***Day Two Draft Thread***

movaughn88

Reaction score
Hopefully a QB/WR run starts here and defensive guys start dropping for some reason or another.

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
I just find it more than a coincidence that our doctor did the surgery. I can't argue with those talking about the potential bust of this pick but man, if he will be okay with the knee then they got a top 5 pick at 34.

Who would know best? The surgeon. Who does that surgeon work for? The Cowboys.

I stand behind the move.

Who are you?

Unlock Risen Star from your basement at once. Or I'm calling the innerweb police.

phildadon86

Reaction score
People were complaining about having holes at LB. They fill it with arguably the best player at the position, and in one year we could potentially have Luke Kuechly 2.0 and Sean Lee at LB. Think about that again.

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
so we should draft quarterbacks in the wrong spot? That doesn't work and screws you over long term.

You're the Nostradamus who says they are busts. Scouts aren't claiming anything near that. Who would you pick in the 1st? If ya got em, then what's your beef? Was okay with Ramsey too. We missed out on the top 2, skip the 2nd tiers aka Quincy Carters who have a MUCH less likely chance of succeeding, but I'm sure JG and staff have the knowledge to develop them; wait!:eek:

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Apparently, the Cowboys doctor said this kid WILL have a 10 year career. He just didn't know the exact date he would get back on the field.

I'm fine with that. This defense is more than likely some years away anyway with the potential setback Gregory and Lawrence will have with those 4 games missed.

fishspill

Reaction score
Our doctor performed the surgery. Nobody should know the medicals better than us. I know the theme will be negative with no instant impact but this could be a grand larceny type steal if he gets back 100%.

I'm not saying you should feel great about it. Just acknowledge the other side of it. It's got great bust potential. But also great boom potential.

Doctors have a fiduciary duty to their patient. Unless that surgeon is an unethical dirtbag he likely was made to release identical medical opinions to all teams. The Cowboys would have no special knowledge unless there was an ethical or HIPAA violation.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
Was Garrett clapping after the pick? Was there any high-fiving? I can just imagine Jaylon Smith getting the call. I think I can quote Jaylon Smith pretty accurately: "Are you ******* serious?"

TheHerd

Reaction score
Because it's a riskier pick and Smith is better? Pretty straightforward stuff here bud

Riskier? Jack will definitely play in this league, probably for a few years, maybe for many. Smith may never play a down. How is that less risky?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
People were complaining about having holes at LB. They fill it with arguably the best player at the position, and in one year we could potentially have Luke Kuechly 2.0 and Sean Lee at LB. Think about that again.

People don't want to wait one year though. I agree with you. But they want a immediate impact. I'm excited. I dint' think they had the balls to go this route.

LittleD

Reaction score
Why not just take Myles Jack though? I seriously hate this team

Dr. Cooper did not like the potential future for Myles Jack but, he did the surgery on Jalon and probably gave the
Team an optimistic outcome for him. Geez, if you hate the team why not join the rest of the grumblers on this board
and head over to the Deadskins board. They are looking for dummies who know it all.

J817

Reaction score
First pick is just as much for the future as it is for now.

With a 34 year old QB all of our picks need to be for the future as they are for now imo.
But digress, I don't know what they know so.......we will see