News: DE Sam Williams arrested Sunday on controlled substance, weapons charges

Motorola

Reaction score
Here are some additional things to keep in mind about the unlawful carrying of a weapon in Texas:

• The penalties for unlawful carrying of a weapon can vary depending on the circumstances. For example, carrying a weapon in a prohibited place is a Class A misdemeanor, which is punishable by up to a year in jail and a fine of up to $4,000.
  • If you are convicted of unlawful carrying of a weapon, you may also lose your right to own or possess a firearm in the future.
  • Even if you are not convicted of unlawful carrying of a weapon, you could still be arrested and charged with the crime. This is because the mere act of carrying a weapon in a prohibited place is considered a crime, even if you did not intend to commit any other crime.

Would be a felony if he wasnt allowed to possess a firearm.
'Reid1boys' -- I appreciate the information.
My younger sister lives in San Antonio (single, just turned 58 last week) - and over the last several years she has mentioned wanting to purchase a handgun.
Will follow up with her on her knowledge of the laws and procedures to be in compliance.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Clark taking a leap could prove to be more impactful to the defense than either of them. Its not like the hopes of our season were riding on Overshown and Williams.
Overshown was going to be a big addition. A playmaker at the linebacker position which we didnt have. Williams was our 2nd best pass rusher and top 4 Dlineman. Mazi Smith looks like he wont contribute much early or much this year.

All of a sudden a defense that was supposed be complete isnt looking that way anymore.

were basically back to the same front 7 as last year with a suspension possibly coming to Williams.

I do agree that Clark will be much better this year.

BrassCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Many are giving opinions about what should be and what should not be illegal, and most are valid, but in this case and cases like it, is pointless.
If you want to play in the NFL, you stay clean and obey existing law. Most humans do that without that stipulation and the money that comes with it.
They all know what is expected of them. No excuses even the just being human one.

Wizarus

Reaction score
Stupidity. If I'm about to set myself up to make millions, no way I'm threatening my bag over this nonsense.

Motorola

Reaction score
Thats why i said that. Money doesnt make you perfect or give you perfect judgement.
As i said before.....i bet a ton of stupidity goes unremarked. He just happened to get caught....this time.
Happens to all walks of life. Cops, doctors politicians....everyone.
1997: Dallas Cowboys Head Coach Barry Switzer arrested Monday morrning, August 4th at DFW International Airport for having a loaded .38 caliber handgun in his carry-on luggage.

rambo2

Reaction score
'Reid1boys' -- I appreciate the information.
My younger sister lives in San Antonio (single, just turned 58 last week) - and over the last several years she has mentioned wanting to purchase a handgun.
Will follow up with her on her knowledge of the laws and procedures to be in compliance.
A guy that I went to high school with got shot and killed by his wife last Thanksgiving.