and if he does will be a shell of what he was.

He could have been had later in the draft. Much later.

TheHerd

Reaction score
To everybody hating the pick just wait until the season starts before criticizing the players Jerry and co draft. The LB leg should heal more as time possesses and we did needed a pass rusher.

We needed a pass rusher and the best pass rusher in the draft was available. Spence is too risky so we take Smith??????