Video: DC: Dak Prescott: Turn The Page, Full Interview

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Are you just intentionally being obtuse?

No...when you put a legit #1 out there...all of the other guys fell into their roles better. Defenses also had to change to reflect that threat.

If you recall...i was beating a drum every week that year saying our weapons were terrible and defenses we taking them away by crowding the run and manning up our "threats" that they couldn't win.

We add Cooper and we are #1 offense in NFL with the same QB you were mantraing "can't get 200 yards" blah blah blah with the rest of the CZ Qb "Experts"

I was right again. I don't know when you guys are going to realize i know wth i am talking about.

lol...when someone says something like this above they are only trying to convince themselves.

Ken

Reaction score
so in your expert opinion Hurns, Williams and Swaim were better than what we had during Carter time? really!!!

and you dismiss the fact that when we added Cooper. we had the #1 offense in the league and went 7-1.....hmmmm
Well...you have to understand....by adding one guy that tipped the talent in Dak's favor and now we MUST discount everything he does thereafter bc "ELITE"

I don't understand this paradigm but they seem to lol

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
That's crap lol.. Romo went through the same thing though he was more embarrassing on the field than Dak was. Imagine a guy coming off his best season as a pro and leading his team to 11 wins and someone thinking its "embarassing"......just ridiculous lol. And did it with a "bad OC", "Bad coach and "bad RB".

Romo = deflection, you do this all the time! lol. The defense led this team to 11 wins, not Dak. Dak was given multiple opportunities in games to try and score. If not for this years defense the team might have been a 7 or 8 win team, you know just as well as I do.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I would have to go back and see the entire play but I am not seeing anything wrong here.

For context, go back and watch mahomes whirl around for 10 seconds before getting sacked multiple times this past weekend.

Thanks.

Mahomes = another deflection. I though this was about Dak?

Ken

Reaction score
Mahomes = another deflection. I though this was about Dak?
Well...i wanted to show a relevant example of this past weekend from one of the heroes of the CZ Qb "Experts" brigade that actually showed the things they are accusing Dak of in a clipped vid.

Not that hard.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
He wasn’t technically better. Defenses hasn’t figured out you could just sit on the outside routes of Beasley, meaning they basically figured out Linehan’s offense, which is why he completely sucked in 2017, running basically running the same offense.

The record was better, but Dak surely wasn’t. If anything credit Linehan for building an offense that year that maximized the personnel. But then Linehan got fired for the QB who was responsible for dumbing it down to the extent the formula in 2016 won games against garbage teams.

Dak completely sucked against good defenses like the Giants snd Vikings that year which exposed the same issues he has always had.

Dak is better now that he ever was. He’s still not even close to good enough.
credit Linehan LOL...that's when you lose credibility too funny

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
And yet they throw it so much and he still sucks on third and long, to the tune of the worst in the league and he sucks in the red zone.

Then you blame Moore for not being able to average 6 YPC with his RG, for Dak sucking.

No, you blame the OC, because you are a full fledged Dak-Stan that makes excuses for the scrub. You blame the OC who can be a lot better, but not the guy actually throwing the football..

You know maybe the QB is ‘just predictable’, because his skills sets are completely limited.
he sucks in redzone...but stats say otherwise. or is this an eye test?

2021 Red Zone Passing Stats | Pro-Football-Reference.com

NFL Redzone Stats: Leaders (lineups.com)

at least do some research so you can argue your points...making up stuff doesn't make you look good (you already don't)

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Notice the words consistently in Linehan’s offense. Linehan was here for three years. And no, this struggle passing for over 200 years didn’t just happen on 2018. Dak carried it through from 2017 onwards, which is what “every” article and their mother were talking about when they were comparing him to Quincy Carter, which my phrasing and countless posts on this subject stated.

Like I said, you don’t know what you are even talking about, you are so rabid to defend your boy Dak against any of the actual facts I state. Like I say you read my posts like your boy reads defenses.
I think you are being a little obtuse.

no one claims that Dak is elite (ok, maybe a few but most have said otherwise). you keep harping on him not being like rodgers or brady and blame him for that...why? it makes no sense. those guys are elite and Dak is not.

everyone has said that he needs support for him to be able to be good and be able to perform.

we have seen as much.

so what's your point again? you make less sense with every post. you act more frustrated and desparate. I mean you really had to reach deep and pull out Quincy Carter...really!!?? really!!? you went there!!!

I think you are lost. you have confused yourself. you have spun yourself into something that you don't even know any more.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Well...i wanted to show a relevant example of this past weekend from one of the heroes of the CZ Qb "Experts" brigade that actually showed the things they are accusing Dak of in a clipped vid.

Not that hard.

But, showing something that someone else did does not excuse what Dak does. That is what a lot of you guys do...deflect and compare and that is not logical because of all the different circumstances, and you know that because you said you were smart. Mahomes did run around for 10 seconds but that does not give credence to Dak holding the ball to long.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Dak-stans literally blamed Collins on this play, not the slow reading of the field and horrible pocket presence, despite all the time he had.
I am not going to argue until we see the whole field and see the play starting from the snap. showing the last couple of seconds before collins tackled him doesn't really show the play....

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
lol

You have approximately 50,000 more posts on this very topic than I do. Post after post after post in thread after thread after thread. I'll give you that you've been pretty quiet the last couple weeks.... LOL

You are right about one thing.... you really can't make this up.

lol
dak lives in his head rent free. I bet Dak is the last thing he thinks about before he falls sleep and the first thing that comes to his mind when he wakes up...pathetic life

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
what is our alternative? what does the Dak bashing accomplish? enlighten us....

What does defending Dak's shortcommings accomplish? enlighten us is right. Our alternative? Well, for me I guess to just stay out of these convos. lol

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
So you get paid like Dak yo be mediocre at your job? What did I change? You can go back in fact to my second post in this thread that specifically outlines exactly what I stated, which the post you quoted from follows later which was also right and doesn’t say what you claim it did.
his first 4 years he didn't get paid....so is that mean he played above his pay? and if cost is a measure of expectations, then why do you bash him so much about his first 4 years?

you cornered yourself on this one

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
So when Dak gets to three SBs and at minimum an AFC conference championship every year he’s been starter in the league, then “for context” we can go back to Dak being compared to Mahomes? How about that?
that's the fairest thing you have said so far in your 59,432 Dak comments..... yes, Dak is not Mahomes.

Ken

Reaction score
But, showing something that someone else did does not excuse what Dak does. That is what a lot of you guys do...deflect and compare and that is not logical because of all the different circumstances, and you know that because you said you were smart. Mahomes did run around for 10 seconds but that does not give credence to Dak holding the ball to long.
Well...when you compare it to 10 seconds of running around like a chicken with it's head cutoff....then take the sack...by mr. ELITE himself...

I thought that would recalibrate your ridiculous analysis of a ridiculous play.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Well...when you compare it to 10 seconds of running around like a chicken with it's head cutoff....then take the sack...by mr. ELITE himself...

I thought that would recalibrate your ridiculous analysis of a ridiculous play.

lol...I have no friggen clue what you are trying to convey what I said. I'm not as smart as you, I guess. But, I did notice a little "triggered" from your post. Slow down, dog...you don't want to pop a blood vessel.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
What does defending Dak's shortcommings accomplish? enlighten us is right. Our alternative? Well, for me I guess to just stay out of these convos. lol
who is defending the short comings? when someone puts out pure BS, made up stuff. they get corrected.

I have said many times over, he is what he is. we have what we have, we can't move on from Dak for another 2 years, maybe three.

so what can be done to make the team better. alternatives at QB? there isn't any. lets start there.

so we look back at what made the team successful, what made us better? it was when we had a better running game, which came with a bette OL. we saw the running game suffer, not because of Dak, but the OL play diminished. so we need to rebuild the OL. we need to get back to motion offense, where we had success. Moore started to show tendencies and his offense became easier to defend. now most Dak haters, one singularly place all, 100% blame on Dak, if that makes them feel better, then by all means do to your hearts content, let us know if that made you feel better

but facts are, that any person who has slightest understanding of cowboys football, it wasn't 100% dak, it was others who had a hand in the debacle. Dak carried most of the blame. But moore had his faults too. we used least motion pre-snap in our running game. our blocking scheme was predictable and teams picked up on that. Moore never adjusted. his play calling became predictable, that made it difficult for the WR to get open or be in open spots on the field. againt AZ he called a 4 WR hook route at about the same depth. in other plays I saw corners sitting 15 yard deep waiting for the go route and lo' and behold it was a go route....the OL pass blocking diminished, thus they often rushed with 4, dropped 7 into zone and Dak had trouble against the zone.

so to fix this team, we need to fix the middle of the OL. perhaps in draft and FA. refocus on running game given Dak was better out of play action than other play calls. fixing the OL, would force teams to bring more to generate a pass rush, perhaps blitz more, where Dak had success against the blitz. Moore needs to go back to the drawing table, and Jerry needs to Allow MM to help him in play design and play call. boy genius is not really a genuis.

we also need to continue to focus on defense, specially DT and need another LB and saftey...a better defense will only help the offense by giving them shorter fields.

oh, I also think we should draft a QB, in at least the 3rd and 4th rounds, as I think first two rounds we should focus on DL and OL depending on players available. I really would love to land one of the top centers in the draft.

perhaps then we can have some success and continue it into post season.

but go ahead, bash Dak and feel better.....