Twitter: DE Kony Ealy to Visit Cowboys

kskboys

Reaction score
it was much better than good. We had a great front 7.

ware-glover-ferguson-canty-ratliff-ellis-coleman-spears-Hatcher.

in the next few years they added Spencer, stephen bowen
04 is the year it was much better than good.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Nope, im not at all.
Pats traded for Ealy from the Panthers in the last year of his deal. Moved down from their 2nd round pick to the Panthers 3rd to obtain him.

In my comment you replied to I even stated the Pats dealt for him, not drafted him.

Everyone bashed the front office for not trading for him, given our 2nd was better than the Pats so they would have taken our offer over the Pats.
You are a lot more gracious than I would have been in the same situation.

Cowboys22

Reaction score

kskboys

Reaction score
huh?

well have a nice day.
03, rather. We had the #1 D in the NFL.

We did get up to #9 in 09, and it was a good D, but the DL was decent, not great. Spears was a traffic cone.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Yes. Right now, our ends are Lawrence, Charlton, Datone Jones, Crawford, Tapper and possibly Gregory.

Crawford has primarily played end out of necessity and we can't count on Gregory being allowed to play. Jones seemed to be an OK addition, but Tapper hasn't been able to stay healthy, so that's maybe three we can count on, four if we have to rely on Crawford.

Frankly, if Collins ends up being our starting 1-tech, I'd prefer that Crawford rotate inside. If we make no additions, Crawford could play end on some run downs, though, if Tapper doesn't come on. Collins could also receive some playing time at 3-tech, being spelled at 1-tech by Price and/or Ash.

We're deep at DE as it is. I see 3 starters in Lawrence, Taco, and Crawford. Then Tapper, Jones, and maybe Gregory. Are they giving up on Tapper?

Is Ealy the Mayowa replacement? Better size as the backup for Lawrence at least. He is still young. Could give him a contract similar to Mayowa, where we get his rights for a few years. But I don't see much point in a 1 year deal, unless we've given up on Tapper.

Ealy is interesting as a top round retread who didn't pan out at other places. I guess even despite the crowd. Looks like the Cowboys might be trying to get some options so they can think about letting Lawrence walk.

Crawford rotating inside on passing downs is likely. I'd hope that Taco can become a 3 down player. I don't like Crawford's lack of speed at the edge, although putting Jaylon at SLB should help cover the right edge better than last year.

Gameover

Reaction score
Deal been in the works?

Tweet from three days ago...

@KonyEaly94 stopped by to eat a few chicken wings with me today. Sounds like he’s poised to be a Dallas Cowboy soon.

Cowboys22

Reaction score
Deal been in the works?

@KonyEaly94 stopped by to eat a few chicken wings with me today. Sounds like he’s poised to be a Dallas Cowboy soon.

They had to make sure one of their remaining free agents signed first.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Deal been in the works?

Mmm... I'm in the mood for some wangs...