Video: DC: Dak Prescott: Turn The Page, Full Interview

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Speak for yourself. He is what he is. He's not a young player still developing. This is prime Prescott. It gets no better than this.

I have no hope in him whatsoever.
Waaaaaa

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
But again, he just started racking up meaningless stats when Moore became the OC. Before that, he couldn’t even notch over 200 yards passing consistently in a Linehan offense. This guy has never ran an offense where the game is complete red centered around elite skills, like Herbert.

If anything, the guy everybody is blaming now contributed to his stat-padding.
ok, no one denies that..

what's your point?

or is your point to just bash dak incessentaly. and no other point!!!

I am sure you won't answer as you have been avoiding it....

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Dak is never in a slump.....
This is the player's caliber and talent level.
As a Tier 3 QB surrounded with numerous talent around him he will have great stat games against dog teams like the NFC East and folks run to declare his greatness.
Tier 3 and it's not changing as you cannot coach a player to obtain God-given TALENT!!!!
oookkk then

now what?

Ken

Reaction score
But again, he just started racking up meaningless stats when Moore became the OC. Before that, he couldn’t even notch over 200 yards passing consistently in a Linehan offense. This guy has never ran an offense where the game is complete red centered around elite skills, like Herbert.

If anything, the guy everybody is blaming now contributed to his stat-padding.
He averaged 242 ypg in 2018 under linehan. Won a playoff game too.

He struggled to hit 200 yards in 2018 until they added Coop. That is the accurate statement.

What is sooooo funny about your ANALysis is, you are wrong in your statement about struggling to get 200 yards per game but you are also COMPLETELY wrong in having an offense built around what Dak does. The offense Kellen put in put the whole offense on his back. Whatever the hell "complete red centered around ELITE skills" means, i haven't the foggiest.

Dak led our team, that is competely built on his shoulders especially with the fall of Zeke, to the highest scoring all time and the #1 offense in the league.

Only in your WARPED view, is Dak bus driving this offense. LOL.

Ken

Reaction score
In reality, Dak has always been Dak. The fact of the matter is this was Dak’s BEST YEAR a a QB, so if you were high on him as a real Dak fan, you should be high on him now. So those QB fan analysts that were “high on him” before but are not sold on him now, are just trying to save face as the excuses for Dak are wearing thin to even many of his most ardent defenders.

The same criticisms about Dak from all his previous years by the critics continued to apply to him now. All his improvement in the skills he was already good at, don’t compensate for the issues that make him just your everyday nothing spectacular QB, whose inability to be a real pocket passer and reading the field as well as anticipating and throwing to WRs was always there, including in his shouting profile as well as his inconsistent and at times, awful pocket presence that has always limited him. In reality, the personnel talent that surrounded him, the OL especially, has masked his weaknesses to a degree since he stepped on the field as a professional QB. If he was drafted in the first round by a scrub franchise, meaning expected to be the savior, he would have arguably lasted around the same time as a Trubisky or Tyron Taylor as a starter period.

This isn’t Dak running a Garrett Coryell offense. This is Dak running an offense tailored to him for six years that was heavily dependent on play-action and spread concepts to make it easier for Dak to see the field, while he had the best OL in football. Even guys like Witten and Jimmy Johnson would say Dak is an early progression QB. Now with guys like Kurt Warner doing videos, you see these type of issues clearly.
Can you do me a favor? Start your fantasy posts with "Once upon a time, in a far off land..."

Your complete fabrications sound wonderful until you actually look into them. Then it is like... :facepalm:

"Dak running an offense tailored to him for six years"

LOL. So wait...i just saw you say that he doesn't have an offense built around him, now you are saying it is built around him??? But but but....Spread concepts to make it easier for him!

Lordy...yes...an offense build around Dak and "spread concepts" was #1 in the NFL and set all kinds of Cowboys records. Why do you still post?:lmao2::lmao2:

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score

He struggled to hit 200 yards in 2018 until they added Coop. That is the accurate statement.

What is sooooo funny about your ANALysis is, you are wrong in your statement about struggling to get 200 yards per game but you are also COMPLETELY wrong in having an offense built around what Dak does. The offense Kellen put in put the whole offense on his back. Whatever the hell "complete red centered around ELITE skills" means, i haven't the foggiest.

Dak led our team, that is competely built on his shoulders especially with the fall of Zeke, to the highest scoring all time and the #1 offense in the league.

well, to be fair as my interest is for what's best for the team. prior to coop we had rookie Gallup in his first 8 games, a 3rd rounder at the time and didn't start until mid season, Allen Hurns and Williams were starters Jarwin and Swaim as the TE (OMG)...not exactly who is who of NFL recievers. After we got Coop Dallas offense was #1 for the last 8 games of the season and went 7-1....

you have to understan @khiladi. he absolutely hates Dak and his only goal is to just bash him. he has never been able to explain why he incessently bashes Dak and the goal/reasons behind it. he also tends to really exagerate things.

to your point he didn't hit 200 in 4 out of first 8 games. but then again Hurns and Williams...

in last 8 games he had one game he didn't get to 200. a win over Tampa where he had 80% completion rate....

but to his misguided point, yes Dak wasn't central point of offense and was a bus driver in 2016...a rookie 4th rounder, so lets fault him for that and in 2017 he struggled. no denying that.....

Reactions: Ken

Ken

Reaction score
well, to be fair as my interest is for what's best for the team. prior to coop we had rookie Gallup in his first 8 games, a 3rd rounder at the time and didn't start until mid season, Allen Hurns and Williams were starters Jarwin and Swaim as the TE (OMG)...not exactly who is who of NFL recievers. After we got Coop Dallas offense was #1 for the last 8 games of the season and went 7-1....

you have to understan @khiladi. he absolutely hates Dak and his only goal is to just bash him. he has never been able to explain why he incessently bashes Dak and the goal/reasons behind it. he also tends to really exagerate things.

to your point he didn't hit 200 in 4 out of first 8 games. but then again Hurns and Williams...

in last 8 games he had one game he didn't get to 200. a win over Tampa where he had 80% completion rate....

but to his misguided point, yes Dak wasn't central point of offense and was a bus driver in 2016...a rookie 4th rounder, so lets fault him for that and in 2017 he struggled. no denying that.....
Exactly.

He really thinks Dak is still the 4th round rookie that was thrown to the wolves not completely ready.

If you ask him...Big Ben ran the same offense as a rookie as he ran in his 10th year in the league...lol

khiladi

Reaction score
Can you do me a favor? Start your fantasy posts with "Once upon a time, in a far off land..."

Your complete fabrications sound wonderful until you actually look into them. Then it is like... :facepalm:

"Dak running an offense tailored to him for six years"

LOL. So wait...i just saw you say that he doesn't have an offense built around him, now you are saying it is built around him??? But but but....Spread concepts to make it easier for him!

Lordy...yes...an offense build around Dak and "spread concepts" was #1 in the NFL and set all kinds of Cowboys records. Why do you still post?:lmao2::lmao2:

You already proved you don’t read correctly when it comes to blind and rabid defense of our mediocre QB. I’ve said he’s been baby-sat and had an offense tailored for him for years, which is why terms such as “Dak-friendly” offense were invented.

And if we have the number 1 offense in the NFL because of an offense tailored for him, why are you constantly blaming Moore and the RG and WRs and every other excuse but “the Chosen One”?

khiladi

Reaction score

So basically, you confirmed exactly what I stated, which is Dak struggled to put up 200 yards consistently, setting Cowboys records on par to Quincy Carter in futility, with a much better roster in facf until Amari Cooper came and rescued him by telling him to stop being so blind, because Schwartz is having his CBs sitting on routes with no safety over the top, so just throw a go route, because I’m wide open?

Thanks.. So basically Dak just does what backup QBs like Cooper Rush do without starting a single game in 4 years, getting the ball to Amari 8 times for 120 yards and the game winning TD..

khiladi

Reaction score
The Dak we have today has not always been the Dak we've had. Rookie Dak was better and the results proved it. Sure it had a great deal to do with his supporting cast and coaching staff but he won 13 of 16 games then, while today he can only manage 12 wins in 17 games. He's clearly not the same Dak. This suggests to me if you improve his supporting cast and coaching staff, you improve Dak and yet the plan seems to be to bring everyone back from the previous season.

He wasn’t technically better. Defenses hasn’t figured out you could just sit on the outside routes of Beasley, meaning they basically figured out Linehan’s offense, which is why he completely sucked in 2017, running basically running the same offense.

The record was better, but Dak surely wasn’t. If anything credit Linehan for building an offense that year that maximized the personnel. But then Linehan got fired for the QB who was responsible for dumbing it down to the extent the formula in 2016 won games against garbage teams.

Dak completely sucked against good defenses like the Giants snd Vikings that year which exposed the same issues he has always had.

Dak is better now that he ever was. He’s still not even close to good enough.

Ken

Reaction score
You already proved you don’t read correctly when it comes to blind and rabid defense of our mediocre QB. I’ve said he’s been baby-sat and had an offense tailored for him for years, which is why terms such as “Dak-friendly” offense were invented.

And if we have the number 1 offense in the NFL because of an offense tailored for him, why are you constantly blaming Moore and the RG and WRs and every other excuse but “the Chosen One”?
EVeRY qb in nfl has an offense tailored to what they do best. You think you are making some sort of point by saying that lol.

#1 offense with an offense built around him. An offense that sees him throw it 600 times.

SOMEHOW.... inexplicably....you try and make this a negative.

Maybe the Giants should have run the same offense around Jones....ya know...since it is remedial....lol

I blame the coordinator bc he can be a LOT better. He can help his qb by playing the more explosive back at least in a 60/40 split....even leaving the gimp in 60% if it makes him feel better. 90/10 was just ridiculous. He can help the qb by not being completely predictable. He can help his qb by scheming to get their best players open more and involved in the game instead of 100% random.

khiladi

Reaction score
EVeRY qb in nfl has an offense tailored to what they do best. You think you are making some sort of point by saying that lol.

#1 offense with an offense built around him. An offense that sees him throw it 600 times.

SOMEHOW.... inexplicably....you try and make this a negative.

Maybe the Giants should have run the same offense around Jones....ya know...since it is remedial....lol

I blame the coordinator bc he can be a LOT better. He can help his qb by playing the more explosive back at least in a 60/40 split....even leaving the gimp in 60% if it makes him feel better. 90/10 was just ridiculous. He can help the qb by not being completely predictable. He can help his qb by scheming to get their best players open more and involved in the game instead of 100% random.

And yet they throw it so much and he still sucks on third and long, to the tune of the worst in the league and he sucks in the red zone.

Then you blame Moore for not being able to average 6 YPC with his RG, for Dak sucking.

No, you blame the OC, because you are a full fledged Dak-Stan that makes excuses for the scrub. You blame the OC who can be a lot better, but not the guy actually throwing the football..

You know maybe the QB is ‘just predictable’, because his skills sets are completely limited.

Ken

Reaction score
So basically, you confirmed exactly what I stated, which is Dak struggled to put up 200 yards consistently, setting Cowboys records on par to Quincy Carter in futility, with a much better roster in facf until Amari Cooper came and rescued him by telling him to stop being so blind, because Schwartz is having his CBs sitting on routes with no safety over the top, so just throw a go route, because I’m wide open?

Thanks.. So basically Dak just does what backup QBs like Cooper Rush do without starting a single game in 4 years, getting the ball to Amari 8 times for 120 yards and the game winning TD..
Are you just intentionally being obtuse?

No...when you put a legit #1 out there...all of the other guys fell into their roles better. Defenses also had to change to reflect that threat.

If you recall...i was beating a drum every week that year saying our weapons were terrible and defenses we taking them away by crowding the run and manning up our "threats" that they couldn't win.

We add Cooper and we are #1 offense in NFL with the same QB you were mantraing "can't get 200 yards" blah blah blah with the rest of the CZ Qb "Experts"

I was right again. I don't know when you guys are going to realize i know wth i am talking about.

khiladi

Reaction score
Are you just intentionally being obtuse?

No...when you put a legit #1 out there...all of the other guys fell into their roles better. Defenses also had to change to reflect that threat.

If you recall...i was beating a drum every week that year saying our weapons were terrible and defenses we taking them away by crowding the run and manning up our "threats" that they couldn't win.

We add Cooper and we are #1 offense in NFL with the same QB you were mantraing "can't get 200 yards" blah blah blah with the rest of the CZ Qb "Experts"

I was right again. I don't know when you guys are going to realize i know wth i am talking about.

And yet, you are telling us Cooper sucks to defend your boy. Now Dak supposedly not only doesn’t have enough weapons, it’s the OCs fault. And BTW, we still sucked in 2018, because exactly like I said, Dak’s numbers shot up in man and actually got worse with zone. Why do you think we got shut out by the Colts?

Like I said, you are just a typical Dak-Stan that can’t read properly, reading like dude reads defenses.

Ken

Reaction score

This is what you said:

"Before that, he couldn’t even notch over 200 yards passing consistently in a Linehan offense"

Then i showed that he avg 242 yards under Line...

If you would have said...he struggled to hit 200 yards a game for a few games with guys miscast in roles...i would agree with that.

khiladi

Reaction score
This is what you said:

"Before that, he couldn’t even notch over 200 yards passing consistently in a Linehan offense"

Then i showed that he avg 242 yards under Line...

If you would have said...he struggled to hit 200 yards a game for a few games with guys miscast in roles...i would agree with that.

Notice the words consistently in Linehan’s offense. Linehan was here for three years. And no, this struggle passing for over 200 years didn’t just happen on 2018. Dak carried it through from 2017 onwards, which is what “every” article and their mother were talking about when they were comparing him to Quincy Carter, which my phrasing and countless posts on this subject stated.

Like I said, you don’t know what you are even talking about, you are so rabid to defend your boy Dak against any of the actual facts I state. Like I say you read my posts like your boy reads defenses.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
You of all people......
You are a prime example of what i'm talking about. You offer absolutely NOTHING. I make a generic statement about how this site is unbearable at times when it comes to Dak and here comes the guy telling on himself who participates in the tomfoolery. You really can't make this up lol.