DC.COM Blog: Source Claims Incident Involving Pacman Overblown

BehindEnemyLinez

Optimist Prime
Reaction score
Alexander;2320909 said:
What if they are just well spoken?
It depends on their appearance! If they're dressed like someone you see in a hip-hop vid w/ their pants saggin' and a big platinum & diamond chain around his neck, it wouldn't matter how "well spoken" they are, some will still see a "thug"!

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
BehindEnemyLinez;2320925 said:
It depends on their appearance! If they're dressed like someone you see in a hip-hop vid w/ their pants saggin' and a big platinum & diamond chain around his neck, it wouldn't matter how "well spoken" they are, some will still see a "thug"!

replace thug with black.

burmafrd

Reaction score
Well I would believe the source close to jones before anything BSPN spews.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Hostile;2320713 said:
Overblown?

Please, tell me who is surprised. For three years we've seen the same stuff with every move TO makes.

Oh, and regarding the mirror. If he "punched" it he'd have stitches. A mirror got broken, but they can break without being punched. Also, we don't know who broke it in the scuffle. It might have been the bodyguard. As long as he pays for it, who cares?

Is someone worried about 7 years bad luck or something? He wasn't standing under a ladder with a black cat so he's safe.

Essentially I'd agree with you if this was a player who didn't have a history of screwing up, even in minor ways.

The thing that could potentially make this worse for Jones is that he is always going to have his history follow him, while he's in the league, in regards to things like this.

Arguments, and broken property (Even just a mirror), are not really a huge deal when it's the average NFL player. But when you're a guy whose been in trouble, multiple times, and just coming off a year long suspension things are very different. You have to avoid these situations at all costs, no matter how unfair that might seem to Cowboys fans.

Kilyin

Reaction score
McCordsville Cowboy;2320693 said:
Well it means we get to see how good Mike Jenkins is and if June Jones was right...

You mean Scandrick..

Kilyin

Reaction score
Vintage;2320975 said:
no, he means what he wrote.

See how good Jenkins is and if June Jones is right...

June Jones didn't say that about Mike Jenkins, he said it about Scandrick...

Shortly after the NFL Draft, SMU coach June Jones visited Wade Phillips. And he made a bold statement ...

The Cowboys' best draft pick, Jones insisted, would be fifth guy they took. That would be Boise State CB Orlando Scandrick, whom June faced in the WAC in his days as Hawaii coach.

stealth

Benched
Reaction score
Wrangler87;2320701 said:
Just the fact that he is hanging out with thugs like Ludacris concerns me.

lol, ludicris was a DJ before he got famous, not a thug. He looks like a goofball to me.

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
Kilyin;2320983 said:
June Jones didn't say that about Mike Jenkins, he said it about Scandrick...

I know.

McCords knows too.

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
Kilyin;2320990 said:
Alright, nevermind then... not worth talking about.

... we get to see how good Mike Jenkins is (about Mike Jenkins) and if June Jones is right (about Scandrick)

Kilyin

Reaction score
Vintage;2320995 said:
... we get to see how good Mike Jenkins is (about Mike Jenkins) and if June Jones is right (about Scandrick)

Yeah, that's what I figured after thinking about it some more. Not really the best way to word it, but whatever.

Boysboy

Reaction score
You know what's good about all this controvery that pops up once in awhile? Alot of us start making our most posts here, hence our post counts start going WAY up.:cool:

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Wrangler87;2320701 said:
Just the fact that he is hanging out with thugs like Ludacris concerns me.

Wow. So misinformed.... Ludacris may be a rap star but thug he is not. Please infiorm yourself before making such a stereotypical comment. :rolleyes: Now if you had said "Just the fact that he is hanging out with thugs that would undoubtedly be in attendance enjoying the Ludacris concert concerns me" then you might have been a little closer to the point but still vastly stereotypical...