Twitter: DE Kony Ealy to Visit Cowboys

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
does it? Out of all the teams that run a 4-3, he ranks above Vinny Curry, Derrick Shelby, Alex Oakafor (tied actually), Robert Ayers (replaced by Vinny Curry), Andre Branch (tied as well), Jerry Hughes and Mario Edwards. So, out of the 17 or so teams, he's in a 3 way tie for 12th best. And to make matters worset, his $9.1 million dollar cap hit is more than all of them except Jerry Hughes and Andre Branch.
6m is a bargain for TCrawford

Jumbo075

Reaction score
The fact Ealy has been in "negotiations" with the Jets and yet still decided to visit the Cowboys bodes well for us. Maybe Dallas can't offer him a huge contract, but there's a chance to blow him away with the incredible facility at the Star. And that does make a difference.

Ealy is still young, and while he doesn't have the sack numbers fans like, he'd be an excellent rotation man in this scheme. I'm really liking what Dallas is doing this year in free agency, but I've learned not to get too carried away.

It's not just that. The Jets played him out of position as either a 3-4 OLB or 3-4DE. Ealy had his best years in Carolina as a 4-3DE. If he ever wants a big payoff, he needs to get back to playing his natural position as a 4-3DE. That, more than $$$, may be why he's been slow to resign with the Jets. That, and being on a losing team.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
I guess I'm dense, because I don't see the value in throw-away snide comments like this one. (And I'm not meaning to single McKDaddy out specifically, because there are many, many comments from others just like this. He's just the target of opportunity here.) I suppose this is to signal to other commentors how "cool" you are because you dislike Garrett, also. But even reading this comment makes me feel like I'm a voyeur to some ridiculous circle-jerk, that never seems to end on Forum Boards like this one.

Do you REALLY get pleasure from making inane comments like this? What is your personal payoff? Seriously, I don't understand.

I'm not above a little back-and-forth with another poster. So, I'd get it if you were making a snide comment directly to a person, either to get under their skin to tick them off, or because you just don't like them, or just because you have a history with someone, and are having a little fun.

But Garrett is never going to look at a comment Board like this one. He'd be insane to expose himself to that kind of abuse. So I don't understand the value in making snide remarks about Garrett (or Jerry or Stephen or Dez or Dak or Romo or Witten, etc., etc.) to strangers on a comment board. You're not providing more information. Their is no value to your contribution to the conversation.

Obviously, there is SOMETHING that the hundreds of guys who spend 98% of their time making comments like this one get out of doing it. Because they are both abundant in number, and prolific in their comments. But I honestly don't understand it. I mean, it's not just mental masturbation, because these posters get together and make comment after comment together, like their having some big mental orgy, or something. That's why I refer to it as a circle-jerk. I suppose that if that is how you have your fun...whatever. But it's pretty disgusting to watch, from my POV.
How was it snide in any way??

Another poster said Ealy had adopted the cowboy free agency philosophy of sitting back. Wouldn't it then be logical that he had been convinced that free agency was a process? Who is the prince of process? Thus, he's already been won over. all that is left is to sign the contract.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
If Ealy can do better than any of those unproven guys, then so be it. We need a consistent pass rusher and I don't care where it comes from. I think this has much less to do with Lawrence and a lot to do with our lack of proven pass rushers.

I came around to Ealy while writing my post. We have lots of uncertainties on the dline. Another rushman is a good idea. As long as we don't spend too much.

armadillooutlaw

Reaction score
Besides maybe 2015 we have not had a stable of quality ends in how long?
Sign Ealy, add him to what we already have
and roll with a rotation of:
Lawrence/Craw/Taco/Ealy.
Provided Lawrence stays healthy and
Taco develops, each one of those are quality pieces they can rotate and have fresh for the 4th quarter.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Reminder to keep it civil ladies and germs.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm wondering if hen had to switch from 4-3 DE to 3-4 OLB when he went to the Jets. that may explain the sack drop off

Buzzbait

Reaction score
I've also been a fan of his for a while. I'm still surprised that he was never able to follow up on that MVP caliber performance in the Super Bowl.

If nothing else, I think he would be an upgrade over Benson Mayowa.

Yeah I'd like to see the Boys give Ealy a shot. He'd definitely be an upgrade over Mayowa.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
I liked this if it were a few years ago!!

But proven vet, can play in this league. So wouldn’t be mad about it at all! Cannot expect more out of a guy around this time in free agency with what we would pay him

Huge fan of his coming out of mizzou
Back when he was drafted..

the Cowboys had a lot of interest in him.

Obviously still do.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
I like Ealy, he always has a high motor and even though he aint the best pass rusher anymore, he is very active getting his hands up to block passes. He doesn't take downs off, even if he is getting blocked up front pretty well, he just keeps fighting.

This would be an excellent signing....................Beast approves:thumbup:

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah I'd like to see the Boys give Ealy a shot. He'd definitely be an upgrade over Mayowa.

I would too, but the more I read about him, the more of a "Damontre Moore vibe" I'm getting. He may have a bit of an attitude problem that has led to him bouncing around the league. I'm still willing to give the guy an opportunity, but I want a deal that allows the team to walk away easily if things go south

Hadenough

Reaction score
Everyone here waa bashing the front office bad when the Pats dealt for Kony and we didnt. He was cut shortly after.

I want depth at the edge positions, but I would prefer a trade for Kevin Dodd or Nate Orchard, or bringing Mayowa back at a reduced salary.

Kony did lead all DL in batted passes last year I believe, so between him and Irving we could more PDs on the Dline than the secondary lmao
My question is why did the Pats let him go? And why was Carolina so eager to trade him?