DC.COM: Blog: NFL Suspends Williams One Game For Horse-Collar

ajk23az

Through Pain Comes Clarity
Reaction score
theebs;1841151 said:
Plaxico burress horse collard Aarron glenn after an int in 05, glenn hurt his ankle and was never the same after that game, which we lost. there was never a flag or anything.

no one said anything about it.

Roy knocked two players, one being a premiere player in owens out for the season.

So he just cant do it.

Think about that again.

He came back for the Super Bowl.

texbumthelife

Reaction score
Whether the rule is stupid or not doesnt matter, it is a rule. Roy has shown a complete disreguard for the rule. He isnt being suspended for this one incident guys, he is being suspended because he has done it repeatedly. This is the next step in the discipline process.

As much as I am down on the guy right now, we need him in this defense to be succesful. He hurt his team this time with it. Drop 15lbs and get your quicks back so you arent always behind the play and maybe you could tackle without breaking a rule. Seriously, the decline continues...

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
dangerdoom;1841158 said:
Oh, I must have forgot how deadly a combination Keith Davis and Ken Hamlin would make. My mistake, my man.
It looks like Courtney Brown will get a lot of pt this week as well.

Deep_Freeze

Reaction score
theebs;1841151 said:
Plaxico burress horse collard Aarron glenn after an int in 05, glenn hurt his ankle and was never the same after that game, which we lost. there was never a flag or anything.

no one said anything about it.

Roy knocked two players, one being a premiere player in owens out for the season.

So he just cant do it.

You are making too much sense.

Stop it.

:cool:

LowTech

the most important member
Reaction score
if you don't want to get horse collared then out run the tackler........simple as that

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
air0208;1841167 said:
Think about that again.

he missed the final two games of the SEASON and the divisional and championship round of the playoffs.

You think I dont know he played in the superbowl? It was a minor miracle he did.

What if they lost in the divisional round because of it...

Deep_Freeze

Reaction score
air0208;1841167 said:
Think about that again.

Goodness, you are missing the whole point, lol. TO had to make an incredible recovery for that to happen. He has given you examples of why it is dangerous, yet you are just in denial.

Give it up.

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
Yesterday during the game Buck said they changed the rule again this year. You can't even grab the jersey anymore and pull them down.

The NFL really does make it to hard to play defense anymore. You can't hit the QB and you can't rough him up to much. Everyone is sooooo leary of being to hard on a QB now for fear of a fine and flag.

You have hall of fame QB's saying the same thing. The NFL goes to far helping out the offenses of the league. Don't get me started w/ how gentle they have to be on a WR.

How are defenses supposed to play defense anymore?

Answer: They can't.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
TVMan;1841156 said:
No.

Guys like Wilfork are trying to hurt QBs. Roy is trying to make a play. Big difference.

when u got the coach of the dallas cowboys saying roy needs to layout and wrap up instead going for a illegal move, then you know h was wrong.

its a rule, its been a rule. this just shows roy's lack of discipline. plain and simple.

ajk23az

Through Pain Comes Clarity
Reaction score
theebs;1841176 said:
he missed the final two games of the SEASON and the divisional and championship round of the playoffs.

You think I dont know he played in the superbowl? It was a minor miracle he did.

Sorry but i count the playoffs as part of the season.

What if? Are you seriously asking that? :laugh2:

What if the horsecaller rule never existed? :rolleyes:

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
dbair1967;1841163 said:
not all of us

besides, I've seen Cowboys horse collared and not get injured...if you listen to all the chicken littles you'd think everytime it happens it results in a catastrophic injury...same thing in college and high school

David

im sure theres people who wouldnt cry about it. but 99% of the ones crying in this tread that its wrong, and it shouldnt be a rule. would turn a 180 and flip that thought and scream for a big fine or a suspension if it was say tony romo?

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
LatinMind;1841182 said:
when u got the coach of the dallas cowboys saying roy needs to layout and wrap up instead going for a illegal move, then you know h was wrong.

its a rule, its been a rule. this just shows roy's lack of discipline. plain and simple.

I don't think it's that really, I think it has more to do w/ the fact that that's Roy's move, he's done it for so long that it's just 2nd nature

Wade also said that he passed up a couple of chances to horse-collar, so it doesn't look like Roy is being a rebel

Bach

Benched
Reaction score
As if Roy's play hadn't already been going downhill, just wait til he comes back. He'll be even more tentative out there trying not to get suspended again. We really need to replace him, but with the cap, we're probably stuck with him for a couple more years.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
theebs;1841176 said:

what if the price of cheese on the world market suddenly collapsed?

who cares dude

football is a violent game and injuries are a risk...they already do too much to protect players as it is...the game is being ruined by so many stupid rules...

you cant argue for this rule while they allow other more risky plays to go on untouched...and whether any of you whiners want to admit this or not, if this was anybody EXCEPT Roy Williams there would never be a rule for this, and mroe important I guarantee you we'll never see another player suspended for it, even if they get caught multiple times

David

wileedog

Reaction score
Dallas;1841180 said:
How are defenses supposed to play defense anymore?

Answer: They can't.

And the league is fine with that.

Look, if Romo blew out a knee on a horse collar tackle in week 2, our season would have ended right there. Done. Brad Johnson would not be leading comebacks against Detroit.

Its a rule. Its there to protect the premiere players in the league, because those are the guys everyone wants to watch, not the scrubs behind them in a completely watered down league. I almost have to give credit to the NFL for understanding that their own rules and expansions have led to such a difference between first and 2nd string players.

If Roy can't stop breaking a rule, no matter why it was put in place, there is no one to blame but himself.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
When you have a rule named after you.
When you are fined multiple times for breaking said rule.
When you STILL continue to break the rule.

It is time for a suspension.

It really makes no difference if the rule is stupid. It makes no difference if there should be other rules for other situations.

If you continue to break the existing rules, you get the punishment for it.

If they don't do something about it in an extreme sense for a multiple offender, does anyone think that player would quit doing it?

Sounds like he got what he deserved and it is not about just being a cowboys player. Sorry those paranoid excuses are just that...paranoid excuses.

He has been warned time and time again. He has been fined time and time again and yet the blockhead still goes out and does it again. STUPID STUPID STUPID. The stupidest part about the whole thing was that in this case he could have just tackled him like anyone else and yet he still did it.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
LatinMind;1841182 said:

no it doesnt...again he is trailing a player from behind, what the hell is he supposed to do, let him go? Let a guy run another 15-20-30+ more yds? I can just imagien the outrage some of you boneheads would have if Roy was trying to run a guy down from behind, but then made NO EFFORT WHATSOEVER to bring the guy down and after the game cited this b/s rule as the reason

you people just kill me with the idiocy of some of your arguments

David