News: DE Sam Williams arrested Sunday on controlled substance, weapons charges

Gambit

Reaction score
Pass rush candidates: Lawrence, Armstrong, Fowler, Parsons, LVE will be used, as will safeties like Wilson.
I was only half joking lol.
The bigger issue is, IF Sam Williams misses time, who is the run stop at edge? It certainly hurts depth there for sure if he misses time. But it also opens doors for Land and possibly Wheat to land a spot on roster.

Dallasfann

Reaction score
Yes, stupid human beings at that. Unfortunately most of us were young and dumb at one time. These guys are paid handsomely and worshiped, consequently they must uphold a higher standard. Sam had the potential for a break out this year too.
You're right his career is over. Carrying a gun and having a drug that 99% of NFL players take is going to ruin it for him. You people are what's wrong with this country. Guilty until proven innocent.

BigCowboysHomer

Reaction score
I would think a permit to carry and having the weapon registered are basic law compliance.

It’s a misdemeanor to carry a gun while also in possession of an illegal controlled substance. The gun by itself could be registered to him and it wouldn’t matter.

I haven’t but the gun could also not be registered, stolen then he bought it not knowing, who knows. I would think for a misdemeanor, it wasn’t registered; otherwise, it would have been a felony.
Texas, like most states, does not have gun registration.

Q: I just moved to Texas, do I have to register my firearms?
A: No, there is no state registration of firearms.

https://www.texasgunlaws.org/

quickccc

Reaction score
(sigh) ..The trend and history continues .

... every freakin' year we just have to have some kind of distractions per arrest or suspensions !!

:banghead:

MikeB80

Reaction score
So..So dumb. I wish an astroid just ended this. We have come as far as we were supposed to go. The human race is so stupid.
i agree, making weapons to kill each other is and was pretty stupid.

Hard to convince billy bob and betty sue though, they all need 50 guns to protect themselves and also to take on the us military in the suburbs.

pansophy

Reaction score
Those pesky “character issues” raise their ugly heads.

Stop wasting draft picks on immaturity projects.
This is why we haven't won a super bowl in 25 years -- Jerry is trying to build the most talented roster in the salary cap era by taking high-risk reward players. Invariably some percentage of these are off the field for behavior or injury reasons and we don't have sufficient depth so there is a big dropoff.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Wouldn't be a Cowboys offseason without the annual arrest of some sort.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
It really boggles my mind how these young athletes can never seem to do enough to gain the validation they need to just be content.

MikeB80

Reaction score
and another thing I am sick of seeing these dumb smoke shops and vape shops every block all over..

so I say life in jail if caught with a vape pen like williams.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
i sure hope so. These gun toting morons need to be taught a lesson.
Come on now. It’s Texas. My main point would be that the league will be really harsh given it’s the Cowboys. That said Williams is a dummy.