News: DE Sam Williams arrested Sunday on controlled substance, weapons charges

Pass2Run

Reaction score
I thought everybody loved carrying guns in Texas. Also weed is nothing. Whatever.
For some time, weed was pretty much legal here unless it was over a certain amount. Because hemp and other cannabinoids are legal. They didn't have enough testing facilities to spend time on weed, and you'd have to test to see if it was marijuana or hemp... Not sure if that changed, or if he had more than the threshold amount.

Either way, that didn't take long.

rambo2

Reaction score
I wonder if Jerry will educate us about THC and Texas law at his next interview? Throw in a slide show about guns and driving 120 mph in the metroplex.

JayFord

Reaction score
Its just the same with this team

Make progress look like youll be a core piece then get arrested

Rinse and repeat

DAL1180

Reaction score
This blows, but some of you guys are acting like he murdered someone or beat up a kid.
Weed and carrying a gun. Did he shoot anyone with that gun? We had a head coach carry a gun into an airport - remember that?? Remember the crap Michael Irvin got caught for?

Look, he is a knucklehead, but this one act does not make him a bad person, what did you guys do in your early 20s? He is a young kid, and he can learn from this.
And, there is no way that you can see that he is a wasted pick just from this. It will be a short suspension, and the kid has all of the talent in the world. Besides Micah, he might be the most athletically gifted person on our team.
But young or not he knows that what he is doing is against the law. Doesn't matter if he agrees with said laws or not. Being young doesn't make you above the law. And we continue to see more and more of this in society as a whole.

Mr_437

Reaction score
If it is registered to him, no doubt, it isn't. TEXAS!

"Nothing wrong with weed" Are you sure? Would you let your 5-year-old kid smoke it?? Of course you wouldn't! Weed makes people do stupid things. Not all, because we all know drugs effects each one of us differently. I got lost in a Sinaloan jungle back in 1978 when I was 11 years old and didn't find my way out of it until 1993. I think I smoked half that jungle in that time. I know for a fact what weed does to the brain when you're a habitual smoker. I was a F up for all that time. Several of my friends who didn't stop have mental disorders, like Paranoid Schizophrenia, Bipolar, Depression, etc. Several of my other friends who stopped a long time ago are all fine. Their brain cells slowly but surely regenerated after quitting. Hanging around in the housing projects here in San Antonio, I saw firsthand what weed does to the underdeveloped brain. So it's dangerous to go around saying that there is NOTHING wrong with weed. smh
Do we let 5 y.o. drink alcohol?
Cool story, my fault for thinking I didn't have to put out disclaimers to grown ups. It's not dangerous what I say, there are also ppl with Parkinson's and other diseases that benefit from weed. If a person doesn't have discernment about weed that's on them, but the plant is fine.

stiletto

Reaction score
Didn't he also get a reckless driving not too long ago? Seems like an idiot.

ESisback

Reaction score
Just in time! The inevitable suspension will weaken our pass rush JUST ENOUGH to enable Aaron Rodgers to flourish in game 2!

JIMMYBUFFETT

Skinwalker
Reaction score
Did he have a license for the weapon what are the laws in Texas about weed
No need for a license here. You can walk into an Academy with proper ID, take the background check, and walk out 30 minutes later with a gun. You can even wear it openly Old West style on your hip if you want to.

Marijuana is illegal in Texas. Cops are normally lenient with small amounts.

Concentrates, wax, shatter, vapes, etc.., are considered controlled substances here and a felony that cops have very little leniency with.

I've got a friend from New Mexico who's 19 year old daughter and her best friend went backpacking in Big Bend NP (on my recommendation :( ) and on their way back got searched at a Border Patrol check point. They had 1 THC vape between the two of them and were both arrested on felony possession charges, car impounded, and incarcerated in the El Paso County Detention Facility. They bought the vape legally in New Mexico and were arrested 4 days layer for having it illegally in Texas.

Yoshimitsu

Lurch
Reaction score
I think they should be able to carry them on the field. You never know when they might need to fire a shot.
That's your problem you think these dudes are created to only entertain you as football players they're humans first.

The Fonz

Correctamundo
Reaction score
sddefault.jpg